Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Does anyone know when Vodafone will have it back in stock?

Their call centre staff, while lovely, aren't given much info to work with.

Try the Vodafone forum, without leaving the comfort of Boards.ie.

Edit: any one else addicted to Angry Birds. I wonder what the programmers were smoking when they developed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Try the Vodafone forum, without leaving the comfort of Boards.ie.

Edit: any one else addicted to Angry Birds. I wonder what the programmers were smoking when they developed it.

I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT!!! ITS KILLING ME!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Thor wrote: »
    whats this angry birds thing? can it be downloaded onto the n97

Thor wrote: »

It's hell. :mad:
    whats this angry birds thing? can it be downloaded onto the n97

I don't think so - it appears to have this high-tech physics engine that I imagine was written to take advantage of the N900's (and iPhone) graphic capabilities. Website here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

thanks for the link tom its not available for the n97 going have to wait and see if 3 release the n900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Oh my good god I love that game! Really hope thats the standard we have going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

I ordered an N900 saturday from vodafone. should of got it today but the idiots messed up my order. It was only dispatched this evening at 20:00. I'm bulling mad. I better not ave to wait two more flippin days :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So what method are people using to load music onto the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

ive just been sending it from the computer via bluetooth, I got tired of that tho it takes too long and i have a memory card from my last phone (n96) so I just put it on to the card, it's handier

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Does anyone know when Vodafone will have it back in stock?

Their call centre staff, while lovely, aren't given much info to work with.

When Did you check?
    It was out of stock on Sunday but back in on Monday...

Mine should arrive tmrw - looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Has anyone experienced This

Having trouble connecting and it states unable to retrieve an ip address so have to insert them manually under advanced settings ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I am using Amarok with a 'copy/move' script. Just create the playlist and then copy to a folder on the N900. I am currently on holidays so I will look for a better way when I get home.

Just dumped 12Gb of Music on to it. Anyone want to buy an IPod Touch......

Right having serious problems with battery draining. The only thing I changed was changing the ip address. I dont know whats draining it as have no widgets running. I dont know if its searching for wifi but I have it to always ask. Few users on maemo.org having same problem. Uninstalled firefox but previously had this and there was no issues. Left it on overnight and its ran down completly after charging it?

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

smegheadz wrote: »
    reboot it and don't connect to any wireless connections. keep it disabled. and see if the battery drains in a few hours.

is the device hot when it's nearly drained?

how many hours is it drained with what kind of usage, eg apps calls etc.

i know it's bad to quote yourself but i cba typing.

try this.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

-I have the 2G 3G switcher and mostly stay on 2G unless I need to pull some data or skype. I'm getting a days usage with this method (probably 16-18hrs). Switching to 2G is good if you have alot of IM'ers added. It stems the data flow!! Never use DUAL!
    -I have bluetooth on invisible... not sure if it makes any difference.(no beacon)
    -I use the slider to switch off the screen when not in use... obvious?
    -Backlight is set to minimum
    -Internet connections: auto wlan @ 10 mins with switch to wlan when available. (dont use the "any connection" - sounds like bad battery to me!)
    Apps
    Just downloaded Angry Birds.... Brill!! Didn't realise OVI was fully up and running.
    So I'm the kinda n900 user that will just download all the apps in OVI and look at them later!!
    What should I not bother downloading!
    1. not AP news
    2. not we:offset
    3. not weather
    4. not pixel pipe
    5. not evernote??
    6. not qik
    7. not wiki-anything?
    8. not Trials
    9. do we really need another uploader?? I use e-mail upload. cause it backs up in my gmail and sends offline.

am i wrong, any ideas or feedback?

Just had a sneeky round of Angry Birds!!! Brill!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I find that in work my battery drains because I usually connect to 3G in the morning to IM/check emails and after I disconnect, the battery drains faster than what it would if I hadn't of connected in the morning..like the phone is trying to check my contacts availability online, maybe it's all in my head. Email only checks for updates on WLAN.

Either way I bring a charger. Batterys usually alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

mik_da_man wrote: »
    When Did you check?
    It was out of stock on Sunday but back in on Monday...

Mine should arrive tmrw - looking forward to it :)

Tits i checked on sunday.

Looks like its my wireless connection settings at home. Having issues with ip address. In connections I choose advance and then Ip addresses. Had the auto retrieve IP address & Dns unticked and inserted my own. Changed this and it aint draining now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Looks like its my wireless connection settings at home. Having issues with ip address. In connections I choose advance and then Ip addresses. Had the auto retrieve IP address & Dns unticked and inserted my own. Changed this and it aint draining now

Please keep us updated on that.
    I sometimes get an ip error on connect too... but i know its my router. (Belkin)

aveitall wrote: »
    just got my nokia n900 from www.fonezonline.com,

its the ultimate phone, ten times better than my nokia n97...
    ultimate machine..

Seriously, when will you lot learn to stop shilling. :mad:

Banned.

• Advertisement

Right, went ahead and bought it off vodafone.ie.

Decided to keep my old number I hope my 2-3 year old sim doesn't give me problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Right, went ahead and bought it off vodafone.ie.

Decided to keep my old number I hope my 2-3 year old sim doesn't give me problems.

im sure you can go in and get a new sim if you are having problems (or if you are worried).

It's a meteor sim from the cheapest nokia you could buy.

Sure we'll see what happens, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to sort out.
    Hopefully i'll get the phone tomorrow, though i bought it after 3PM ..maybe get it Friday. they won't change the sim over till the 1st of Feb anyway.

Ohh kinda excited now..

also nice one vodafone on getting your emails into gmail's spam filter.

just got my n900 from vodafone today and im loving it!!!!! its like my mini laptop but better because of its gps, phone, and camera capabilities! big up to nokia!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I'm very impressed with the n900. Obviously I'll have to play around with for the next few days but the browsing experience is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

jessconr wrote: »
    just got my n900 from vodafone today and im loving it!!!!! its like my mini laptop but better because of its gps, phone, and camera capabilities! big up to nokia!
    has it got vodafone branding? whats the firmware version? does it have the vodafone 360 ****e on it?

smegheadz wrote: »
    has it got vodafone branding? whats the firmware version? does it have the vodafone 360 ****e on it?

No vodafone branding whats so ever. It had the latest firmware already installed. And finally No voadfone 360 crapidy crap on it! Go get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

How long is the battery life at N900?
    Wanted to choose between N900 and E72, but I'm interested to a long life battery...using fring, email client, browsing if needed and talk duration...

Does anyone try them both?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah Got mine today too
    Great device, just getting used to it.
    for once fair play to vodafone for getting a decent phone fast and not sticking any of their software on it.
    I hope it's a sign of things to come...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Anyone think its time for a seperate N900 App and Tips/Tricks thread?
    This one seems to be more about getting one.

Advertisement