Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**** THQ in the ass

• 07-06-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

Got the new UFC game on release day, went crazy playing career mode, completed my first fighter in a day and went on to make around 6 other fighters.Usually I make the mistake of diving straight into live gaming and ruin my stats cause I'm unfamiliar with the game so I decided this time I'd wait till I got really good and then go online and hopefully do alright.I heard as well that there was also a really bad lag problem so I decided to wait till the issue was fixed, as this was one of the reasons I stopped playing GOW2.
    Anyway I wait abit and then go online and almost every win I get is ruined or lost by assholes leaving and making the match invalid and every 2nd game is still ruined by bad lag.On the official site there is nothing but customers complaining about the same thing and not even one official reply from THQ, a couple of people calim they were in contact with them and the issue will be resolved but there is still no official news.So today I turned it on for a bit, played 10 games and 10 times in a row I win only to have the ***** quit on me at the last minute.
    I am sick of this ****e and would highly recommend anyone who hasn't got this game yet to avoid it like the plague, while the game is decent enough the career mode is way to short and the exhibition mode is pointless , so the only real replay value is online, which is a joke and from other reports I read will never be fixed as THQ have done the same with ther games showing that they don't care about existing customers.I will never buy another THQ game again and feel highly cheated.At least on GOW the developers listened to the fans complaints and always made an effort to improve the online aspect of the game despite no dedicated servers.Needless to say **** THQ IN THE ASS.
    Rant over ....will be back to old faithful GOW2 if anyone is up for a few games soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

People quit on you so now you want to have anal sex with THQ?

Phsyco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    People quit on you so now you want to have anal sex with THQ?
    LOL, why not?I've done it for worse reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

People quitting early is nothing new, just play with people you know. That's what I do in FIFA these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

creggy wrote: »
    People quitting early is nothing new, just play with people you know. That's what I do in FIFA these days.

The problem is they don't quit early. They wait until they either get KO'd or submited then quit before the stats are recorded.

It's very annoying. There's meant to be an update released on the 13th (rumour). I just avoid the quitters, you can usually tell when they're 100 wins and less than 10 losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Xbox Live Lesson 1: Never ever foevah nevah play ranked matches because people will cheat to get on top of a leaderboard that gets them nothing. They think they are now winners at something when in fact they fail at gaming and at life.

There is no further lessons for playing on Xbox Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sorry for your troubles but can I ask the question, when have THQ ever created anything more than a steaming pile of crap?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They have their moments. Saints Row 2 is a load of fun and the new UFC game is surprisingly great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I've pretty much given up on ranked matches for the time being. The disconnections were just getting far too bad. Currently I'm at 48-45 in ranked matches but I should be somewhere around 70-45. From what I have heard THQ are working on a patch, mainly because of the ammount of complaints they've recieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

duploelabs wrote: »
    Sorry for your troubles but can I ask the question, when have THQ ever created anything more than a steaming pile of crap?

Eh...

Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64.

Jeez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

duploelabs wrote: »

I take your comment..and slap your firmly in the face with

company_of_heroes_opposing_forces.jpg

Also they made the Smackdown games for the Playstation/2 which popularised that gametype!

So ..to quote the good ol Rock
    "Know your role !! and shut your mouth !" :P

Seriously though...COH, Supreme Commander, DOW2: 40k....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Id agree stay away from Ranked matches, same in Halo with 2nd acc'ers you think your playing a fair match but in reality your taking on a general wearing a gunnery sergeant uniform.

Spose that's not technically cheating but its still very annoying.

Also THQ have had some great games and besides the LAG issues UFC is getting good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah and screw EA sports, infinity ward, treyarch and the rest of those pesky game companies!

seriously though, what do stats get you in real life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Ugh Company of Heroes is a complete pile of muck, it makes little or no sense. Tanks cant drive through small bushes (only flail tanks can move through small hedges,60 ton tiger tanks are next to useless), flamethrower troops seem to be the greatest unit of all time. It cant hold a torch to Faces of war which despite being quite buggy is still far better. But I do agree with the rest of your post though :)

If this was the strategy forum and I was mod there, you would be banned for this :D

COH is awesome

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah and screw EA sports, infinity ward, treyarch and the rest of those pesky game companies!

seriously though, what do stats get you in real life?

A larger E-Penis to show off to all the men pretending to be girlies on the interweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Eh...

Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64.

Jeez...

Eh, No Mercy is infinitely better. Best sports game ever IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

what about saints row 2 play single player for about 12 hours and get 135gp come on how bad for 12 hours game play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

what about saints row 2 play single player for about 12 hours and get 135gp come on how bad for 12 hours game play

Of course, because the purpose of games is to earn gamerscore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no better wrestling game than Fire Pro Wrestling S: 6 man scramble on the saturn. Those N64 games are just pretenders to the crown. Nobody does wrestling like Suda 51.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,329 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Of course, because the purpose of games is to earn gamerscore.

obviously :rolleyes: what else is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nobody does wrestling like Suda 51.

You said it...
    image319.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Eh, No Mercy is infinitely better.

I remember buying an N64 just to play No Mercy... it was the only game I had. The quitting on UFC is annoying, but I just play player matches. Don't have to worry about my record, and don't have people quitting, so just playing for the craic basically... Win, win.

The only other thing that annoys me apart from quitting is if you choose to fight in Welterweight, everyone picks GSP. I had 4 fights in a row vs GSP then the next 12 guys picked him too. That's 16 people in a row.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I remember buying an N64 just to play No Mercy... it was the only game I had. The quitting on UFC is annoying, but I just play player matches. Don't have to worry about my record, and don't have people quitting, so just playing for the craic basically... Win, win.

The only other thing that annoys me apart from quitting is if you choose to fight in Welterweight, everyone picks GSP. I had 4 fights in a row vs GSP then the next 12 guys picked him too. That's 16 people in a row.

Mehh....

Have you ever played Street Fighter 4 ?
    You won't find 16in a row too bad once you see the Ken Fest!! :P..though sayin that its not as bad as it once was. Other ppl pick sagat/ryu and akuma too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Have you ever played Street Fighter 4 ?
    No.. I'll pick it up for half nothing in a couple of months when there are loads of them available for half nothing.... or maybe I won't now after reading that! :D

Anyways, I'd say UFC will keep me entertained for quite a while yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's no better wrestling game than Fire Pro Wrestling <<schnipppp>>.

My copy of King Of Coliseum II says otherwise. :D
    Complete with japo commentary! Sheer awesomeness. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Back on topic for a second

http://community.ufcundisputed.com/

YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111eleven!!oneoneone

Advertisement