Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing Floor

Options
  • 07-06-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Well the guys who brought us Red Orchestra have gone and released another well polish UT mod into a full scale game (whatever your take on that may be). For 17 quid on steam it's a bargain. I played a hour or so tonight and man it's intense. The gun mechanics are just sublime in fact they are probably the best feeling guns i have experinced in a long while, when you have a shotgun you can feel the kick and when you have dual Deagles it feels like your shoulders are about to fall off. You can just feel the power! Maps are pretty big and with the ability to weld doors shoot it gives a strategic element to the game.

Other features include
    The game features:

Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens

* Solo game mode for offline play
    * Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo “ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
    * 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
    * 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower
    * Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
    * Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
    * Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
    * Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight – or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
    * Full support for Steamworks features, including Steam Achievements and Friends
    * Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
    * Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods

Anyone else been playing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

I have been pretty tempted to get this game but I think that I'm going to hold out a little bit longer to see if I can get it cheaper on a weekend deal with steam.

None of my steam friends have the game so I think that'll keep me waiting for a while. That's why I'm a bit dubious about the single player aspect. I assume it's you and a few A.I. having a good shooting meander about the place? I guess I'm just worried about terrible A.I ruining the game and costing me €18.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Was doing some testing on this game pre-release, and I enjoyed it . . . although I haven't had the time to play much lately.

I would certainly advise players to give it a go - hopefully a free weekend will be offered soon.:)

Looks like Tripwire will be supporting the game with content for quite some time . . . and then we have Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad to look forward to!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I have been pretty tempted to get this game but I think that I'm going to hold out a little bit longer to see if I can get it cheaper on a weekend deal with steam.

None of my steam friends have the game so I think that'll keep me waiting for a while. That's why I'm a bit dubious about the single player aspect. I assume it's you and a few A.I. having a good shooting meander about the place? I guess I'm just worried about terrible A.I ruining the game and costing me €18.

There is no single player with bots as of yet but it has been suggested to Tripwire to implement it. Multiplayer is were it's at though most servers will have good cooperative players who will work together especially on the higher difficulties or else you won't last wave 3! 17 quid i say it ll come down to possibly 15 quid given that's what RQ is at.

Im just glad they released SDK straight away and that there are now loads of custom maps ready available and they have said that they are releasing new content for the next patch.

Advertisement