Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

LOL Good stuff!

Right now I cant download anything from the Ovi store.
    It asks me to log in I do but tells me the info is wrong... When I try on the Laptop it says the Account authentication system is currently down... grrr have to wait I guess.

EDIT: It just started working now. Eggtimer app here I come!.. Yep I'm sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

god's toy wrote: »
    LOL Good stuff!

Right now I cant download anything from the Ovi store.
    It asks me to log in I do but tells me the info is wrong... When I try on the Laptop it says the Account authentication system is currently down... grrr have to wait I guess.

EDIT: It just started working now. Eggtimer app here I come!.. Yep I'm sad.

LOL!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Ahhh reading this makes me want my n900 now, I can't wait another 2 weeks.

I applied the Zagg Invisible full body shield to mine today and have to say I'm well impressed with it!

I was concerned about the screen(obviously), but I was also concerned about the sensitivity of the screen after putting the shield on, but I have to say I don't notice any difference in the least.

Now I don't have to worry about the screen or any of the body getting marked as the shield is unbelievably tough!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Can't wait for my N900 to get here. It's in East Midlands Airport at the moment according to DHL tracking :cool:

Also got the Zagg full body shield....glad to hear touch screen is hardly affected by it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 seldone

hey dudes .havent even got me n900 yet an already checking out nokia n900 protection sheild .check out the zagg review for nokia n900 on youtube.its worth havin a gander before application.seldone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 happydud3

Looks like a great phone. Where can you buy one? Or any news on when one will be avaliable on an irish netowrk?

I just read that the The next big update will require 45 megs of free space on the rootfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

god's toy wrote: »
    I just read that the The next big update will require 45 megs of free space on the rootfs.

Where did you see that?

I'd assume it's only for the initial download and install. After that it probably won't take up much more (if any).

Not really a big problem for me as I have 55 free but I can see some people complaining.

oh sorry i forgot the link. here you go
    http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭LK1

happydud3 wrote: »
    Looks like a great phone. Where can you buy one? Or any news on when one will be avaliable on an irish netowrk?

Vodafone are getting it AFAIK but no announcement yet.I'd keep an eye on vodafone.ie forum

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

got my N900 today well impressed zagg invisible shield on the way too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

goldwing wrote: »
    got my N900 today well impressed zagg invisible shield on the way too

Who did you buy it from?
    I've noticed prices have started to drop on ebay and the likes...hmmmm

Who did you buy it from?

bought it on expansys

Am looking for a widget that will get new updates(as in from rte/tv3 etc). I have the APnews one at the moment and its fine but alot of news from europe does'nt interest me.

Any ideas/links?

Also, just wondered if any of ye have streamed rte live onto you device? I've tried, but can't seem to get it to work.

Used RTE player on it. playing within MicroB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

can someone check if google (gmail) chat works? I'd love to know. thanks. my n900 is on route, can't wait!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

That would be google talk. It's built into the phonebook.

corglass wrote: »
    can someone check if google (gmail) chat works? I'd love to know. thanks. my n900 is on route, can't wait!

Yep it does! and it integrates into contacts too like all the others (IE Twitter,Skype,Yahoo ect.)
    And you can set up gmail for the device too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

dregin wrote: »
    That would be google talk. It's built into the phonebook.

Amazing - thanks!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 roryj

Who did you buy it from?

I got mine from fonzeonline. No problems ,Ordered it by phone and paid for it on collection. Seamless and hassle free. Got the little orange icon re: update more or less when i switched on. No problems so far, battery life seems good as i have been messing with it all day and only needs a charge now. Ovi suite will not work though. And trying to load map data
    is a bit problematic.

can't register my upgrade on vodafone, is this because it's not available on vodafone yet or simply because it's unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

goldwing wrote: »
    can't register my upgrade on vodafone, is this because it's not available on vodafone yet or simply because it's unlocked?
    Then it isnt an upgrade.Just a new phone you bought

ok thanks was'nt sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I applied the Zagg Invisible full body shield to mine today and have to say I'm well impressed with it!

I was concerned about the screen(obviously), but I was also concerned about the sensitivity of the screen after putting the shield on, but I have to say I don't notice any difference in the least.

Now I don't have to worry about the screen or any of the body getting marked as the shield is unbelievably tough!:D:D:D

Whats it like on the touch screen and sensitivity or noticed any major differences thinking of ordering this myself as have one on Archos

Whats it like on the touch screen and sensitivity or noticed any major differences thinking of ordering this myself as have one on Archos

As I said, I've no complaints. I don't even notice that i've it applied on mine. I can see/feel no difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Can't wait for my N900 to get here. It's in East Midlands Airport at the moment according to DHL tracking :cool:

Mine has been sitting there for a while now!

Hope they move it on soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

roryj wrote: »
    I got mine from fonzeonline. No problems ,Ordered it by phone and paid for it on collection. Seamless and hassle free. Got the little orange icon re: update more or less when i switched on. No problems so far, battery life seems good as i have been messing with it all day and only needs a charge now. Ovi suite will not work though. And trying to load map data
    is a bit problematic.
    they have "coming soon" for the n900, was it there for you too? how long did they take and is your's a UK model? i'm considering them as they take laser too.
    you have to fax or email ur passport or anthing?

Mullins07 wrote: »
    Mine has been sitting there for a while now!

Hope they move it on soon :)

mine was there from 23:24 (on the 11th) until 05:09, it arrived in Dublin at 06:43 and was at my door at about 10:30 (on the 12th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Are 3 sims gonna be supported in the next FW update? I've one lying around that I wouldn't mind using for the data add-ons and use an old nokia as my main phone.

Anyone tried using aircrack-ng? I'm struggling a bit with x-terminal, trying to run applications from that, all new to me.

Advertisement