Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whats everyone doing after the Junior cert?? :D cant wait

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

WHAT!!!!!!:eek:
    how do you get in?
    Wheres it on?
    Do you sleep there?
    I'm sorry but this intrigues me..
    You get in by getting the leaflet, or you can google CTYI and apply. It's on in DCU, and you can sleep there if you want. I'm going commuter this year, but I'm gonna go Rez for my nevermore (nevermore can go) year, next year. It's good. You should try get in, it's hilarious and you meet so many great people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I did it when I was 10/11. It was OK, nothing special. Didn't hate it though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    You get in by getting the leaflet, or you can google CTYI and apply. It's on in DCU, and you can sleep there if you want. I'm going commuter this year, but I'm gonna go Rez for my nevermore (nevermore can go) year, next year. It's good. You should try get in, it's hilarious and you meet so many great people.
    is it hard to get in?
    how long is it?
    I'd love to go..is it only on during the summer?
    do you have to be super smart? (be honest!):p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

is it hard to get in?
    how long is it?
    It's not the easiest course to get into, according to the literature they send out every year, you've to be in the 98th percentile or above of kids in your age group. It's 3 weeks long, divided into session one and two, and the residential courses are only during the summer. But there's correspondence courses during the school year. As you've seen above, you don't have to be Stephen Hawkings smart, but you've to be pretty smart. A good thing to do is google psat, and look at some sample papers. If you think that you can take them on, well and good, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 BraceFace1994

Lol then two weeks later I'm goin gaeltacht (colaiste sheosaimh cursa b! wu-huuuuu)
    Omg i'm from gaeltacht and that colaiste is like a mile away from me!!:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

is it hard to get in?
    how long is it?

I did this a few years ago, the first summer I did Maths and the second I did Computer Applications (programming). To get in you need to score in the 95th percentile plus on either Maths/English, or maybe it was critical thinking, something like that anyway. It goes on for 3 weeks in DCU and 99% of people stay on campus, it was an incredibly fun experience and introduces you to many great people. Furthermore, if your considering a certain college course for the future, it's a great way to try it out (I'm now going into Computer Science as a result). The whole "super smart" thing is rather myopic notion, insofar as it induces stereotypical thinking and may result in someone being dissuaded from the program. The people that attend are usually funny, social and more utilitarian than most others, and contributes to it being a great place. All in all, if you feel you stand a chance at getting in - go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

is it hard to get in?
    how long is it?

hmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭janja93

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    anyone goin colaiste chiarain???

yup
    cursa c?

Advertisement