Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're Hired: The Apprentice: BBC 1 @ 9

Options
  • 07-06-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Yes the final is on tonight.

So it between Yasmina and Kate.

Who will be the Next Apprentice?

You're Hired? 16 votes

Kate
    0% 0 votes
    Yasmina
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Very hard to call...

I like Yasminas savvy, be she has one sour face.

Kate is boring and safe but she is more aesthetically pleasing!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Kate seems to be off to a more focused start

Both their ideas are terrible...Yasminas more so.

The 'intimate' chocolates looked like a box of condoms!

That Phillip lad is a tool!!!!

Yasmina pulled it out of the bag on the presentation!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

She did but the flavours were awful from the peoples reactions.

Still not absolutely sure who'll get it!!

Kate may have just shot herself in the foot.

She just spouted a whole barrel of business speak...very unimpressive.

I really hope she gets it though.

• Advertisement

G'wan Yasmina!!!

OH jesus!
    :(

Meh, a very underwhelming final.

There wasnt alot between the two...ah well, see ya'll next year :)

Something just didn't sit right with me about that Kate one. She just seemed too prim and proper. Nobody can be that perfect and seemingly emotionless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

I was sure Kate was getting hired, fairly surprised about Yasmina.
    Btw anybody know the name of this piano tune that was played during the episode? Its a common tune but I haven't a clue what its called

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Meh, a very underwhelming final.

There wasnt alot between the two...ah well, see ya'll next year :)
    but they were two excellent candidates, the lack of fireworks is mostly because they appear to have integrity and didn't try to win by assasination

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

Ah sugar I forgot this nooooooooooooo is it repeated does anyone know?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Underwhelming indeed but a good series overall, James being the star really :)

Btw, has Yasmina had a boob job or what?!! *shock*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Very good final but I think Sugar made the right choice in the end. Kate was good but Yasmina had something special about her - she has more character, firepower and ambition to succeed than Kate has.. Sugar often makes the wrong choice in the final (like picking Lee over Claire last year) but he got it right this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thought kate would win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Reminded me when i was watching the last final night; i remembered reading that Sugar actually employs both finalists for 6 months before making his choice.

So Kate being the obvious choice after the tasks may not have worked out as well when in the in job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I liked Kate all along but I suspected she got favourite treatment at times. Sugar never lectured her and she had easy interviews. Maybe he had nothing to lecture her about..maybe her interviewers could find nothing to catch her out on...I don't know but I'd have liked to see her facing a really hard challenge or had a disaster to deal with to see how she'd cope, she did well on the cereal task but it wasn't one of the more difficult ones and the whole team worked well together.
    She was more likeable than Yasmina I think, however I did feel at times Yasmina was the only one who I could see in a head to head row with Debra and getting the better of her so I wanted her to last in case Debra survived 'til the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ann22 wrote: »
    I liked Kate all along but I suspected she got favourite treatment at times. Sugar never lectured her and she had easy interviews.
    Not sure about this. I think Kate's main strength is that she was unflappable. You could throw anything at her, and she wouldn't be phased. She just dealt with the interviews better than the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

quarryman wrote: »
    Reminded me when i was watching the last final night; i remembered reading that Sugar actually employs both finalists for 6 months before making his choice.

So Kate being the obvious choice after the tasks may not have worked out as well when in the in job.
    They record 2 endings and Sugar really only decides days before transmission which one he chooses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I feckin forgot :rolleyes: I just got to see the end of You're Fired.

I think he pick the right person. When is the main show repeated?

Elmo wrote: »
    I feckin forgot :rolleyes: I just got to see the end of You're Fired.

I think he pick the right person. When is the main show repeated?
    GAME SHOW: The Apprentice
    On: BBC 2 Northern Ireland (Digital) (142)
    Date: Tuesday 9th June 2009 (starting tomorrow morning)
    Time: 00:20 to 01:20 (1 hour long)

Reality series. After 11 gruelling weeks, it is time for Sir Alan Sugar to finally choose his next Apprentice. The two finalists have just three days to create and brand a new box of chocolates with original flavours before launching them to an audience of industry experts. Some of this year's fired candidates return to help out, but who will be left with a bitter taste in their mouth, and who will enjoy the sweet taste of success when Sir Alan finally says: 'You're hired'?
    (Stereo, Repeat, Widescreen, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=242710

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    GAME SHOW: The Apprentice: You're Hired
    On: BBC 2 Northern Ireland (Digital) (142)
    Date: Wednesday 10th June 2009 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 00:20 to 01:20 (1 hour long)

After twelve weeks, Sir Alan's search has come to an end, and he has found his apprentice. Adrian Chiles hears from the winner, the runner-up and the boss himself as they look back over the job interview from hell. Jonathan Ross, Ruby Wax and bra millionaire Michelle Mone are on hand to congratulate the winner, and to meet the runner-up who came so close to the top job. All of the fired candidates return, along with Sir Alan's trusted advisors Nick and Margaret, for this hour-long special.
    (Stereo, Repeat, Widescreen, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=242710

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    There you go. It is on tonight.

thanks. feck its on during 24 :(

Starts in less than 12 hours time.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭unichick

Did anyone notice Lee McQueen in the audience with a big sour puss on him? They never even spoke to him. He must know his 5 mins of fame are up. Didn't like either of them but glad Kate didn't get it handed to her. And what is she doing with that Philip. What an idiot.

• Advertisement

unichick wrote: »
    Did anyone notice Lee McQueen in the audience with a big sour puss on him?

Who?

Advertisement