Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

matrim wrote: »
    I don't think the hard covers are needed but a screen protector probably is

You'd be surprised. I've the iPhone for almost two years now, and not a scratch on it. I am always careful not to put it in a pocket with keys or coins, so I would question whether screen covers are really needed.

Hang on, two years? Definitely time for an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. I've the iPhone for almost two years now, and not a scratch on it. I am always careful not to put it in a pocket with keys or coins, so I would question whether screen covers are really needed.

Hang on, two years? Definitely time for an upgrade.

Once you're careful you could get away without the screen protector but the N900 has a softer screen than the iPhone so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I got a dursec one for about 7 euro and it works fine. For me it doesn't effect the sensitivity of the touchscreen much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

matrim wrote: »
    Once you're careful you could get away without the screen protector but the N900 has a softer screen than the iPhone so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I got a dursec one for about 7 euro and it works fine. For me it doesn't effect the sensitivity of the touchscreen much.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

I also had one of the durasec hitec protectors ready and waiting before the phone arrived. I was a bit put off by it at first as it had a very cloudy appearance, but can hardly tell it's there now. The protector already has a couple of scuff marks on it, so it's already proved to be of value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Did anyone try to install DrNokSNes yet? If anyone managed it let me know how exactly, going around in circles trying to find files now its removed from Maemo.org and find how to install them.

Did anyone try to install DrNokSNes yet? If anyone managed it let me know how exactly, going around in circles trying to find files now its removed from Maemo.org and find how to install them.

Not yet. I keep meaning to but haven't got around to it yet. Have you checked or asked in this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34936

whats the virtual keyboard like to use? Am thinking "swype" would be a handy app to install when it becomes available.

whats the virtual keyboard like to use? Am thinking "swype" would be a handy app to install when it becomes available.

I've not used it since I got the device and haven't needed too. Typing on the keyboard is easy. Although I hope they add some sort of portrait keyboard as that would make a few things easier

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

I ordered one of these

www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/nokia-n900-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Not cheap but hopefully good.

n900 sittin in Enniskillen.Don't think I'll chance the drive today:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Also has anyone tried transferring video files to the N900, I connected to PC with PC Suite, seems to be very slow getting around the directories and the progress bar seems to hang while transferring.

Also has anyone tried transferring video files to the N900, I connected to PC with PC Suite, seems to be very slow getting around the directories and the progress bar seems to hang while transferring.
    Just connect it as mass storage and it appears as a hard drive. Once the files are there the media player will pick them up

LK1 wrote: »
    I ordered one of these

www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/nokia-n900-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Not cheap but hopefully good.

n900 sittin in Enniskillen.Don't think I'll chance the drive today:(

Yeah def going to order one of these for when i get mine as well. Anyone used one of these on their N900 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so guys what in yer opinon is the bestplace to buy a N900 from expansys amazon etc? gona order one just need to know what is the quickest route, if i order of amazon.com will i get caught with tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

RobbieM wrote: »
    best app so far...
    Torrent downloader
    n900 link: Transmission :-)

and then use this excellent search engine from nerrot

http://www.nerrot.com/

Theres are alot of memory to fill!!

absolutly agree with you there. program has the odd crach sometimes but my god its such a great app on the n900.

canola2 is pretty good aswell for an all purpose media center on the phone. comes in handy when connecting the n900 to the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

so guys what in yer opinon is the bestplace to buy a N900 from expansys amazon etc? gona order one just need to know what is the quickest route, if i order of amazon.com will i get caught with tax?

With Anazon.com Yes you will, with Amazon.co.uk no you wont (But we don't know when they are shipping them)

I think someone said expansys.co.uk were shipping now.

Has anyone got Power Twitter working on the N900?

Like here: http://thenokiablog.com/2009/11/23/how-to-install-power-twitter-nokia-n900-web-browser/

it's installed but just not working.

Works with Firefox on the pc no prob.

(asked on Maemo.org but little help so far)

i couldnt find it on amazon.co.uk could anyone give me a link please

god's toy wrote: »
    With Anazon.com Yes you will, with Amazon.co.uk no you wont (But we don't know when they are shipping them)

I think someone said expansys.co.uk were shipping now.

yeah but not to irish addresses! I've had mine on preorder with expansys.ie for 3 weeks now and still no sign/email regarding a definite shipping date. But worth waiting for imo.

i couldnt find it on amazon.co.uk could anyone give me a link please

Someone said they had so many pre orders it was taken off or something.
    It was showing up for me as I had one ordered with them.
    yeah but not to irish addresses! I've had mine on preorder with expansys.ie for 3 weeks now and still no sign/email regarding a definite shipping date. But worth waiting for imo.

Oh looks like 2 in a row for me...

Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

no worries just wish nokia would hurry up and get it out already, u would think ireland being one of the most expensive contries in the world it would come out here first:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Expansys.ie now saying "48 In Stock - 1 Day"

By the way - whats the difference between the €599 and the €708 one? (2 come up if you search for "N900") ??

Expansys.ie now saying "48 In Stock - 1 Day"

By the way - whats the difference between the €599 and the €708 one? (2 come up if you search for "N900") ??

Savage!!!!! Hopefully I'll get mine in this first batch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

First post from N900:) Happy xmas

Just now working on how to add contacts to screen and working on simple things like texting. Have not hooked it up to PC yet to load stuff on

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

Finally!!!!

just posting from my shiney new N900!

loving it so far!

Nice one guys. Give us a good few updates when ye can!

joedumper wrote: »
    Finally!!!!

just posting from my shiney new N900!

loving it so far!

Woohoo! Another user to the list :)

Whats your first impressions of it?

A few days of ownership now and I'm loving it the more I use it!

(lol just don't try to work out how to change the Ring tone...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I truely, truely hate you all. :D

Spiteful C$%ts!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Getting use to Qwerty keyboard.Is firefox the installed browser or do u have to install it? Have got a few texts & trying to get use to this. Have not tried to change ring tones or install my own that difficult? Would like both portrait & landscape mode hopefully when updates come it will fix this?
    Still loving it:):)

Advertisement