Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 defoe18

Hello all; having viewed this topic over the past few months i took the plunge last weekend and ordered a N900 from ebay. I recieved the device on Thursday from HK and have not put it down since. Having previously owned a N97 (which i liked) i am now blown away by the power of it. To anyone that is thinking of buying one you will not be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 wishihadalife

Who did you buy from on ebay , any problems with getting version out of HK?

Did you get hit for import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

matrim wrote: »
    The blueface settings I use are

Address: username@sip.blueface.ie

Advanced Settings
    Use for telephone numbers: Selected
    Username: username
    Transport: UDP
    Outbound proxy: blank
    Loose Routing: selected

Everything else can be the default

I use
    XX@sip.blueface.ie
    p/word = **

Advanced settings

yes Use for telephone numbers
    User name = XX
    Transport = Auto
    Outbound proxy = sip.blueface.ie
    Port = 5060
    yes Discover Public address
    no Loose Routing
    Keep active / keep alive Auto
    yes Auto detect Stun

I can make outgoing calls. I cannot receive calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 defoe18

Who did you buy from on ebay , any problems with getting version out of HK?

Did you get hit for import duty?

I bought from this seller "Motoron digital" €468 delivered in four days. There is no problems with the chinese version and i updated the firmware immediately. I have not yet recieved any bill for import duty but it may arrive in the post soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

defoe18 wrote: »
    I have not yet recieved any bill for import duty but it may arrive in the post soon.

Mine was delivered by anpost, got stung for €102.
    It was just a few days before Xmas so I guess every package was been checked.

still I was just happy to have it over the Xmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 muppethead

my god. bought an n900 and it is amazing... havent even touched on the capabilities of the phone yet. cant wait to play some more with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Anyone had a problem downloading from the ovi store?

I Haven't managed to downaload anything from it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Just today or ever?

I have downloaded a few things in the past but nothing recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I downloaded bounce today with no issues, it really do show off just how powerful this device is, it looks stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Anyone able to get Forecaweather or OM Weather working? When I first downloaded forecaweather it worked fine, now it just refuses to update itself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

I'm having problems with it too. For some reason it wont download from my wifi connection at home, yet it did work fine when I was in my girlfriend's house using her wifi? haven't tried it with gsm yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EmmetJ

Has anyone had problems playing their old video files from their previous phone? I can't play video files recorded with my N97 on the N900.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

wifi settings can be tricky. try set it up manually, some routers and settings can be annoying, example: i have 3 wifi routers in my apartment. one doesn't support upnp and other things, had lots of trouble with wpa keys, it was default upc settings. i had to change them and it works fine with all my wifi devices.

a tip for everyone, file the hooks on the usb connections, some people have pulled their usb ports out. here's a pic of mine. they stay in perfect and it slides out better 2, doesn't feel like its gonna rip it out anymore.

edit: posting from my n900, lovin the browser and conversation's

EmmetJ wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems playing their old video files from their previous phone? I can't play video files recorded with my N97 on the N900.
    Thats odd as I was supprised to see that all the vids over a few phones all played on the 900 just fine for me.

I was late for work the other morning and just grabbed by n900 from the locker and ran, it pulled the charger from the wall as opposed to fromthe port on the phone. It was an accident but I nearly **** a brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

TomTom wrote: »
    I was late for work the other morning and just grabbed by n900 from the locker and ran, it pulled the charger from the wall as opposed to fromthe port on the phone. It was an accident but I nearly **** a brick.

Something similar happened to me this morning except my n900 slipped out of my hand. Luckily I'm messy and it just fell on to a big pile of clothes :D

smegheadz wrote: »
    a tip for everyone, file the hooks on the usb connections, some people have pulled their usb ports out. here's a pic of mine. they stay in perfect and it slides out better 2, doesn't feel like its gonna rip it out anymore.

edit: posting from my n900, lovin the browser and conversation's

Top tip! I was thinking it was just mine that had 'a little too close' fit for my linking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

re: ovi store: ever.
    haven't managed a download once.

I have got some stuff ffrom the app manager.but thats been hit and miss, couldn't download the facebook app for ages and then finally, randomly, it work.

no changes on my end.

i have iNes, the sport manager. fm radio... but cant dowload amazon or weather... it's seemingly random.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

not having problems with ovi store. just downloaded a few things from it this evening
    already have facebook and foreca installed but tried to download them but it said already installed but it seemed to be working ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 seldone

my precious

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Something similar happened to me this morning except my n900 slipped out of my hand. Luckily I'm messy and it just fell on to a big pile of clothes :D

Mine hit the floor on day two, I too am messy but my wife is a clean nut so there was nothing on the floor to protect it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

TomTom wrote: »
    Mind hit the floor on day two, I too am messy but my wife is a clean nut so there was nothing on the floor to protect it

my brother dropped mine on the ground at rodeo joes!!!

he doesnt get to touch it anymore!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

does anybody know when the free ovi maps will be released on n900?

boarder777 wrote: »
    does anybody know when the free ovi maps will be released on n900?

i dont think it is going to be.

from what i have be reading, its going to be coming out for maemo 6 and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thor wrote: »
    my brother dropped mine on the ground at rodeo joes!!!

he doesnt get to touch it anymore!!!!
    Thats what you get for going to rodeo joes!

Thats what you get for going to rodeo joes!

i know!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

what is the best way to add an RSS feed? anybody doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

RobbieM wrote: »
    what is the best way to add an RSS feed? anybody doing this?

Go to a website with an RSS feed with your default browser. then press the plus botton. A list should put up. Click on subscrube to feed. Done :cool:

Advertisement