Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penumbra deal on steam.

Options
  • 07-06-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

A fiver for both games.

Are they any good?

Going to start with Penumbra Overture.

This weekend deal thing is crazy, the amount of el cheapo games I have got in my steam list now is getting silly. Some were terrible, others brilliant. Hopefully this is a good one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

They are supposed to be good - I'll take that, forgot to check the weekend deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah they're good. Well worth the price. But not for a shooter fan.
    Very atmospheric, not many enemies and you can't really kill the ones that are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I cant get out of the first room :( I like so far though :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just bought these too. Looks interesting!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i remember playing this for the first time! was on the edge of my seat despite nothing actually happening!

• Advertisement

Just hope you never actually have to kill anything. Apparently they took combat out of it completely for the second game.
    Definitely liking it so far though.
    Stupid mutant dog things. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

There are places where you get the kill the dogs if you want. Not as straight forward as other games but very satisfying after spending most of the game hiding from them.

I only finished Overture on saturday. I had played through most of it on my linux install but forgot about it for nearly 2 years until I saw the Steam Deal. I copied over my old save games and continued.

I started Black Plague straight after. Enemies are a little different to say the least. Not sure how it will progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Black Plague is excellent, although you might need to of played the first to understand the hints that expand on the original story.

Real edge of your seat stuff. If you've played this you can understand why I laugh when I hear the likes of FEAR 2 calling itself survival/horror.

Atmosphere was done perfectly, and the complete lack of weapons made it all the more satisfying. At some points you literally had to solve a puzzle while trying to evade an enemy. There where times when I was convinced the game needed to give me a weapon, but there's always a way of progressing without one.

There are places where you get the kill the dogs if you want. Not as straight forward as other games but very satisfying after spending most of the game hiding from them.

I only finished Overture on saturday. I had played through most of it on my linux install but forgot about it for nearly 2 years until I saw the Steam Deal. I copied over my old save games and continued.

I started Black Plague straight after. Enemies are a little different to say the least. Not sure how it will progress.

I have been puncturing gas canisters and fligning it at them. Then cream them with the pickaxe when they get back up.

Advertisement