Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

vibe666 wrote: »
    AFAIK, the sales tax depends on where in the US you ship it to, some places you could pay up to 20% in state & local sales taxes, but in other states there are no sales taxes at all. I'm pretty sure with online ordering the destination of the item will dictate what sales tax (if any) would be charged.

You're right - I was basing it on New York where my mate is..I want one NOW where can I buy it in a shop in Dublin! Or is expansys the only real option (and expansys uk a little cheaper?)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Ok, I got the primary and secondary DNS numbers from this method. I'll not go back and set these figures on my N900 and see what happens?

Yup, use Tzetze's instructions with those numbers and try it out, hopefully that should sort it out for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

You're right - I was basing it on New York where my mate is..I want one NOW where can I buy it in a shop in Dublin! Or is expansys the only real option (and expansys uk a little cheaper?)

I don't think any shops have it! I ordered from expansys UK last night, it's in transit right now! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 seldone

Okey so Ive purchased an 900 from the States.Being delivered to friend in states then to me. Should I insure low or not at all ?.Should I discard the box and have it sent in usps box without reciepts inside as used gift .Any ideas out there are all ALL welcome ., Thanks

funkyflea wrote: »
    I don't think any shops have it! I ordered from expansys UK last night, it's in transit right now! :D:D:D
    funky how did you know exactly that it was €568 from expansys uk - do they convert it from stg to euro when purchasing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Yup, use Tzetze's instructions with those numbers and try it out, hopefully that should sort it out for you

No Joy :mad:

None of the three repositories worked when I entered my own DNS settings, just like when I entered the settings Tzetze's gave me earlier.

This is really a big bug for me on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

smegheadz wrote: »
    i'd log in on the O2 site and get the settings for your phone, if their like meteor they should txt you out the config or have it on the website. Failing that ring them up and ask them for the data settings.

I rang them and they dont have a scooby do as its not on their list of phones? Anyone else have the settings for 02 or can you get it from Nokia:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

funky how did you know exactly that it was €568 from expansys uk - do they convert it from stg to euro when purchasing?

You know that's a good point - I converted it myself but just noticed they haven't charged my credit card yet. I have confirmation from DHL and expansys that it's shipped though.

I guess they'll charge when they get around to it, could end up being slightly more (or less) than that when they do.

edit - Charged, looks like €584 :(

I rang them and they dont have a scooby do as its not on their list of phones? Anyone else have the settings for 02 or can you get it from Nokia:confused:

I can't use my o2 IE internet either from my N900. Keep getting the connection failed error.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

the settings are generic really. i think matrim is on O2 with the n900, give em a PM or something. or check the forums for the O2 settings.

• Advertisement

No Joy :mad:

None of the three repositories worked when I entered my own DNS settings, just like when I entered the settings Tzetze's gave me earlier.

This is really a big bug for me on the device.

can you post a screenshot of what it looks like, hell take screens of the whole app manager n everything u do and change on it. see if there's something i can spot.

any luck with someone else having a wireless connection to use?

and try this dns

The Google Public DNS IP addresses are as follows:
    anyone can use them. test your connection once u change it with your browser first. then test the app manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Just re buying from the states, and that Dell deal requiring a US credit card...is there any US equivalent of a 3V card that would be acceptable to Dell is there? A quick google brought up things like Obopay and top1card but I've no idea if it would be accepted, or how safe those sites are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

can you post a screenshot of what it looks like, hell take screens of the whole app manager n everything u do and change on it. see if there's something i can spot.

and try this dns

anyone can use them. test your connection once u change it with your browser first. then test the app manager

I don't think it's a DNS issue. The fact he can get to the site in the browser would show this.

The page you got when you went there was a certificate page, which showed that you are able to communicate with it.

and try this dns

Here's a few more screens of the app manager and log:

Screenshot-20100107-183353.png

Screenshot-20100107-183403.png

Screenshot-20100107-183415.png

Screenshot-20100107-184734.png

Screenshot-20100107-184756.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

the background of the first screenshot, The one that says failed to refresh. you are actually not connected to the internet as i don't see the icon in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

another repo
    Maemo Nintendo Emulators
    http://b-man.xceleo.org/repo/maemo-nintendo-emulators/
    fremantle
    main
    and it works!

Try changing downloads.maemo.nokia.com to 92.122.127.25

so the url would be

https://92.122.127.25/fremantle/apps

matrim wrote: »
    Try changing downloads.maemo.nokia.com to 92.122.127.25

so the url would be

https://92.122.127.25/fremantle/apps

You mean create a new Nokia applications repository?

You mean create a new Nokia applications repository?

That or just temporary edit the current ones

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    That or just temporary edit the current ones

can't edit or delete the current nokia app or nokia software repo...just disable them.

So I'll create a new nokia repo with the details you gave above?

This problem is making me regret buying the N900 now.:mad:

one of the guys at maemo.org boards gave me this link:

http://maemoteam.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/maemo-org-server-move/

It seems that the repo's are not working for anyone???

Can anyone confirm that their nokia app and nokia software repos' are working and updating?

one of the guys at maemo.org boards gave me this link:

http://maemoteam.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/maemo-org-server-move/

It seems that the repo's are not working for anyone???

Can anyone confirm that their nokia app and nokia software repos' are working and updating?

just read a thread on repos problems for people, can't find the thread again. but i was gonna tell u about it there. there's info on putting in the debian repos and downloading some apps there. maybe you should try that and if the applications show up then it's a server problem. if not then it's a network or n900 problem.

would it be worth resetting the N900 to factory settings or have you invested too much time in setting it up at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 seldone

can anyone tell me the total weight of the nokia package ,without box.like the phone charger and whatever else comes with it .ps .so sorry regarding asking about how to avoid . vat .etc Had no idea it was out of order .
    cheers . seldone

would it be worth resetting the N900 to factory settings or have you invested too much time in setting it up at this stage?

I would'nt mind resetting it factory settings at all. At the end of the day, If its problem with my device then I want it sorted.

I've never reset a phone before. Is this called flashing? Is'nt that not meant to be good or something like that?

I would'nt mind resetting it factory settings at all. At the end of the day, If its problem with my device then I want it sorted.

I've never reset a phone before. Is this called flashing? Is'nt that not meant to be good or something like that?

yes it's called flashing on the n900.

is yours a US or UK model?

what channel is your wifi set on your router?

yes it's called flashing on the n900.

is yours a US or UK model?

what channel is your wifi set on your router?

Uk model.

How do I find out what channel my wifi is set on my router? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

FYI RE expansys.ie prices, i emailed them before the n97 launch to ask them why the irish site had the price for the n97 €100 more than the sterling price and they thanked me for letting them know and changed it to (almost) match the UK price given the exchange rate at the time.

if the price is very different between the two sites then let them know and fingers crossed, they should correct it.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    FYI RE expansys.ie prices, i emailed them before the n97 launch to ask them why the irish site had the price for the n97 €100 more than the sterling price and they thanked me for letting them know and changed it to (almost) match the UK price given the exchange rate at the time.

if the price is very different between the two sites then let them know and fingers crossed, they should correct it.

not much of a price difference at all. i still think it's better to get it from nokia.co.uk

Advertisement