Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Tzetze wrote: »
    I bought one from a hong kong seller with 64k sales and 98% positive feedback. It has just been shipped out of hong kong today. After paying duty and vat charges (very slim chance of it slipping through, but fully expect to pay the charges), the total price will still come in slightly cheaper than expansys.ie. Hopefully will have it early next week.

Nice one! Is that an Uk/euro version or American?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

It's got 4x GSM bands and 3x 3g bands, so I guess that makes it American? Doesn't really matter one way or another, as both will work fine here.

It's got 4x GSM bands and 3x 3g bands, so I guess that makes it American? Doesn't really matter one way or another, as both will work fine here.

Well thats sound so :)!

No its just I read that there might be some compatability issues using an american version over here....but I'm not that technical minded to know stuff like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

nokia stated to someone on maemo.org that there is no hardware issue and its just the warranty that is effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmm would a NAM version have a euro warranty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wont be going that road so. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Brother in Law said stated that it came with 2 batteries

BL5J-H which is what is in it and BP6M which is completely different may have to ring them tomorrow to see what the story is with this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Brother in Law said stated that it came with 2 batteries

BL5J-H which is what is in it and BP6M which is completely different may have to ring them tomorrow to see what the story is with this

According to the site in the box is

* Nokia N900
    * Nokia Battery BL-5J
    * Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-10
    * Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205
    * Nokia Video out cable CA-75U
    * Nokia microUSB charger adapter CA-146C
    * Cleaning cloth

I should finally get mine tomorrow (Stupid slow post :( ) and will check then to see if I got the same

Only thing that puts me off getting a NAM version is that the customs tax would put the price higher than if I was to get a UK version off Ebay etc..

Hate paying customs...........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

just heard today from a Nokia worker that the Nokia store in London is closing down so no plans to open one up here. Also a Nokia web site for both UK & IRL will open in Feb '10. This might be a good option if you want to buy it direct from Nokia.

Will swype technology be available on the Maemo 5 OS in the future?

yeah. First post from my n900:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hartem

I just had a phone delivered from expansys.co.uk, which was supposed to include a £30 voucher.

It didn't come with the package so I've just checked the small print on the website
    http://www.expansys.com/i/mktg/rim_9700_voucher_promotion_tsandcs.pdf

and it says:
    "The promotion is only valid for end user eXpansys customers supply a UK invoicing and delivery address;"

That's a bit sickening, especially considering they have the same phone on the Irish website:
    http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=189327

With the exact same terms and conditions. So even if you bought from expansys.ie you still don't get your voucher.

Have any of you actually received a voucher with your N900s?

Here's the T & C for the N900 offer, its the same;

http://www.expansys.com/i/mktg/nokia_n900_voucher_promotion_tsandcs.pdf

Now to email Expansys and tell them they are *****. Should have paid the extra £10 for the N900 on ebay yesterday. Would have had it by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

matrim wrote: »

Jammy b*****d.

I expect a full review, pronto. :D

Seriously, give us the full low-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

matrim wrote: »

Cool, what's it like. Does it feel clunky? Not that that will deter me...

can you open a command prompt?
    what is the range of the fm transmitter?
    Have you used the maps yet? OVI any good?
    Does it make tea?

What does it feel like using the keyboard? That will probably take a while to get used to!!! Lucky..... :pac:

I only played around for about 15 - 20 minutes because I'm in work. So far I really like it. It was a bit heavier than I thought but not too heavy. Also if felt quite sturdy, some reports I'd heard had people calling it flimsy.

The keyboard feels quite good and I was easily able to type (I have big fingers). And the screen is responsive and accurate even without any calibration, e.g. Using my fingers I was able to logon to the full version of boards and navigate here without any zooming or hitting the wrong link.

I made one quick call and quality seems good but will have to test that later.

Here's the T & C for the N900 offer, its the same;

http://www.expansys.com/i/mktg/nokia_n900_voucher_promotion_tsandcs.pdf

Now to email Expansys and tell them they are *****. Should have paid the extra £10 for the N900 on ebay yesterday. Would have had it by tomorrow.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my order with expansys.ie and trying to locate one on ebay.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

I'm seriously considering cancelling my order with expansys.ie and trying to locate one on ebay.ie

I ordered last Wednesday 9th from nokia.co.uk online(friend in NI card & address). Cancelled my expansys.co.uk order.
    He told me in the order confirmation e-mail it said delivery 3-4 weeks but think this might be a standard e-mail they send to cover themselves?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

hartem wrote: »
    I just had a phone delivered from expansys.co.uk, which was supposed to include a £30 voucher.

It didn't come with the package so I've just checked the small print on the website
    http://www.expansys.com/i/mktg/rim_9700_voucher_promotion_tsandcs.pdf

and it says:
    "The promotion is only valid for end user eXpansys customers supply a UK invoicing and delivery address;"

That's a bit sickening, especially considering they have the same phone on the Irish website:
    http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=189327

With the exact same terms and conditions. So even if you bought from expansys.ie you still don't get your voucher.

Have any of you actually received a voucher with your N900s?

When did you order from expansys.co.uk and from where if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

got sick of waiting on exponsys... bought one from ebay just now seller was "i-choose" seems reputable ... should hopefully have it before christmas... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

SoundWave wrote: »
    got sick of waiting on exponsys... bought one from ebay just now seller was "i-choose" seems reputable ... should hopefully have it before christmas... fingers crossed.

Watch the " Custom " on that, it will be coming from china.

SoundWave wrote: »

Same seller that I bought mine from. Seems reputable alright, and provides a warranty too. Mine's just left Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

it's getting tight for christmas now!!

still have my Expensys order in the pipes
    my uk nokia just got cancelled cause I just added a random post code to the end of my own address!!
    Amazon is still on pre
    buy.com on pre order. what to do?? :(

correct uk address is a requirement
    probably matching address for the credit card.
    uk contact number for delivery!

provides a warranty too

How so? Is is a Nokia warranty or his own personnal one which may not be worth the paper its emailed on. If its a Nokia one doesnt it have to be the European version or at least bought in Europe to be covered by the warranty?

His own personal warranty, which may not be worth the etc.
    linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Mine's just left Hong Kong.

how long did it take from the time you paid untill it started shipping?

If you exclude the weekend, it took two working days, but one of those days was clearing up some confusion over ebay and paypal (made-up) postcodes conflicting. I thought it a good sign that he wanted to clear that up before shipping.

I'd put money on yours leaving Hong Kong by Thursday.

• Advertisement

Hoping to win an auction bid on ebay from a UK seller, so ifwin it I won't have to pay customs and hopefully I'll have it for xmas.:D

Advertisement