Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 seldone

can someone tell us hoe to transfer audio and video files from xp to n900.Im stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

seldone wrote: »
    can someone tell us hoe to transfer audio and video files from xp to n900.Im stumped.

You have to view it in File Manager and manually copy the files to Audio Clips on the phone.

Pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I checked the vodafone shop in Sligo and they said it's showing up on their system but there is no price for it. He said he doesn't know when it's coming in.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055815695

Apparently Vodafone have it online only, so its unlikely there will be one in a store unless someone returns it.

o2's expected release date is today actually, not on their site yet though.
    seldone wrote: »
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You have to view it in File Manager and manually copy the files to Audio Clips on the phone.

Pain in the ass.

:confused: Can you not just plug it in in mass storage mode and drag and drop in windows, or am I missing something here? Works for me, and media player is very quick to update gigs upon gigs of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Guys, I receved an update for the device today!

Anyone know whats new or changed?

if you dont see the the note on your desktop just go to your app manager and hit update.

god's toy wrote: »

if you dont see the the note on your desktop just go to your app manager and hit update.

Haven't updated myself, but apparently it's minor bug fixes, I don't think there are any new features added. This happened the last time, minor update followed by major updated a couple of weeks later, so fingers crossed there is something big coming soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RobbieM

god's toy wrote: »

apparently it's the the removal of the "red pill" from the app program, or finalisation of the cleanup from that mess!

anyone heard about MeeGo? new OS for the n900?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bmccaff

RobbieM wrote: »
    apparently it's the the removal of the "red pill" from the app program, or finalisation of the cleanup from that mess!

anyone heard about MeeGo? new OS for the n900?

MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, Barcelona, Spain: At the world’s largest exhibition for all things mobile, Intel and Nokia, the world’s leading phone manufacturer, unveiled MeeGo, a Linux software platform that merges Moblin and Maemo into a single joint effort.

The first version of MeeGo, which combines Moblin v2.2 and Maemo v6, is planned for release in the second quarter

MeeGo. Moblin.org and Maemo.org will be phased out as separate entities, coming together as MeeGo.com.

The article is much larger but its an employee bulitin so dont want to get myself in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hmmm interesting. So Maemo 6 was expected pretty soon>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

well, just did the update ---- good so far. Definitely more responsive!!

p.s. USA version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Prices for the N900 just confirmed by O2 Ireland.

Prepay - €469.99

New Customers
    Clear 350 - €299
    Clear 175 - €329
    Clear 50 - €349

Upgrades:
    Platinum - €299
    Gold - €329
    Silver - €349

/edit/ prices are for 12 month contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

ToadVine wrote: »
    Prices for the N900 just confirmed by O2 Ireland.

Prepay - €469.99

New Customers
    Clear 350 - €299
    Clear 175 - €329
    Clear 50 - €349

Upgrades:
    Platinum - €299
    Gold - €329
    Silver - €349

With 12 month contracts as opposed to 18 month:eek: with vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bernik12

Just collected my n900 but initial problem with port from O2 means SIM card wont be active for up to 24 hours. If I charge this baby up tonight I should be able to connect to web sim free through my home wifi?

Just collected my n900 but initial problem with port from O2 means SIM card wont be active for up to 24 hours. If I charge this baby up tonight I should be able to connect to web sim free through my home wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hmm still waiting for this update, and god damn thats a pretty good price for the N900 on o2, i wonder if it's locked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Hmm still waiting for this update, and god damn thats a pretty good price for the N900 on o2, i wonder if it's locked...
    Yep it is locked. You can request the unlock code straight away on Bill pay. Let me know and I will sort it out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Daryll, does the Advance 150 tariff include any form of data allowance?

bernik12 wrote: »

Yes, the device has SIM card phone function but does not rely solely on it for phone calls or any online use, E.G Skype can be used for if needed.

Yep it is locked. You can request the unlock code straight away on Bill pay. Let me know and I will sort it out for you.
    Cheers for the response, but im already a proud owner of a n900 so i won't be needing an unlock code. Although im sure others will be glad of the advice.

babypink wrote: »
    well, just did the update ---- good so far. Definitely more responsive!!

p.s. USA version

Yep it's more snappy for sure.
    Also battery is holding up better... or that could be just me.

go to app manager and hit update, it should be there. its there for me but havent updated, not at home yet to use wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

My device has yet to pickup the update also, anybody else in the same boat?

SeamyH wrote: »
    My device has yet to pickup the update also, anybody else in the same boat?

Yeah, i've tried the app manager a couple of times and it's not picking it up, i'm in no hurry so i'll just have to wait and see.

