Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well on my bill the N900 is €289, Vs €500 plus sim free....
    But thats on an 18 month contract....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Im happy with voda so mine should arrive tuesday- ordered early sat afternoon- and getting it for 300 is way better than 500+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Quick question for anyone who has ordered from nokia.co.uk ... if posting to a UK address, do you have to have a UK registered credit card? It's saying that I have in an invalid postcode when filling out my (Irish) billing details. If I put in a fake postcode will the charge be cancelled as it doesn't match my credit card details??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Jicked wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone who has ordered from nokia.co.uk ... if posting to a UK address, do you have to have a UK registered credit card? It's saying that I have in an invalid postcode when filling out my (Irish) billing details. If I put in a fake postcode will the charge be cancelled as it doesn't match my credit card details??

I'm pretty sure you have to have a UK credit card and possibly that the billing address should be the same as the postage address.

Check back on the thread as some people previously tried to order with a UK address and Irish card just before christmas

Damn, that's annoying. I presume if I put in delivery address postcode in to the billing address section the transaction will just be cancelled :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

Jicked wrote: »
    Damn, that's annoying. I presume if I put in delivery address postcode in to the billing address section the transaction will just be cancelled :(
    it must be a UK postal address and a UK billing address.

I had to get my sis in derry to order it for me. other way is fly over and buy it from the nokia shop on regent street, head over for a weekend, get the n900 and have a holiday.

there were some ryanair flights for 40€ return dunno if their still available,.

I managed to get around it! I sent it to my brothers house in London, but entered my ordinary billing address for my credit card in Ireland, but just stuck in a UK postcode at the end. It may mean my will be returned as a wrong address, but surely Royal Mail will see that the Republic of Ireland isn't a suburb of London and send it on its way (though will they even send out a paper bill?) I was afraid that the transaction would be cancelled if the billing information did not match the credit card's billing information exactly but it's been shipped so now its case of just eagerly waiting for the little beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It's out of stock on vodafone.ie at the mo.

I think I may have to get it shipped to a store, so I can provide id...

It's out of stock on vodafone.ie at the mo.

I think I may have to get it shipped to a store, so I can provide id...
    you can ship it to my address if you like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So I have configured "Accounts" in the Conversations App for Twitter, MSN, Skype and Ovi. This then resulted in all of my contact lists for these accounts flooding into my contact list. I tidyed things up by merging the various msn and twitter addresses with my pre-existing contacts and then deleted the rest that I didn't care about. The net result being that all texts or tweets or whatever else from a single person were grouped together under a single conversation. Pretty impressive I think.

Problem is that my accounts are updating my contacts list on a daily basis. Duplicates aren't being created anymore but there is still 50 or 60 email addresses from msn that I keep having to delete. Same applies to Twitter, i.e. every person that I follow is being written to contacta whereas I only want my mates appearing in my contacts.

Anyone having the same issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you're really going to hate me for this, but look what I won!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055806390

i just heard back from the rep at the weekend who said that Nokia are more than happy to give me two n900's instead of n97's, so it looks like I'll be joining the club after all! :D

he did say it could be 3-4 weeks before they are shipped tho, so I still have to wait a while, but all the same €1100's worth of phones isn't anything to sniff at even if i do have to wait. not to mention the rest of the prize. it's been days since i got the call and i'm still in shock. i always just assumed that "winners" in competitions were always made up names.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

vibe666 wrote: »
    you're really going to hate me for this, but look what I won!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055806390

i just heard back from the rep at the weekend who said that Nokia are more than happy to give me two n900's instead of n97's, so it looks like I'll be joining the club after all! :D

he did say it could be 3-4 weeks before they are shipped tho, so I still have to wait a while, but all the same €1100's worth of phones isn't anything to sniff at even if i do have to wait. not to mention the rest of the prize. it's been days since i got the call and i'm still in shock. i always just assumed that "winners" in competitions were always made up names.

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say, get the **** out!!!! Nah, congrats man. You must be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say, get the **** out!!!! Nah, congrats man. You must be delighted.
    like a man run down by a steam train, i'm chuffed to bits. :D

although it does mean i'm going to have to try and re-read this whole thread to get all the good stuff, but i guess it's a small price to pay!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

although it does mean i'm going to have to try and re-read this whole thread to get all the good stuff, but i guess it's a small price to pay!

