Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karen Millen Dress. . .Sizing!

• 07-06-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, I would really appreciate any help ppl can give me about a dress! I have seen a stunning Karen Millen Dress Online, but I'm a size 10-12 in most dresses and they only have this one in a size 14. . .. does anybody know if Karen Millen dresses are small-fitting, as I know lots of designer dresses can be? All advice is greatly appreciated, as I neeeeed!!! this dress for a wedding in a few weeks!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

KM dresses are seriously unpredictable. I know i saw something online (it was either on the KM website or on an eBay seller's site) that gave the exact measurements of her sizes, but I am a very standard size 8, and of the last two Karen Millen dresses I tried in an 8, one was more like a six (wouldn't zip up) and the other was like a 10 or even 12 (was supposed to be tight because of stretchy material but I had about 2 inches to spare around the waist). Which dress are you looking at? Might be able to help more if you can provide a link or some more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

agreed, a bit all over the shop, but they do tend to be tight on the bust and loose on the waist as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I'm a size 12 and do tend to be a size 12 there but not everything fits. I love Karen Millen but only buy stuff on sale, they are pretty expensive! Have nabbed myself some good bargains that way :)
    I find Coast to be horrific, nothing fits, Size 14's don't even fit and ones that do are really unflattering. Jane Norman is another one, sthe sizes are teeny tiny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I take a size 6-8 in most clothes but with Karen Millen I am everything from a size 8 (which was too big but I got it in a sale) to a size 12, it just depends - could you try the dress over here first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I find them too tight in the bust and too loose in the waist & hips so can never wear them. If you're small with big boobs then they won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondePrincess

cool, i've a smaller bust and larger hips, like i'd be a 10 on top and 12 on bottom, so a 12 would be good, though i can't try it on cos it's online and by the time it comes out, i can't send it back, as i need it for a wedding which is fast approaching!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Could you get into the Karen Millen store on Grafton Street to try it on before purchasing by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dragonsue

normally I buy it bigger, always pay a bit for resizing, BUT!!! It is very difficult to find the dress that you like!.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

Would there be any point in buying it anyway and having it fitted? Or would end up being too costly? just a suggestion.

Advertisement