Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

does anybody know why I can't get the RTE player working on mine? The advert plays then after that nothing works. I can't get their Live Player going either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It worked for me up to last week but has stopped. Have they changed the codec they use maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just a warning for people looking to install the leaked PR1.2 firmware. Apparently if you decide to go back to the current 1.1.1 release you lose the phone functionality!
    Now some people claim they are having no problems with the unofficial 1.2 but others are saying they are having massive stability issues with all aspects of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got the email from Nokia about joining the Ovi Suite Beta test! happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

god's toy wrote: »
    Got the email from Nokia about joining the Ovi Suite Beta test! happy days!

Me too, Doesnt really look any different, Adds n900 support.

Not allowed to talk about it anywhere else but the nokia discussion forums!!

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    Me too, Doesnt really look any different, Adds n900 support.

Not allowed to talk about it anywhere else but the nokia discussion forums!!

Haha, yeah i got that email too and downloaded it. It doesn't look that different. Very meh...if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Any chance someone could do me a favour?

In MicroB, I was trying to change address bar search to google.ie rather than the default google.com results page. i.e, when you type something non-url in the address bar it searches it in google. I went to about:config and filtered to keyword.URL then attempted to change the value from .com to .ie but messed it up and pasted "www.google.ie". Now when I search for lets say "computer" it basically goes to "www.google.iecomputer" - annoying! Any chance someone could copy the string value so I can paste it back to what it was?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stee wrote: »

In MicroB, I was trying to change address bar search to google.ie rather than the default google.com results page. i.e, when you type something non-url in the address bar it searches it in google. I went to about:config and filtered to keyword.URL then attempted to change the value from .com to .ie but messed it up and pasted "www.google.ie". Now when I search for lets say "computer" it basically goes to "www.google.iecomputer" - annoying! Any chance someone could copy the string value so I can paste it back to what it was?

Thanks

Try changing it to

http://www.google.ie/search?q=

Thanks

Okay, well here's what i did over a month ago now. I took the the search value from my desktop firefox and entered it into microb. It works well
    http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=

Perhaps not what you're looking for, but still.

Thats exactly what I was looking for! Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Thanks
    keyword.URL;http://www.google.com/m/search?client=ms-nokia-maemo&channel=unibox&q=

Love this thread, dormant all day and as soon as a query is posted you get 3 solutions in ten minutes. Thanks lads. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Happy to help, stee.

@stee - Actually http://www.google.ie/m/search?q= would work better as this will give you the mobile version of google.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone using fMMS on O2?

I had an old version working fine but now it doesn't work any more. When I try to send it looks ok but the message never gets sent and when I receive a message I get a normal text saying to go to legacymms.o2online.ie to get the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

matrim wrote: »
    Anyone using fMMS on O2?

I had an old version working fine but now it doesn't work any more. When I try to send it looks ok but the message never gets sent and when I receive a message I get a normal text saying to go to legacymms.o2online.ie to get the message.

I have the same problem with Vodafone. However, I never managed to get it set up correctly - only tried it a week ago. I've checked and rechecked the settings but the message just hangs and never sends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Domscard wrote: »
    I have the same problem with Vodafone. However, I never managed to get it set up correctly - only tried it a week ago. I've checked and rechecked the settings but the message just hangs and never sends.

I've got it working on VF.

Posssibly silly questions:

Are you dropping the 0 and puttinga + at the start?

Have you got the connection set to rude, polite, or havok?

If the phone is constantly connected to one of the other APNs, and you selected one of the less 'agressive' connection methods, maybe it's simply not geting an apn to connect to?

Aggggh.

Earphones died the morning.

Anyone know where i can get a replacement pair thats

1) gold plated
    2) has the third indentation on the jack

everything on ebay seems to have either two indentations and/or not be gold plated.

Thanks

Aggggh.

1) gold plated

everything on ebay seems to have either two indentations and/or not be gold plated.

Thanks

Would they still be covered under warranty?

More success searching by part number : Wh-205 for those of you who can't read the nanonscopic type on the back of the earphones.

Would they still be covered under warranty?

I don't think the warranty covers accessories... although dead earphones after 2 weeks is pretty annyoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

has anyone had the problem of the covering on the keys chipping off??

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

Aggggh.

1) gold plated

Thanks

what about http://cgi.ebay.ie/Nokia-WH-701-Stereo-Headset-remote-control-E71-MINI-n97-/250619913405?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item3a5a1c64bd

goldwing wrote: »

Didn't see N900 on the list of models... i'm guessing the volume controls don't work on Maemo(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

Didn't see N900 on the list of models... i'm guessing the volume controls don't work on Maemo(?)

can't see why not it's the same model number, but on the other hand the buttons etc. does look a little bit different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

what is the story with video playback on this thing? i seem to get perfect playback on some episodes and a poor version on others. the frame rate seems to be about half but running full speed.

The episodes have been encoded by the same person...and its happened on more than one show.

The playback fine on my creative zen, but obviously this has the nicer screen.

also my gps no longer works while using my camera, anyone heard of that?

On the fMMS thing, I was talking to guys in O2 and the recommended I change the APN to

* Access Point Name: internet
    * User Name:
    * Password:
    * Prompt password at every login: Unchecked
    * Use Proxy: checked (yes)
    * HTTP Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    * Port Number: 8080
    * MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    * Resize image: 300
    * Phone Number: (Your Phone Number)

They also had to make some changes to my account for it to work for me but I'm not sure exactly what they changed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Can someone post there Vodafone settings for fMMS?

Thanks!

LoGiE wrote: »
    Can someone post there Vodafone settings for fMMS?

Thanks!

They should be here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

As much as I love the phone, its really begun to get on my tits lately. I find sometimes the touch just doesn't respond and I have to restart the phone a few times. Other times if I try to open an app like the browser nothing happens at all but about ten minutes loads of browsers open up for each time I tapped the app.

Maybe it was covered earlier in the thread but can anyone tell why the phone keeps saying 'unable to receive or sent new messages. Device storage full. Remove data to free memory' when I have 3 gbs free and 1.5gb free for installable apps. I had the same problem last week but it went after a few days.When it happens none of my photos or videos show up and some recent calls and text don't appear, it also messes up the chronological order of the calls and texts.

Does this sound like a bug in the software or a faulty phone?

• Advertisement

Nephew wrote: »
    As much as I love the phone, its really begun to get on my tits lately. I find sometimes the touch just doesn't respond and I have to restart the phone a few times. Other times if I try to open an app like the browser nothing happens at all but about ten minutes loads of browsers open up for each time I tapped the app.

Maybe it was covered earlier in the thread but can anyone tell why the phone keeps saying 'unable to receive or sent new messages. Device storage full. Remove data to free memory' when I have 3 gbs free and 1.5gb free for installable apps. I had the same problem last week but it went after a few days.When it happens none of my photos or videos show up and some recent calls and text don't appear, it also messes up the chronological order of the calls and texts.

Does this sound like a bug in the software or a faulty phone?

For the message thing check this thread on talk maemo

for the others can't say I've seen anything like that or heard of it

Advertisement