Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Disgrace.

Options
  • 07-06-2009 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just want to say i think it is a disgrace the way the papers have been ridiculing the man who made the mistake with the English Paper 1. It is one thing to name him but for them to splash his face with dunce hats on the front of papers it just becomes not only somewhat nasty but embarassing for the rags in question. Have some respect for public privacy of individuals and some cope on with regard to how you treat people who are clearly not in the public eye. If every mistake i made was splashed over the papers your life would be pretty hard to live. It is now sunday and i thought that this would be ended, the saga that they are trying to create not only shows the lack of talent/integrity in these papers but maybe the level of idiocy which our country has got too. A mistake was made, however costly build a bridge grow up and show some maturity(directed at the editor's of the sun and the news of the world). The frenzy that insued made me feel embarassed to be a student also listening to everyone whine and winge on the radio like a little self entightlement driven banzi's. Enough is enough now i feel can we all move on and leave the poor man alone i'm sure he feels horrible over the whole thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

Which paper did the dunce hat? That's appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Just want to say i think it is a disgrace the way the papers have been ridiculing the man who made the mistake with the English Paper 1. It is one thing to name him but for them to splash his face with dunce hats on the front of papers it just becomes not only somewhat nasty but embarassing for the rags in question. Have some respect for public privacy of individuals and some cope on with regard to how you treat people who are clearly not in the public eye. If every mistake i made was splashed over the papers your life would be pretty hard to live. It is now sunday and i thought that this would be ended, the saga that they are trying to create not only shows the lack of talent/integrity in these papers but maybe the level of idiocy which our country has got too. A mistake was made, however costly build a bridge grow up and show some maturity(directed at the editor's of the sun and the news of the world). The frenzy that insued made me feel embarassed to be a student also listening to everyone whine and winge on the radio like a little self entightlement driven banzi's. Enough is enough now i feel can we all move on and leave the poor man alone i'm sure he feels horrible over the whole thing.

Hear hear. Typical tabloid reaction. It wouldn't completely impossible for him to sue for defamation, something which I think that when the fuss has died down, people would probably fully support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Creating a thread to further discussion good or bad won't help matters any

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement