Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer C&C

• 07-06-2009 6:55pm

I heard shouting from the pitches today so I headed down. Turns out there was a charity soccer match on. Really nice pro photographer lent me a proper 70-200 lens and the organisers didn't have a problem with me sitting on the side line. I messed up as I shot too slow and I let some shots get overexposed. Was a good experience and worth the burning pain in the my arms from hefting that massive lens!

All C&C welcome, the full set is here.

1. 3604443532_68412a829c.jpg?v=0

2. 3604432866_9447972d43.jpg?v=0

3. 3604433580_17564214f2.jpg?v=0

4. 3604440270_5d2d5fd211.jpg?v=0

5. 3604437662_9caa4bee0e.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

As you said the SS is a bit slow, I do very much like the action and style of the shots though.

As you said the SS is a bit slow, I do very much like the action and style of the shots though.

My fault! I've never done action shots before and if I get the chance again I shouldn't make the same mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Some good shots there. I especially like the last two images.

A good learning experience for you.

Do you shoot with autofocus set on the servo or set for one shot?

The guy today didn't use the servo as he said its messed it up for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Always shoot with AI Servo on. Nice shots for your first attempt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd always use AI Servo, and have the centre focus point only enabled.

One Shot focus would tend to give you lots of blurred images.

Paulw wrote: »
    I'd always use AI Servo, and have the centre focus point only enabled.

Thats what I was using yesterday.
    Interestingly the other guy said not to trust the servo.

I have not tried a footy match yet, where you were looked ideal for starting.
    I so wanted to do Cricket this year but every time I've being available the game has been washed out due to the weather.

I have not tried a footy match yet, where you were looked ideal for starting.
    I so wanted to do Cricket this year but every time I've being available the game has been washed out due to the weather.

I was about a third of a way in from the corner flag. It seemed the teams were avoiding that part of the pitch though!

I meant that level of football.

• Advertisement

I meant that level of football.

It was some charity match and also the final of some University League.

There are matches in Trinity and UCD often enough and I know you can sit on the sidelines for the TCD ones. Same for the rugby and the cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

1. I would have a higher shutter speed (SS) to get the ball sharp.
    2. This is a great shot, Again hands and feet are a little off, higher (SS)
    3. Spot on!
    4. Good action! Needs higher (SS)
    5. Fantastic! Needs higher (SS)

Good shots!

Advertisement