Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what to buy , what to buy ?

• 07-06-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

ok so im having a bit of a dilemma and looking for some advice !!!!
    this might take a bit to explain but bear with me.......

Sold my mini cooper last week ( my baby :( ) and i just cant decide what to do !!!

option one would be .......

spend 5-7k on a car .......maybe a 01-02 celica or something along those lines...... and pay a god chunk off my loan ( loan isnt huge! ) what else could ye suggest for this kinda money ???

option two would be ......

spend 10k ish and get a new model a3 or 3dr astra etc.....what would be a nice car for this money ???
    i dont mind spending the 10k on a car as long as i get something that i wont loose alot of money on , and that if i needed to sell it in a few months id be able to get rid of it easily ......so im leaning towards the a3 then because they seem to be selling really well ( most ive called about are sold !!)

id love another mini but they seem to be loosing their value quickly and apparently I was lucky to get away without anything going wrong with mine and to actually sell it!!!

im 22...female... full licence for 1yr .....3yrs no claims bonus..... no real preference to petrol/diesel but max 1.8 if its petrol!

hope ye can help !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

consider a TT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

The Celica is very good value these days and there is a massive amount to choose from.

Do you have any interest in a Hyundai Coupe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mini mouse

love TT's but i think id be stretching my budget a little..... also 1.8turbo .....dunno if my insurance co would like that ....they wouldnt quote me on an RX8 !!

yeah ive seen a nice few celica's about ..... would they be hard to sell on again though ???

love the look of hyundai coupe's .....like the new shape evne better ( waaaayyy out of my budget though ) .... drove a 05 one the other day but wasnt gone on it ..... the interior was just plastic, plain and loose ( no offence to coupe owners !! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My ITR, drive it and you'll buy it :D

dont laugh at me but is ITR .....integra type R ???? :D

• Advertisement

mini mouse wrote: »
    dont laugh at me but is ITR .....integra type R ???? :D

Yep ;)

E2965AFC3AC94AEC8865208EE3BB3B2F-500.jpg

that's very good value for a 99

looks like a lovely car ....just dont think they're for me !!!
    was going to say cute but i think that could get me in trouble :D

mini mouse wrote: »
    looks like a lovely car ....just dont think they're for me !!!
    was going to say cute but i think that could get me in trouble :D

ah when a women says cute i know what there after! :p

I'm thinking VW beetle for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Wat-i-say-goes

how about this 307, would cost ya 5 and u could pay off ur loan!! and its a 1.6 petrol! http://adverts.ie/119354

and what would that be now draffodx??? lol!

ok so if i was to go cheap and cheerful what about this ......
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/MRS/TRD-KITC/200922192956752/advert?channel=CARS....soethin along those lines anyway

anyone know much about mrs's ?????

and for my a3 a bit more expensive option im thinking this

http://www.usedcarsni.com/27356941

or 04 with a few more miles and a few less extra's and a few quid cheaper
    http://www.usedcarsni.com/27400877

?????

beetle????? dont know if i like them or not tbh!

@ wat-i-say-goes.......no thanks ...... 207's would be more my style !! good luck with you're sale though !!!

how about a 206CC? or a Mazda MX5?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

mp22 wrote: »

lol :D

mx 5 's dont really do it for me...... peugeot could be worth a look though thanks colm !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If you're looking at that MRS seriously, you'd be better of going for a TT.
    If you drive an MX-5, i bet you any amount of money, you'll change your mind.

yeah ive just been lookuing up mrs's .....the one i posted a link too was the first one i saw..... found a few MUCH nicer ones !!!

just out of curiosity what makes an mx5 so good?? maybe i should just have a spin in one

MX5:

Proper boot
    RWD
    open top
    faultless build
    Good looking
    Good image
    lovely to drive
    1.6 models available
    Cheap to buy
    Hardtops widely available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Also, one of the best handling cars ever built. Which is a wonder, considering it's a convertible.
    Beautiful cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

colm_mcm wrote: »
    consider a TT.

+1,

You could pick up one for around 10-11 k for a 2001 and 2002 model, just make sure that the dash pod has been covered under warrenty, and that it had it had its haldex filter and oil changed at 40k and 20k respectively.

There is a 180bhp and a 225bhp quattro option both are 1.8t. Sure you can always ask ur insurance for a quote.

I know which one i would choose:D

I saw a few nice ones on adverts.ie lately

just rang my insurance company to get some quotes......
    a3 2.0tdi sport ....only a few euro extra for the year ......
    they dont insure sports cars apparently so wont quote a TT Rx 8 MRS Celica etc.........
    and if i cancel my policy i'll loose the 8mths no claims bonus ive built up this year so far !!!!
    plus i already lost 6mths no claims bonus when i had to cancel my policy to change companies to get insured on mini last year !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

did u try mx5?? i know at first the dnt seem 2 cool, but ive driven 92 one, and it was best crack ever, + this video changed my opinion alltogether :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-dFAfQjcM

no havent tried one but from the sounds of everyone here im missing out!!!!
    cool vid ....thanks

Advertisement