Gimme the second one and I'll tell you everything you need to know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wow thats cool! congrats!!
    a little wait for some cool gear :)

May you have many wonderful fun filled N900 days ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Congrats vibe, nice to see you are joining the n900 club aswell, i believe you were one of the first to have an n97 here aswell.

first thing you do when you get your n900 is to install angry birds!!!! HOURS OF FUN!!!!

i hope you have a good time in nyc, i was there at the end of decemeber(actually got my n900 from there) it really is an amazing place!!! i saw britney spears in the walt disney ship and everything!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Holy crap. Two of them! I want one...NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

What is the max amount of bookmarks anyone has in the built in web browser? I have 13 but when I bookmark any more than that it will initially save but then vanishes? Don't have them in folders. Is it just me? Small annoyance nothing more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I've over 20 bookmarks and no problems adding anymore..odd.

yep 24 here and able to add more.

• Advertisement

Maybe it is just me:confused: will try and save a few later. Was saving the facebook and saved ok but then next day went in and not there ?

Ok my battery is draining pretty quickly not sure what is causing it as its only just happended today? Previously was getting good life from it.Had to configure my ip address and changed this but this is for my home wireless & nothing connected now.Have bluetooth disabled. 3G running. What other issues cause the battery to drain as only charged it last night

hey guys, my N900 arrived this morning from vodafone- this thing is so impressive! Have it charging now.

Ok my battery is draining pretty quickly not sure what is causing it as its only just happended today? Previously was getting good life from it.Had to configure my ip address and changed this but this is for my home wireless & nothing connected now.Have bluetooth disabled. 3G running. What other issues cause the battery to drain as only charged it last night

reboot it and don't connect to any wireless connections. keep it disabled. and see if the battery drains in a few hours.

is the device hot when it's nearly drained?

how many hours is it drained with what kind of usage, eg apps calls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Has anybody noticed how much wrong/ missing information they have on Vodafone.ie? This is going to lead to a lot of confusion and disappointed customers with unrealistic expectations (possibly why there's only 1, extremely bad, review on the page) -

for example -
    Quadband (not necessarily, it doesn't support all the US freqs.)
    Voice Recognition (it definitely doesn't have this yet, may later, but that's no good to people who read it on vodafone.ie)
    Panoramic desktops with over 4 views (what does "over 4" mean? 5?)

And then, they get a few important positives wrong on the Key Features page -
    No Memory Card (it does, and that's a pretty important selling point)
    No FM Radio (Has this too, and an included FM transmitter, which a lot of people buy separately for a fair bit of money)
    By the way, I think these are 2 huge advantages it has over the iPhone, and both are missing from the only place you can buy it from a network in Ireland.

But I think the most important thing that's missing is the distinction between this and a normal phone. Looking at the score of 1 for "ease of use" by the only reviewer, I can only imagine that they were not happy they could not use their phone "as a phone" in Portrait mode, because this is not a phone which is difficult to use.
    A lot people will stumble on to this phone on vodafone.ie thinking it's the next N95/ N96/ N97 and could end up disappointed, which is a huge shame because I personally think this is the best internet/ mobile computing device (with GSM-phone capability) ever designed.
    Still, at least that means more "exclusivity" for us

I was only reading that voda list last night and was thinking of posting something on the voda forum about it.
    You are right in almost everyting. The radio built in is only useable after a software download. (wonder if and when voda hack this device to bits with new firmware will they eable or disable the rado in both tranmit and receve?...)

I feel sorry for those people thinking they are gettting a 'phone' and hate reading negative posts from them afterward... if only they could see its so much more in every way.
    Maybe a Q and A from Nokia\Maemo would help.

god's toy wrote: »
    I was only reading that voda list last night and was thinking of posting something on the voda forum about it.
    You are right in almost everyting. The radio built in is only useable after a software download. (wonder if and when voda hack this device to bits with new firmware will they eable or disable the rado in both tranmit and receve?...)

I feel sorry for those people thinking they are gettting a 'phone' and hate reading negative posts from them afterward... if only they could see its so much more in every way.
    Maybe a Q and A from Nokia\Maemo would help.

might cause some cheap 2week old devices to appear for sale :D

anyone tried the knoami code on the n900? haven't got it yet. waiting for it to arrive :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

Yea, it's alot of reading! someone should do a summary. bags not! :D

or how about a top list of first things to do when you get an N900?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Does anyone know when Vodafone will have it back in stock?

Their call centre staff, while lovely, aren't given much info to work with.

Advertisement