Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 voteforlee

My friend from colleges father has some connection with nokia and was allowed to use a mock up at some nokia convention. My friend said he said it was super quick and the menus and general os looked amazing but that he was gunna keep his n97 for a few more months until the os is fully sorted, he also commented the ketboard is not anywhere near as nice as the n97 due to the vertical sliding mechanism

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

so any ideas of when this might be available ?
    even sim-free ?

I'm on the cusp of getting an N97 ( the old N95-8gb went swimming ),
    but this looks like a mobile that could actually be useful for web browsing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

its out in october.

getting it myself.

have my n97 up for sale already.
    finding it hard to sell for 450.

That mean we are a " Select Market " :)

or are you going sim-free from uk or something?

well judging from the n97 it took over a month for a network to pick it up.

i will order it from expansys uk as they had the best price last time.

only took a day to get here aswell and with the n97 the shipped it before everywhere else, a few people had it before the 19th of june.

best thing i can think about the n900 is that they waited until a month before hand to release most of the specs, really exited about this phone, can't wait

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan.

Having read through this entire thread, and a lot of the n900 links , i'm pretty much convinced. I've an n85 coming from the insurance of my n95-2 , so thinking i'll sell that on, and wait for october :D

I've always wanted a proper little internet tablet.
    one that can do gsm calls makes it all the better.

nokias previously just didnt handle the internet well, awkward to navigate/ read. this looks like it finally could be the answer.

here is a another video about the n900.

its in italian but you get how responsive the screen is from the video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Looks like it's available to pre-order on the Nokia UK Shop for £499...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looks like it's available to pre-order on the Nokia UK Shop for £499...

i think i'll be waiting a while for that price to come down....:(
    Can't justify spending that much on a phone, even if it's bitchin.

And on the German nokia site it's 599euro !

What happened to the 500euro mark touted at Nokiaworld just this morning !!!

• Advertisement

500 was the basic price without vat i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

joedumper wrote: »
    And on the German nokia site it's 599euro !

What happened to the 500euro mark touted at Nokiaworld just this morning !!!

Add on VAT of approx. 20% and you get another 100 quid on top the the 500 euro sales price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dazmus

Anyone know if this can be bought from the noka store in the Uk and delivered to Ireland. Sold my n97 last week, felt it wasn't anything special just felt like my old n95, so mad to get this.

Thanks
    D

Dazmus wrote: »
    Anyone know if this can be bought from the noka store in the Uk and delivered to Ireland. Sold my n97 last week, felt it wasn't anything special just felt like my old n95, so mad to get this.

Thanks
    D

i'd wait mate.

expansys uk will have it for the same price if not less. they ship to ireland aswell(only taks 1 day to get the package) also the take laser aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dazmus

Cool thanks for the advice ill keep an eye on expansys uk then ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thor wrote: »
    500 was the basic price without vat i believe.

Bugger! Looks like I'll be joining alan and waiting for the price to come down.

Bugger! Looks like I'll be joining alan and waiting for the price to come down.

pus*sy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Still think I can do it! (but just) Have to keep the price hush hush from the other half but when it's in my hands I'll take the flack then. :eek:

I'll use the 'my Omina is a year old now!' line

just so anyone knows i have a spare £15 voucher for expansys.

can be used for either ireland (which gives like 17 something).

if anyone wants it to order the n900 when its up let me know and i will pm the code to you.

just pu in my order for the n97 got it brand new from vodafone for €278 using my dads upgrade since hes quite happy with his 5800. was gunna wait for the n900 but think ill wait till the next maemo phone, give the os a chance to develop a bit as im sure it will

• Advertisement

voteforlee wrote: »
    just pu in my order for the n97 got it brand new from vodafone for €278 using my dads upgrade since hes quite happy with his 5800. was gunna wait for the n900 but think ill wait till the next maemo phone, give the os a chance to develop a bit as im sure it will

this is maemo 5. they have been using the os for quite awhile now. its just the first time its been a phone. no big deal im sure nokia can't mess that part up now

might take you up on that thor :D

the minute it comes up on proper order on expansys, i intend to be placing my order.

come on october !!

sound joe i will pm you a code.

might be able to get more codes

will let you all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

this is maemo 5. they have been using the os for quite awhile now. its just the first time its been a phone. no big deal im sure nokia can't mess that part up now

Hm...I had an n770 after it had been on the market for over 2 years. Loved it but it was the buggiest, glitchiest thing ever! Every time I used it I thought, thank g*d it's not my (primary)* phone [*no, I didn't think with brackets ;) ]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

well it doesn't support mms! Wonder what else may be missing? shades or iphone version 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

strecker wrote: »
    Hm...I had an n770 after it had been on the market for over 2 years. Loved it but it was the buggiest, glitchiest thing ever! Every time I used it I thought, thank g*d it's not my (primary)* phone [*no, I didn't think with brackets ;) ]

Had an n770 too, picked one up on the cheap. It was good when i bought it, but it's just far too slow to cope with most websites these days.

yes i know that but im just sure after a month or two they'll see that they could have done a lot of things better/ easier, as the first venture into new technology virtually never means best use of that technology. I personally just dont think it quite has a big enough advantage over the n97 to upgrade. The os in the videos just does look amazing you have to admit and it looks to simple and intuitve to work with but theres no key aspects of it (such as for example a much better camera) that would make me immedately drop the n97.

i just think the next nokia maemo phone will step up and be counted a little more then this seemingly just better polished n97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I will Hold for Change as well, Loving My N97 at the moment, and really it's not a much diffrence, N900 has 600 mb of virtual ram so can't see why that can't be implemented in n97 too.
    Don't want to be beta tester any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Does this have a radio ? Seems like it only has an FM transmitter and if this is the case may go for the N97?

• Advertisement

im starting to think it doesnt have a radio, but to me that doesnt make a difference.

im still selling my n97 to get this.

i barely use the radio on the n97 if at all.

Advertisement