Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sony DJ headphones, which would you recommend? MDR v900 vs v700

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

whichever is cheapest.
    seriously though both will be fine.its not going to be an unpleasant listening experience with either really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

does the fact that mine are Z700s mean they are fake!? :eek:

700s FTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

At that price fakeys, they might look like the real deal but are gonna sound like crap, I'm over that side of the world at the mo' and every second shop has them for 20 - 30 euro :eek:

Have a search on ebay for "mdr-v6" theres a few american sellers where you can get a set for around 50 euro delivered, much more comfortable for round the house listening for hours on end and they WILL last.

IMO nicer sound than 700's or 900's which I found have the build of a BMW and weight to match if you want a headache after 30 mins.

Sound engineers have been using V6's them for donkeys .....

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭kevogy

deevey wrote: »
    At that price fakeys, they might look like the real deal but are gonna sound like crap, I'm over that side of the world at the mo' and every second shop has them for 20 - 30 euro :eek:

Have a search on ebay for "mdr-v6" theres a few american sellers where you can get a set for around 50 euro delivered, much more comfortable for round the house listening for hours on end and they WILL last.

IMO nicer sound than 700's or 900's which I found have the build of a BMW and weight to match if you want a headache after 30 mins.

Sound engineers have been using V6's them for donkeys .....

Linky

well... you'd never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

These are fakes, stay well clear, I bought a set of v 700's off e bay, looked the same, when I got them they felt cheaper, and the sound quality was terrible, For a real set in Ireland the v 700's are about 120, They only bad thing about them is after a while the swivel cup starts to crack after a while, mine lasted about 2 years of being used 3 nights every weekend

• Advertisement

These are fakes, stay well clear, I bought a set of v 700's off e bay, looked the same, when I got them they felt cheaper, and the sound quality was terrible, For a real set in Ireland the v 700's are about 120, They only bad thing about them is after a while the swivel cup starts to crack after a while, mine lasted about 2 years of being used 3 nights every weekend

ah ****e well to late now. i suppose i can send them back.

how can i test them for fakes, i probly wont be able to tell the diference anyway

If they are fake they wont have the CE mark on the inside of the head band, If thats there you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

The CE mark and cabling differences have lately been addressed by the fakers :cool: - if its from china, they have lots of stock and at less than 50 (ex shipping) dont bother.

American sellers are ""normally" better but not always, if its seems too good to be true, it probably is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Sony are muck,get yourself some Seinheiser,worth the extra few bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mouth

i have a pair of sony mdr's and they broke at the swivle part... they where good alright tho....

i now have a pair of pioneer hdj 1000 and they are way better than the sonys ever where... they really come in handy in a club as they produce a way clearer bassier sound... which as u know is tre important...

but tbh you can geta set of omega fairly cheap and they will do just fine.. they are based on the pioneer hdj 1000's

in the end the pricey ones will last longer... but if your using them all the time for work an ****e then they too will eventually brake.... so go cheapish i say...

thomann have some good selection of headphones to cater for all budgets...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OCD RADIO

interestin stuff here, personally ive only ever used the sonys v-700, the only things i cud ever trust for gigs like, had them pioneer 1000s and hated them, and my plugs are well to big for those seinnheisers to be of any use to me haha,
    Here's the thing tho, whats the story with this CE thingy yous talk about what exactly is it ?, the reason i ask is i just bought me a new set of guess wat yes mdr v700s in HMV 2 or 3 weeks ago (possibly the 5th set ive bought in like 8 yrs) anyway they only cost 99 quid, now the going rate for these used to be 150 easily in ireland so i was fairly happy only shedding a 1er as u can imagine, things is im looking here (under the headband) the only marking i see says "thailand".......................
    Im not making accusations of course not but HMV hardly selling fakes are they, sound seems fine from them build is exactly the same, any1 tell me what im actually looking for here this CE thingy, thanks people

CE.JPG

i should be on the inside of the headband somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 OCD RADIO

thank you, i suppose that explains it quite clearly, is that the "actual size" of it aswell hehehe

Depends on what pair you have, but once you have thailand on the inside rear its fine, and on the fakes the ear cup is smaller than the real ones, there is a big difference in the sound quaity as well, If any of the sellers are in China stay well clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Picked up a pair of MDR700s in a bricks and mortar shop today as I need em for a gig tonight, HMV in Swords, 100EUR, real obviously....

Out of curiosity I wandered into the Sony Centre and priced them - €130!

90% of the ebay ones are fakies, lots of friends stung!

Advertisement