Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Did you check if it was the NAM version or European? Not a huge diff I know but could tip me either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Hoping to win an auction bid on ebay from a UK seller, so ifwin it I won't have to pay customs and hopefully I'll have it for xmas.:D

Got an email from ebay saying the this seller's account has been accessed by a third party, which could lead to fraudlent transactions! :mad:

So I don't think I'll bother bidding on it. If I did go ahead and won the auction....as long as I pay via paypal, I'm covered by ebay right?

Don't like the sound of getting scammed on ebay.

I got an similar email re another seller I was looking into in the UK. I would stay away at all costs.

We can see that you've had contact with adnan.agar through eBay recently.

We've been looking into activity on this account and taken action if we needed to. To protect this member's privacy, we can't share any more details about their account.

People sometimes misuse eBay accounts by sending emails from them. In these emails, they invite you to buy or sell outside eBay, or ask questions that have nothing to do with eBay. They do this in the hope that you'll respond and give them your email address.

We strongly recommend you treat emails from this member with caution and don't respond if you hear from them again.

I got an similar email re another seller I was looking into in the UK. I would stay away at all costs.

That is exactly the same email and "SELLER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im now having a look at this one, trying to get some info. Might message them to see if Ebay send something similar to me about this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nokia-N900-Unlocked-Cell-Phone-Mobile-Computer_W0QQitemZ370279519248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item5636611410

• Advertisement

Im now having a look at this one, trying to get some info. Might message them to see if Ebay send something similar to me about this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nokia-N900-Unlocked-Cell-Phone-Mobile-Computer_W0QQitemZ370279519248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item5636611410

Is that a NAM version? Whats the difference's between that and the european version? Compatability issues?

Would the keyboard be the same as european version?

Bah!!! Only now noticed its coming from America. Would be NAM. The only diff is some 3g bands are missing on the European version cause they're not used in Europe. But again America -> Customs Tax.

Might be better off waiting for Expansys or Vodafone. No returns policies / no warrantys are very dodgy when you consider a lot of people have reported getting their N900s and the mike is not working on it.

I wonder why Expansys dont have it when there seems to be so many floating around ebay. They cant all be scams.

Bah!!! Only now noticed its coming from America. Would be NAM. The only diff is some 3g bands are missing on the European version cause they're not used in Europe. But again America -> Customs Tax.

Might be better off waiting for Expansys or Vodafone. No returns policies / no warrantys are very dodgy when you consider a lot of people have reported getting their N900s and the mike is not working on it.

I wonder why Expansys dont have it when there seems to be so many floating around ebay. They cant all be scams.

I was talking to a guy from carphone warehouse today and he said he has a few contacts in the UK, who reckon that expansys won't get their hands on a batch until end Jan or start of Feb. I personally don't think it would be that long more but you never know. Fcuk Nokia anyways with their bad release dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

Normally Nokia phones from the east are good quality clones. I had an 8250 years back and I brought it to nokia repair and the engineer told me that it basically, "wasn't made by nokia". He still fixed it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Tzetze wrote: »
    If you exclude the weekend, it took two working days, but one of those days was clearing up some confusion over ebay and paypal (made-up) postcodes conflicting. I thought it a good sign that he wanted to clear that up before shipping.

I'd put money on yours leaving Hong Kong by Thursday.

niceone... got an email there saying it was preparing for shipping, how was urs sent? ups... fedex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

EMS Speedpost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Tzetze wrote: »
    EMS Speedpost

Did you have to pay any import duty on the phone?

I've bit the bullet and gone with that ebay using also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

god's toy wrote: »
    Did you have to pay any import duty on the phone?

Haven't got the phone yet. Will most likely have to pay duty and vat on it. Only a very slim chance of it slipping through without charges. Will be interesting to compare duty charges between those of us who bought outside of the eurozone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

expansys.ie got them allready? "technicly"

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=186949

price is allright aswell. anyone ordering it? As alot of people saying it will come out only at jan/feb...

expansys.ie got them allready? "technicly"

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=186949

price is allright aswell. anyone ordering it? As alot of people saying it will come out only at jan/feb...

I've it on preorder the past two weeks, but others have it pre ordered with them the past three months!! The release date keeps getting pushed back, which as I understand is Nokia's fault.

