Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do higher level, when you can do foundatin?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No dispraxia and dilexia can be really serious in some cases. i agree about some of them being an excuse but ther are people who genuilny cant help it! My cousin has really bad dispraxia and cant do home ec for her jc because of it!

I wasn't saying they're not, I have dyspraxia to a relatively serious extent; doesn't mean as Halla claims that I'm of lower intelligence. The problem is that in Ireland there are some educational psychologists who are willing to slap the dyslexia label on any kid who can't spell properly at the age of 8...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Freeze952

Whats a troll? Like a fake? is this eeemmm Kevin?

A troll is a fake, just having a laugh. And no it's not Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Mialuvzfun!

MYOB wrote: »
    I wasn't saying they're not, I have dyspraxia to a relatively serious extent; doesn't mean as Halla claims that I'm of lower intelligence. The problem is that in Ireland there are some educational psychologists who are willing to slap the dyslexia label on any kid who can't spell properly at the age of 8...
    Oh ok i get you. Of cousre Your not, thats rediculus! my cousin who has it is really really good at school!

Freeze952 wrote: »
    A troll is a fake, just having a laugh. And no it's not Kevin.
    k.. who is it? Do i even No u?

its gary!!!!!! its the kind of loser thing you'd do!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

And don't forget his partner-in-crime, Owen! Glad to make your acquaintance!

its gary!!!!!! its the kind of loser thing you'd do!! haha

Ah, well done! Thanks for participating ;)

Do you all want to come back to my place?

And don't forget his partner-in-crime, Owen! Glad to make your acquaintance!
    Owne mc noughten?? I talked to u on msn once!!i thought u wer coool I hate u now :(

Ah, well done! Thanks for participating ;)
    Hate You ur gettin killed!!! wait til i see you next im house bound til after the junior cert but then ur dead lol

• Advertisement

Oh thanks. Why don't you give them my home address so they'll have no trouble in violating me at all.

And why don't you think I'm kewl? I'm still kewl!

Owne mc noughten?? I talked to u on msn once!!i thought u wer coool I hate u now :(

Woah Maria, It was all just fun and I know you love fun!

Oh thanks. Why don't you give them my home address so they'll have no trouble in violating me at all.

And why don't you think I'm kewl? I'm still kewl!
    No ur not i was gettin so worked up u were being really mean :( who was the other person giving abuse?

Dead!!!

It's all part of the act, babe.

Dead!!!

Hey I never gave abuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

mle1324 wrote: »
    LOL,this question is so simple to answer.

The reason why people pick to do the higher level is because it reflects on you in the future,like i'll give you an example: if i was a employing somebody to work for an airline to fly a plane (and as you know you need good maths to be a pilot so anyway) i interview two people but there is only one place and i ask person No.1 what did you get in your JC maths? and he says A in foundation level and i ask person No.2 and he tells me that he got a C in higher level,straight away i will give the job to person No.2 because he would be better as he did better in his tests even thought he go a C.

I have my doubts that your jc results will ever be looked at for any career choice :pac:
    And to answer your question ; Higher level in some subjects is mandatory to get certain courses in college. Each honours subject is worth 100 points in lc, 60 in OL and 20 in Foundation. Doing foundation in everything is useless and ordinary maths(Think english and irish follow same rule) is required for most colleges. Doing honours is not to look "smarter"!
    CSPE is exceptionally easy from what I recall and fairly useful at times for understanding even the current economic climate. It doesn't need much study. Get a revision book if your having that much trouble and watch the news etc..
    To the poster who said that Dyspraxia and Dyslexia are false conditions; you're entirely misinformed. Theres plenty of research that will prove you wrong. Though I would agree that there probably is alot of people that claim to have it but don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Get a room....

:rolleyes:

It's all part of the act, babe.
    dnt push it :mad: but whos ijhl or something??

Get a room....

:rolleyes:
    Oh god!! I have to let every one know that i have never touched freeze952(gary delany, ** Kilarny park, bray, co wicklow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Dyslexia is just an excuse for people of lower intelligence. Like you.

Oh, come on. You've just severely devalued your input into this discussion.

That aside, OP's question is a bit silly. There's merit in challenging yourself, for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Oh god!! I have to let every one know that i have never touched freeze952(gary delany, ** Kilarny park, bray, co wicklow)
    Too bad you left your bedroom window open last night because he touched you......

I see an awkward conversation between you both tomorrow followed by some *ahem* *quality time* behind a tree.

P.s. If you need a good excuse just say your studying for CSPE

Too bad you left your bedroom window open last night because he touched you......

I see an awkward conversation between you both tomorrow followed by some *ahem* *quality time* behind a tree.

P.s. If you need a good excuse just say your studying for CSPE
    Ewewewewewewewew i closed my window!! Gary/freeze952 keep your chode away from me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah, exactly! Grow up, you RETARD

What the HELL is wrong with you?

Wtf? You need to chill out, you can come back in three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jesus Christ, even the people on the LC board aren't as highly strong as you lot. Chill out. I'm locking this thread by the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement