Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Firebird Burner not starting

Options
  • 07-06-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

By Jaysus, It nevers rains but it pours. I have yet another issue to follow up last weeks water-tank issue.

The Oil-Fired burned out the back will not kick in. This was serviced in Oct08 so I'm surprised that I have problems. When you switch it on it sounds like its trying to kick in/ignite but just doesn't start. It will continue to do this but to no avail.

Before anyone asks yes there is oil in the tank.

Any ideas before I call out the chap that serviced the unit. If it was something simple I could give it a bash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Slate

Sounds like an air trapped in the system ( typically happens if you let the fuel tank run out completely and refill it.) This is normally fixed by draining the air out which usual is a matter of adjusting a small screw on the burner to force the fuel through the pipes. You will see a froth of bubbles until the air is all out and you get pure fuel running through. Adjust the screw back to its normal setting and refire the burner. Look up your manual for the burner to see where the screw is located.

Advertisement