Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Techno 2009

Options
  • 07-06-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

As far as I can see, there's nothing on here about ILT this year so I thought I'd start one off. I'm planning on going this year for my first time, and I have a question or two for previous attendents (one's that I didn't see answered on last year's thread). First off, what's the story with tickets? Are they not out yet, or are they sold out or what? 'Cos the only place online I can find says they're €150! Which can't be right...And secondly, how easy/dodgy is it to source em...stimulants...once you're there? 'Cos I'm planning to fly straight to Brussels, not Amsterdam, and I don't really wanna risk it through customs...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I'm going for my first time this year too, but a mate of mine went last year.

Tickets aren't on sale for another while, not sure when exactly. They'll only cost around €40 or €45. And my mate had no problems with sourcing 'stimulants', so you should be fine :)

Deadmau5 is first confirmed act btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Excellent on the vitamin front, I wasn't too concerned, as I'm guessing it's gonna be the more or less the equivalent of the Cannabis Cup!
    Yea I saw they were €40 odd last year, but then I saw this http://www.worldticketshop.com/dance_and_electronic/i_love_techno_tickets/33921_i_love_techno_gent. Must be some kinda scam....
    Deadmau5? Suppose he was always gonna play wasn't he, where's he confirmed?

Excellent on the vitamin front, I wasn't too concerned, as I'm guessing it's gonna be the more or less the equivalent of the Cannabis Cup!
    Yea I saw they were €40 odd last year, but then I saw this http://www.worldticketshop.com/dance_and_electronic/i_love_techno_tickets/33921_i_love_techno_gent. Must be some kinda scam....
    Deadmau5? Suppose he was always gonna play wasn't he, where's he confirmed?
    Yeah at €150 a ticket I wouldn't trust it at all.

Deadmau5 is confirmed on his myspace.

Any idea when the rest of the lineup usually comes out?

Some time in August I think. They might announce it a bit earlier this year because it's on a few weeks earlier than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

deadmau5, WTF, the cvnt with the mouse head, wouldnt be surprised if they announce tiesto in concert aswell, really wish they'd change the name of this event, very mis-leading

Well in fairness, techno pretty much covers near enough all genres of dance that you find there...it's gonna get a bit complicated if you have to change it every year to suit the acts that are playing ;) and "I Love Tech-house, Electro and Minimal, Along With Many Other Sub-Genres Of Dance Music" doesn't really have the same ring to it...

they can just take the reference to techno out of it, take any reference to genre's out of it, completely rename it as it is not the same festival as it was

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

It's been I Love Electro for years, tickets are 40 bucks, there's plenty of drugs there but there's a bucket load of local drug squad too with dogs and plenty of patting down. Once you're in though you wouldn't even know there's security, deadly vibe.

theres been fvck all electro at it for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

brianc27 wrote: »
    theres been fvck all electro at it for years

lulz bro, jog along there please

name me some electro acts that have played at it the last 3 or 4 years, coz theres been fvck all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Justice, Crookers, Busy P, Boys Noize & Brondinski and likes are who I'd say he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

people really need to learn the difference between electro and electro house.
    there has been essentially no electro at ILT for the last few years.

the festival and lineup seems to get progressively worse each year. hopefully it's not another nu-rave/electro-house/dance-punk wankfest, but it probably will be.
    pretty badly run event overall, but a good session.

Justice, Crookers, Busy P, Boys Noize & Brondinski and likes are who I'd say he's talking about.

thought as much, those acts are not electro though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Deadmaus comfirmed as the first act?? FFS. 2 unlimited have more to do with techno than that tw@. Thats the equivalent of Maddona playing glastonbury, look how that went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

personally I feel it's way too commercial now. Not what techno is about imo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's what happens to almost all festivals. They start out all cool and small and only the people why are really into it go - then they bring their firneds the enxt year and the promoters need to make more money - so they get some headline/cheesey acts in to pull more crowds and so on and so fourth.

Electric Picnic used to be an Electronic Music Festival - now look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Luke Creed

brianc27 wrote: »
    deadmau5, WTF, the cvnt with the mouse head, wouldnt be surprised if they announce tiesto in concert aswell, really wish they'd change the name of this event, very mis-leading

He is a dope, He playing ILT and he thinks all dj's are "Cvnts"?? i
    wouldn't give the lad the steam off my piss never mind a gig.
    SRFC90 wrote: »

Justice and Crookers are Pop Dance (or something) imo. Nowhere near electro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

people really need to learn the difference between electro and electro house.

this, this, and this thrice more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Without wanting to offend anyone, I personally feel that people getting bogged down in genre definition is destroying their enjoyment of the music. just because someone doesn't know their electro from their electro pop or their electro from their electro clash or tech house from acid house, doesn't mean that they can't go and enjoy a gig none the less.

I do agree that with 'techno' in the title is a bit misleading, but as far as i remember, the likes of Robert hood and such have played their recently.

But who gives a flip anyway ? :confused:

If you don't like it, go to Russia.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Zascar wrote: »

Electric Picnic used to be an Electronic Music Festival - now look at it.

when was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ep was never an electronic music festival, or anything even resembling it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Why not change this festival's name to I love cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Awakenings are probably the last decent techno promoters left....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Luke Creed

Fieldog wrote: »
    Awakenings are probably the last decent techno promoters left....

x2
    Also that Maximal Festival in Italy looked good.
    Jay D wrote: »
    Why not change this festival's name to I love cheese?

I love cheese and boring Minimal! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

hi , i was there last year & we stayed in amsterdam & we got the train to ghent for the event . the train is only about 3hrs so if stayin in brussels i would say it is well worth a trip to ammydam & you can source all the " stimulants " you want there . i plan on stayin in brussels myself this year so that is what i will be doing .. i dont know how easy it is to get stuff in ghent or inside the event as i had no need to look last year .. you can but tickets off the official i love techno website soon enough for only around 50\60 euro's i think .. i left it too late last year & had to organize my tickets off some guy in ghent thru facebook & altho it all went well i ended up payin 120 a ticket which i wont be doin this year !!

First names announced:

Dave Clarke, Boys Noize, Deadmau5 live
    The Bloody Beetroots, Laurent Garnier live
    Simian Mobile Disco live, Chris Liebing, The Proxy live
    Fake Blood, Buraka Som Sistema live, Speedy J, Surkin
    Don Rimini, Johnny D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Whats the story with some having (live) beside their names!!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Is it something to do with mixing all the samples and beats live rather then just throwing in a cd with a track on it...? I dunno, just speculating!

Advertisement