Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

further probability

Options
  • 07-06-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

This is probably (pun) stupid of me but iv decided i just cant do groups (yes, the night before, i know), so does anyone know anywhere online i can learn further probability? Preferably in 3 hours or so :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Wiki? Oh and if you have edco exam papers, the show you how to do the questions and they give the formulae and stuff on their online answers site. They had it anyway for ellipses...

Though is it really a good idea to do a new question now though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

well in fairness id basically be starting a new question with groups and at least further probability is somewhat familiar to me. Thanks too, ill try those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭platypus

Its a bit mad starting a new topic,but if you are going to use the marking schemes on examinations.ie, there should be loads on the net on most of the topics, you need to look for Normal Distribution, Binomial distribution,sampling theory Hypothesis testing and 95% confidence intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Try further calculus!Itll be in one of your books, and a good lot of it is handy enough to get decent marks in, would be much easier than trying to find notes on probability at this stage imo

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

You should have a look at the maths videos on You Tube, I found some of them useful for certain topics!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

I didn't like the further calculus question but I thought I was stuck doing it due to not being able to find notes on further probability.
    I was discussing this with my brother who done the Leaving Cert a few years ago and he told me there was notes in his old maths book on it.

I took out the book and studied the chapter over the last day and a half and now I'm confident of picking up very good marks in that section.

The book is an old version of texts and tests 5. You might have it lying around somewhere if one of your older siblings done higher level maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Dubs wrote: »
    This is probably (pun) stupid of me but iv decided i just cant do groups (yes, the night before, i know), so does anyone know anywhere online i can learn further probability? Preferably in 3 hours or so :D

more or less on the same boat as you. But I done it before, back in early November. I never do well on this question. Im getting up at 5am and going over it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I'm doing futher prob.
    It's fairly handy if you're good at probability, and I'd say you could do it in 3 hours.

Please god let me get 150 marks off probability alone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Further probability also incorporates statistics.

I would strongly recommend you go back over Groups, you've got to have a better chance doing that question, unless you literally never went to class/did hw etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

I would strongly recommend you go back over Groups, you've got to have a better chance doing that question, unless you literally never went to class/did hw etc.

+1

(maybe too late for opinion, since your 3 hours are nearly up!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement