Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tired'o D4 heads on the radio

• 07-06-2009 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

"ooh, people ahnt in the ba's talking about kite soffing injuries, now they're talking about economic depression..I say.."
    (heard this or something similar on some radio show I accidentally put on. No wonder I don't listen to the radio very often)

WTF is wrong with these people. I don't want to hear about the D4 parasites talking about how they spent their free time with the money they shouldn't have had. People are talking about economic depression, when some people in Ireland never even had anything in the "good times".
    I'm sure these D4 people will be the first to skip the country and go to Canada if things get really bad, too. Maybe they'll read this and decide to do it. Any excuse. I'm tired of these fake, selfish, uncaring men and women chirping on the radio. Show some solidarity, and compassion and stop blowing elegant-sounding farts out of your mouths. There are plenty of people on the radio that speak in a less escapist, more reality-geared manner, that seems to indicate they empathize or at least sympathize with listeners and their feelings. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Steer clear of Spin 103 so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to Radio. Mods, feel free to shift it elsewhere if you think it's appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

akkadian wrote: »
    "ooh, people ahnt in the ba's talking about kite soffing injuries, now they're talking about economic depression..I say.."
    (heard this or something similar on some radio show I accidentally put on. No wonder I don't listen to the radio very often)
    You do realise that was an ad for the LVA, by Dara O'Brian, a wicklow man, who lives in england...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

akkadian wrote: »

WTF is wrong with these people. I don't want to hear about the D4 parasites talking about how they spent their free time with the money they shouldn't have had. People are talking about economic depression, when some people in Ireland never even had anything in the "good times".
    I'm sure these D4 people will be the first to skip the country and go to Canada if things get really bad, too. Maybe they'll read this and decide to do it. Any excuse. I'm tired of these fake, selfish, uncaring men and women chirping on the radio. Show some solidarity, and compassion and stop blowing elegant-sounding farts out of your mouths. There are plenty of people on the radio that speak in a less escapist, more reality-geared manner, that seems to indicate they empathize or at least sympathize with listeners and their feelings. :o

I wouldn't worry too much about those D4 people with the invented accents and the pretend riches if I were you. Most of them are just a bunch of bluffers who come from ordinary backgrounds and borrowed big money from the bank to help them try and pull off an image. The likelihood is that behind the scenes they are up to their eyeballs in debt due to their big notions. Oh the joys of trying to be something that you're not. :D

PS. Their accents and their double-barrelled names aren't fooling anyone. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

OK, fill me in - what the hell does
    ahnt in the ba's talking about kite soffing injuries

mean ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Aren't in the bar talking about kite surfing injuries (according to my English/Roysh phrase book)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I much prefer "d4 heads" to complete scum bags.... they are a right pain in the ass...Actualy the worst is people living in somewhere like dalkey and pretend to be a scumbag.I know some of these.They will do stuff like steal and that,they really annoy me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

is the advert not about moobs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I know hating people from Dublin 4 is the cornerstone of many people's lives, but could you at least suggest an alternative to 'D4 accents.'

People involved in the media are quite often very middle class, etc, and often have such accents.

I'd much rather a D4 accent than some 'says I to oul Mr Brennan says I' accent, or a really thick country accent. They're not very clear, nor do they sound any better. They have their own pros and cons, but at the end of the day, they're merely accents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭GSF

Relevant wrote: »
    You do realise that was an ad for the LVA, by Dara O'Brian, a wicklow man, who lives in england...
    in a humourous ad......... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yep deffo Daire O'Brian and definitely not a D4 accent. Not to say the ad isn't annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

the ad is part of an extended ad break sponsored by the LVA to promote pubs. It starts with dara o'Brian doing a voiceover then on to a commercial for getting rid of moobs (interrupted by Dara to say that the adbreak has been cancelled and they're all off to the pub) and then on to the Settle dating agency ad (voiced by Lucy whatshername and also interrupted to go for a pint).

bad choice of D4 accent to complain about since its a: not a d4 head and b: a spoof ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

You will find most people with "D4" accents are from outside Dublin, mainly Cork and are desperate to move to Dublin 4. They only drop the accent and revert back to their own accent when they get agitated or annoyed. I have met many of these people.

Advertisement