Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Walking With Dinosaurs with the Sun (starting Sat 13th)

Options
  • 07-06-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw an ad on TV. The Sun newspaper will be giving away the entire fist series of Walking With Dinosaurs (a different one each day) this week.

https://login.live.com/ppsecure/sha1auth.srf?lc=6153

Unfortunately I've missed Saturday's one, the making of the stage show (ironically the only one I don't have). :(
    Still you should be able to get the entire first series starting tomorrow (I believe you can also send away for Walking With Beasts) plus free posters! :D

Good hunting friends!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not so much as a mention in today's Sun. Must be a UK only offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Not so much as a mention in today's Sun. Must be a UK only offer :(

thats just not fair! :mad:

Nothing in today's Sun either. Glad I didn't pay for it. :mad:

yet again the s*n is shown as the lying rag it is!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just checked as I am in Brummie this week, I see it in the UK edition today alright, pity I didn't see this thread till today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Ahh 'The Sun'... the last bastion of independent scientific enquiry and factual, reliable, research lead journalism.

I particularly enjoyed reading their head line in todays edition about the Air France plane crash. Fantastically written with truth and honesty at its core.

I wouldn't buy it even if they were giving away real dinosaurs.

(but thats just me)

just saw the add....the irish sun are giving away the dvds every day NEXT WEEK starting this saturday!

just saw the add....the irish sun are giving away the dvds every day NEXT WEEK starting this saturday!

Better late than never.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Better late than never.

hey its free so we cant complain.....ok well its not "free" a oyu have ot buy the sun but thats only 50c or something now isnt it? so 50c dinosaur dvd is pretty cool!

Think its about 80-90c now, still great value for the DVD alone.
    Of course I already have Walking With Dinosaurs on DVD (cost about €20 back in the day!), but always good to have aspare set to give the nephew when he gets a bit older.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Thanks for the heads up, I shall certainly go and buy The Sun tomorrow! (hopefully nobody I know will see me with it)

However the 17th is a Wednesday, you may want to change the thread title because it could confuse people

Must have been a typo. Thread title changed.

There was none yesterday as far as im aware (no Sun on Sunday? Damn irony). Weird that they started with episode one. In England they started with a sneak peek of the live show dvd on the saturday and then went on to do the episodes the following week. I really hope we arent missing out on the live DVD (it's the only one I dont actually have!).
    So i'm guessing it's episode 2 today. I'll pick it up in work.

Oh and the 'poster' on Saturday was quite pathetic. It was just a newspaper sheet with some info on T.rex.
    Also I'm concerned that we wont be getting the Walking With Beasts offer here. There was no mention of it on Saturday.

Yeah so reading today's Sun. No free DVD par sé. You get a token which you need to redeem in Super-Valu, but get this: You must purchase the Sun in Super Valu to redeem it AND you have to collect it on the same day the token is published. In other words you have to go to Super Valu every day in order to get your DVDs.
    They will be doing Walking With Beasts next week, but damned if I'm going out of my way to go to Super Valu every day for the next 2 weeks.
    That wasn't part of the deal... :mad:

Advertisement