I've it on preorder the past two weeks, but others have it pre ordered with them the past three months!! The release date keeps getting pushed back, which as I understand is Nokia's fault.

so basiclt its b*ll****? those 4 days will expand to anather 4?

so basiclt its b*ll****? those 4 days will expand to anather 4?

and another 4 after that, and so on. I feel sorry for the lads who are waiting since September for this. I'm only waiting two weeks and I'm fed up. The phone is def worth the wait, but all this inconsistent, "nobody knows the release date" malarky would drive anyone mad.

and another 4 after that, and so on. I feel sorry for the lads who are waiting since September for this. I'm only waiting two weeks and I'm fed up. The phone is def worth the wait, but all this inconsistent, "nobody knows the release date" malarky would drive anyone mad.

i am planing to get get iphone this sunday... but i only now took a good look at n900, and i got stunned. I just love the menus, new graphic proccesor, proper querty keyboard...

I really dont whant to wait for mine xmas present untill feb.... :rolleyes:

i am planing to get get iphone this sunday... but i only now took a good look at n900, and i got stunned. I just love the menus, new graphic proccesor, proper querty keyboard...

I really dont whant to wait for mine xmas present untill feb.... :rolleyes:

I know and I was on the same boat last week...I was thinking feck it...sure I'll get the N97 or something like that. But the reality is that the N900 will blow the competition out of the water by a mile.

Also, I don't think that the N900 will take as long as Feb to come out. I can see it arriving in expansys.ie first week in Jan. Its already selling in Europe and the States so its only a matter of a couple weeks max imo.

worth the wait buddy....;)

I know and I was on the same boat last week...I was thinking feck it...sure I'll get the N97 or something like that. But the reality is that the N900 will blow the competition out of the water by a mile.

Also, I don't think that the N900 will take as long as Feb to come out. I can see it arriving in expansys.ie first week in Jan. Its already selling in Europe and the States so its only a matter of a couple weeks max imo.

worth the wait buddy....;)

so its out in europe allready? what about UK? i cant believe it takes so long!!!

Thought if i get iphone now, it will be easy to get wrid of it... as there is so many apple fanboys...

• Advertisement

so its out in europe allready? what about UK? i cant believe it takes so long!!!

Thought if i get iphone now, it will be easy to get wrid of it... as there is so many apple fanboys...

Yep it's out in the UK BUT only in Nokia stores and online Nokia.co.uk

And no they wont ship to Ireland...:mad:

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep it's out in the UK BUT only in Nokia stores and online Nokia.co.uk

And no they wont ship to Ireland...:mad:

wonder are they readily available in nokia stores? If it was the case, then a cheap flight as stated earlier in this thread for €50 would'nt be a bad option.

Don t know to be honest, maybe the N900 thread on AV forums would be a better place to ask?

I've just received my tracking number from Hong Kong and it's looking like being very close to Xmas day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

For the few people who already have their device my webtext application is in the extras-testing repository if you want to test \ use it.

wonder are they readily available in nokia stores? If it was the case, then a cheap flight as stated earlier in this thread for €50 would'nt be a bad option.

I'll be in Manchester on saturday. Gonna see about picking one up!

RobbieM wrote: »
    I'll be in Manchester on saturday. Gonna see about picking one up!

LUCKY you! Hope you get one!

(Remember Nokia stores only)

Well the nokia online is too dodgy!! I just got another cancellation!! :p

Order No. 900XXXXXX From Nokia UK Online Shop Has Been Cancelled

But I think I have figured a way.... maybe??
    UK address
    UK Mobile Number
    Irish delivery address
    Irish credit card.
    Express Delivery
    I put my irish mobile in the last address field!!

Then I rang them. The rep said it will be processed later.

I think this might work cause visa just rang me to authorise the payment!!
    fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

I got a call from my mate in the North today who said his bank called to ask him to authorise payment to Nokia. I hope this means they are delivering. I ordered last Wednesday week Nokia UK online. I got him to order on his credit card to his address.

Nokia had told me that they don't deliver to Ireland and they don't accept credit cards with Irish billing address. I honestly think the best way of getting it fast is nokia.co.uk. Next is Mobile phones direct who manage nokias retail stores. Next is all the other third parties expanysys etc.

ps the Nokia store was showing out of stock since I ordered

LK1 wrote: »
    I got a call from my mate in the North today who said his bank called to ask him to authorise payment to Nokia. I hope this means they are delivering. I ordered last Wednesday week Nokia UK online. I got him to order on his credit card to his address.

Nokia had told me that they don't deliver to Ireland and they don't accept credit cards with Irish billing address. I honestly think the best way of getting it fast is nokia.co.uk. Next is Mobile phones direct who manage nokias retail stores. Next is all the other third parties expanysys etc.

ps the Nokia store was showing out of stock since I ordered

would you be able to get phone in stores up north? as i got a few lads living in there, would be a great oppurtunity to visit them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone else see that the price of the N900 has gone down on expansys to 589.99 euro

Advertisement