Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to stay in newtownmountkennedy!

Options
  • 07-06-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi there...

Need some help finding somewhere "reasonable" to stay..going to a wedding in the Marriot in Newtownmountkennedy and can't afford the hotel costs: can anyone suggest somewhere? I don't drive but could have access to a lift..

A b+b (there are a few mentioned in the wedding invite but i reckon they are full) or ideally a hostel would be super!!

Please help! it's on Saturday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hi theres a hotel in newtownmoutkennedy its self cant think of the name off the top of my head..i think its the park...or bray would be about 20euro in a taxi theres alot of hotels and b+bs there

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

The Parkview Hotel is the name of the hotel in Newtown.
    If you can't afford this you could try a b&b in Greystones or Newtown go to the Irish Tourism board you should be able to google it and should find somewhere there
    HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

You could try Sli Na Banda - it's quite a cool little retreat place in Newtown Mt Kennedy. I'm pretty sure they do B&B when they don't have yoga/meditation groups booked in. 01-2819990 - the owner's name is Marlene

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks folks, the hotel is way out of my budget and a lot of the b and bs are booked out already :( Is that one you mentioned climategirl far away? I'm clueless with distances etc as have never been..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

Thanks folks, the hotel is way out of my budget and a lot of the b and bs are booked out already :( Is that one you mentioned climategirl far away? I'm clueless with distances etc as have never been..

Hi Lady Pennyworth.

Sli Na Banda is just up from the church in Newtown - about a mile and a half up the hill. See the accommodation and "getting there" links on the left side of their page:
    http://www.slinabande.com/

It's not really a B&B per say, but if she had room availability, I imagine she'd let you stay. The owner is really easy going, and its a fantastic property.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Unfortunately everything else is booked out, as in ALL the guesthouses and i can't afford 170 per night in a hotel...so still appreciating suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thanks! Unfortunately everything else is booked out, as in ALL the guesthouses and i can't afford 170 per night in a hotel...so still appreciating suggestions!

Just looked at Park Hotel's website and it does not cost €170 per night. depending what day of the week you're staying it varies from €60-80 inc breakfast, which is good value.

You can check availability here: http://www.parkviewhotel.ie/

Sorry, meant the hotel where the weddings on! the parkview only have exec rooms at the mo and that's 130 which is very good, but I got a guesthouse for 70 so sorted Thanks anyway got sorted. Thanks :)

Advertisement