Oh and by the way, i removed the screen protector, the bubbles under it were driving me mad, and no matter what i tried i couldn't get rid of them. Argh, i'll just be extra careful i guess...

[edit] Maemo 5 Vodafone UK variant firmware
    By downloading the software, you have accepted the end-user software agreement.

Initial Public Release: 1.2009.42-11

•RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11.205.1_PR_F5_205_ARM.bin
    ◦Size: 161237484
    ◦MD5: C34986D04A334CF6885E1FC548E6B081
    Public Release 1.01: 1.2009.44-1

•RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.44-1.205.1_PR_F5_205_ARM.bin
    ◦Size: 158750442
    ◦MD5: 9E093CD7FD5061304F46DEA92079A0EF
    Public Release 1.1: 2.2009.51-1

•RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1.205.1_PR_F5_205_ARM.bin
    ◦Size: 165475106
    ◦MD5: 35F5D4AC5CD07579534332DAA2BA4470

Public Release 1.1.1: 3.2010.02-8
    ◦Size: Awaiting public release
    ◦MD5: Awaiting public release

Pulled from Maemo site - I think I have the UK variant firmware so new firmware not available yet. Should I flash the global version I'm guessin that's what the peeps that have the update available to them are already on?

Maemo 5 UK variant firmware
    By downloading the software, you have accepted the end-user software agreement.

Initial Public Release: 1.2009.42-11

•RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11.203.2_PR_F5_203_ARM.bin
    Public Release 1.01: 1.2009.44-1

•RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.44-1.203.4_PR_F5_203_ARM.bin
    ◦Size: 158881514
    ◦MD5: 3E0DE1CB317C22D41D2A318F4E3706A6
    Public Release 1.1: 2.2009.51-1

•RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1.203.2_PR_F5_203_ARM.bin
    ◦Size: 165606178
    ◦MD5: 194B3BCF7195BA0EFE5F3D11E499567A
    Public Release 1.1.1: 3.2010.02-8

◦Size: Awaiting public release
    ◦MD5: Awaiting public release

This is me actually, just did some research. I'm 203.2 i.e unlocked UK, update not available as yet. Well it's reasurring to know it's not a device issue :-)

just updated and am seeing minor speed improvements. I say minor becuase I didnt notice much lag before, i like minimalist desktops so only have one active, with one shortcut. and one widget (google quicksearch) on it.

The one example I do notice that when I open the phone app from the homescreen, it 'grows' from one corner. the transition used to kinda jutter, but not in a way that would delay, kinda like a it was happening with a low framerate. This jutter is gone anyway and the browser seems to load pages a bit quicker. Again, this could be down to the fact that the update rebooted the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Nephew wrote: »
    Daryll, does the Advance 150 tariff include any form of data allowance?
    Unlimited data through the "internet" APN

Youtube has less lag now when vids are starting up

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

Oh and by the way, i removed the screen protector, the bubbles under it were driving me mad, and no matter what i tried i couldn't get rid of them. Argh, i'll just be extra careful i guess...

I've the same screen protector, i put it on in work at my desk while eating toast haha. i have no bubbles or edges lifting.

try this:

use monitor/window screen cleaner spray. the cleaning cloth you got with the phone or glasses cleaning cloth.

clean the screen, good wipe.

peal from the left side off to halfway and line up the camera/sensor holes.
    then use a credit card and push it hard and flat while u peel the rest slowly. no bubbles at all first time applying it and only ordered 1. have to say i'm impressed since the colour and touch is not effected and finger prints and smudges come off easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bambi wrote: »
    Picked one of these up at the weekend while abroad (so no warranty to fall back on). Tried update maemo unsuccessfully this morning, would'nt update anything over the air so I tired it using nokia's software update via PC with the end result that the device is now bricked a la here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34983

Looks like I'll have to buy another battery tomorrow and hope that I'll be able to flash the damn thing from the command line. Hugely unimpressed with nokia's software QA right now. :mad:

New battery did the trick, flashed it and am back up. The app manager wouldn't update ( the initial problem) until i switched my dns settings to use opendns servers, working now.

Nokia's implementation of this device is bloody horrendous, OTA updating is so integral that it should be absolutely rock solid, there's nowt wrong with my routers' DNS server's it should be working with them.

And as for the fail for exchange app ..I never expected it to work but even the app itself horrific.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

1st post on my n900 and although I've only been fiddling around for an hour or so I am pretty impressed and I can see endless hours being lost just scratching the service!

As stated earlier, no SIM in yet but have connected to wifi but there are no visible updates in App manager and I was wondering if I'm on the latest version? My current version is 2.2009.51-1, can anyone point out if this is the most recent version and also if an active SIM has any bearing on available downloads?

Thanks in advance
    Karl
    :D

Advertisement