Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best travel route

• 07-06-2009 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am planning a 6 months travel trip.I hope to take in South East Asia and South America. What is the best route to take,where to start where to finish etc? Can any body recommend any 'most sees' along the way.Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Impossible to say. Do some research on countries/sites you'd like to visit and then come back with some questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Breadmonkey is right. It depends what you are looking for.
    A popular route through SE Asia is to start from Bangkok, head to Cambodia, then into the south of Vietnam, work your way up north and visit Laos last. Alternatively, start in northern Vietnam, go south, then Cambodia, Laos and finish in Thailand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I am planning a 6 months travel trip.I hope to take in South East Asia and South America. What is the best route to take,where to start where to finish etc? Can any body recommend any 'most sees' along the way.Cheers
    Just a reminder that the seasons are reversed south of the equator, cause it can be terribly cold and stormy in Terra del Fuego Argentina when summer in Ireland. If you don't rush about like a silly tourist, and stay awhile to savour the people and their environment, you could easily spend 3 months of your six in SA. Just a few things that come to mind:
    • Horseback ride the Argentine pampas
    • Learn to tango with a HOT date in Buenos Aires
    • Go wine tasting in Chile's Maipu and Colchagua Valleys
    • Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, check out the topless beaches, and learn to dance the samba
    • Cruise down the Amazon from Manaus to Belem
    • Hike the trail to Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas in Peru
    • Sail to the Galapagos Islands and check out the strange animals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 globe trotter29

Hi thanks for the advice they all sound like good things to do.Thinking of going South America in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Sh1t you could spend all of your time in either of the continents. SEA is small in comparison to SA and you can get around and see more quicker. But don't rush SA and try be too ambtious. Pick like 3 countries and see them properly. I just finished my second trip of South America and this time around i spent a year there. Last time it was 9 months. And there is still stuff i wanna see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement