Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local election.

Options
  • 07-06-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

I've been straining me ears all day listening to Radio 3 for election results to no avail. I visited the council website just to see if there was anything on there and boy was I impressed. Well done to whoever is putting up the count results, there's foties and everything. I've been trying to find the same info on Dublin city council site but not having any luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

FF vote in Offaly actually up on 2004 http://www.rte.ie/news/elections/local/a24.html

What the hell is wrong with some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well I can only comment on my own area but it really seems to be the individuals involved. John Foley and Noel Burke really were the two stand out candidates from the Edenderry area, and it just happens that they are both Fianna Fail. I don't think there is much chance for FF in the next general election, but certainly on a local level they seem to be doing the job in Offaly.

Disclaimer: Personally I'm much more afraid of the fact that FG have more interest in discrediting FF than naming their own policies, so would hate to see them in power, even thought it seems a certainty at this stage

Advertisement