Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

Every bit of news or information I get on this phone makes me think this phone will actually deliver on its potential. Cant wait til the release now. The only things Ill half miss is no MMS. But if it has 3g maybe they will change that with a firmware upgrade...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Every bit of news or information I get on this phone makes me think this phone will actually deliver on its potential. Cant wait til the release now. The only things Ill half miss is no MMS. But if it has 3g maybe they will change that with a firmware upgrade...

Yeah the more i hear about it the more i want it. It's too pricey for me though, i just couldn't justify the price...despite it's awesomeness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i used the £15 voucher myself, the uk price comes to 515 minus the voucher its 500 which at the time was 552 euro.

odd how they didnt charge me the irish vat.
    it might have been because im billing address was GB and delivery address was ireland.

some people have them both as ireland.

weird but im not complaning.

Where did you get the voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

kearnsr wrote: »
    Where did you get the voucher?

when i bought the n97 i got 2 x £15 vouchers.

only one worked though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

when i bought the n97 i got 2 x £15 vouchers.

only one worked though.

Ah right. Thought they were giving out some. Was looking for a few

• Advertisement

Expansys have just pushed the day back aswell.

says expected release is 29th of october.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

:( why is the date continually going out

anyone seen it available anywhere sooner ?

on another note... very good , detailed review of a prototype here :
    http://my-symbian.com/other/preview_n900.php

joedumper wrote: »
    :( why is the date continually going out

anyone seen it available anywhere sooner ?

on another note... very good , detailed review of a prototype here :
    http://my-symbian.com/other/preview_n900.php

Yeah I saw that review by michael. It's a very intense review if you ask me.

amazon have it for cheap(shopireland.ie).

Just order it off there uk website.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002QEBX5E/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

expected dispatch date is october 26th. wonder if that will get pushed back aswell.

Just on a side note. Expansys may have pushed the release date back on there site so people who pre-order it from now on are not to expect it until october 29th due to stock limits. We(people who already pre ordered it) might get the first batch when they get it. all i know is that expansys are trade nokia dealers so they will have it when its ready.

well..... thats just me hoping anyway!!!!!

My status on my order still says expected in 21 days which is the 22nd!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

taken from http://my-symbian.com/other/preview_n900.php?page=4

FM radio (if it's there, which is unclear). (it has been confirmed to me that the N900 DOES HAVE FM radio; it will ship without built-in FM radio software, but it will be created and made available for download via the Extras repository by Maemo community).

What are the chances that the Maemo community will develop software to enable mms? Also in the States in November so hopefully should be out by then would this phone work on European/Irish networks? If so will seriously consider getting this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Not sure if this has been posted yet.. http://www.nokiamobiletalk.com/2009/08/ultimate-review-nokia-n900/

I still love that interface, it's gorgeous. I'll keep my N97 til next year and if the N900 is still up to date, switch then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

scr264_sm.jpg

****ing kick ass mang

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Anything I've seen has pointed to it going on the market in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yeah I saw that review by michael. It's a very intense review if you ask me.

amazon have it for cheap(shopireland.ie).

Just order it off there uk website.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002QEBX5E/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

expected dispatch date is october 26th. wonder if that will get pushed back aswell.

Just on a side note. Expansys may have pushed the release date back on there site so people who pre-order it from now on are not to expect it until october 29th due to stock limits. We(people who already pre ordered it) might get the first batch when they get it. all i know is that expansys are trade nokia dealers so they will have it when its ready.

well..... thats just me hoping anyway!!!!!

My status on my order still says expected in 21 days which is the 22nd!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Cool! Thanks for that, a good price too (Under the 600 Euro cut off point for me)

Cant wait now!

yeah its pretty good price indeed.

at the moment it comes to 552 euro i think.

also there release date seems closer then expansys now that expansys pushed it back to the 29th.

my consider ordering it from them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rang the Nokia customer services to see when this would be available in Ireland. They said they end of the month nothing specific. This I already knew. Also tried the 02 forum and they have no updates either

Miss Gunner wants to buy me a bday gift and want this but not available in a bricks and mortar shop.Although in the states next month so not sure to hold of and get it there will it work in Ireland? If I get this from amazon is it unlocked etc, apologies for my ignorance

Just noticed on Bargain alerts that amazon are offering free "Super Saver" delivery on orders over £25. The n900 comes to around 535~ delivered. Not too shabby me thinks. And yes they do deliver to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just noticed on Bargain alerts that amazon are offering free "Super Saver" delivery on orders over £25. The n900 comes to around 535~ delivered. Not too shabby me thinks. And yes they do deliver to Ireland!

Sorry to break the bad news, amazon do offer the free super saver shipping to ROI BUT they dont ship phones outside the UK, wish they did but sadly they dont.

Certain items bought from Amazon.co.uk and from third-party sellers can be delivered only to certain countries. Click the links below to check the list of countries those items can be delivered to.

1e41f7e654384cc6881ac9388e495963.jpg
    Full list of restrictions

Davy wrote: »
    Sorry to break the bad news, amazon do offer the free super saver shipping to ROI BUT they dont ship phones outside the UK, wish they did but sadly they dont.

Full list of restrictions

Are you sure about that.

Just placed my order there and i got the super free shipping crap with it. total it came to just under 538.

Excellent price if you ask me.

• Advertisement

also amazon have there on website for ireland. shopireland.ie

its just amazon.co.uk with euro prices as they ship everything here for us.

at least thats what it looks like to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nigeloconnor

Ebay Seller

Converted to Euro it's 520ish.. if people want to take the chance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Ebay Seller

Converted to Euro it's 520ish.. if people want to take the chance!!
    I think I'd rather pay the extra €20 to Amazon, a lot safer.

BTW guys, if this isn't out until "the end of the month" the Euro is forecast to gain against the Sterling for the foreseeable future. It might be better to wait a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Breezer wrote: »
    I think I'd rather pay the extra €20 to Amazon, a lot safer.

BTW guys, if this isn't out until "the end of the month" the Euro is forecast to gain against the Sterling for the foreseeable future. It might be better to wait a few weeks.

I selected to be billed in GBP, so I'll get the rate when it ships. Always a risk that it could change the other way, but that seems unlikely.

Just pre-ordered it from Amazon details below

Delivery Method: FREE Super Saver Delivery
    Subtotal of Items: £408.69
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total before VAT: £408.69
    VAT: £87.86
    Total: £496.55
    Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    Total for this order: £496.55

Works out about €537 euros it better be worth it or Miss Gunner will be returning it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

With todays free shipping announcement , they also lifted the ban on shipping electronic items.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1006/breaking25.htm

I just ordered the N900 with free delivery for 536euro all in :D

It's saying delivery time between 30th Oct and 2nd Nov.

can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

joedumper wrote: »
    With todays free shipping announcement , they also lifted the ban on shipping electronic items.

The ban has been lifted for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

The Expansys date has slipped again to 1st November. Have it ordered. Thinking about cancelling especially considering shopireland.ie or amazon.co.uk will work out €50 cheaper. Anyone else order on Expansys? What you thinking?

The Expansys date has slipped again to 1st November. Have it ordered. Thinking about cancelling especially considering shopireland.ie or amazon.co.uk will work out €50 cheaper. Anyone else order on Expansys? What you thinking?

For 50 quid i'd cancel and order with amazon tbh, although i doubt you'll get it any quicker than expansys from amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

My order was made when Amazon when they were doing it for 20 or so more than now, I'm keeping my order in place as jumping on the new lower price Que could mean I miss out on the first batch they get...

Just my way of looking at it.

Advertisement