Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rehoming offer... legitimate or not?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

hi guys,
    i just noticed this ad on gumtree... what do you reckon, should it be trusted or not?

Hi
    Has your pet outgrown your home?
    Have you outgrown your pet?
    Or you don’t have the time to love them the way you used to.
    All pets.....................New Born’s, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs, lizards, snakes, hamsters, ferrets , chinchillas , mice, poultry hens, ducks, pet birds or fish outgrown there tank or pond. Or perhaps you are no longer able to look after them or they have outgrown your home.
    Give me a call or send me an Email. I live in the country with a few acres of land and a welcoming home. Sorry we can’t take any dogs at the moment as we have all our dogs sheds full
    Don’t worry; they will be going to a caring loving home with lots of new friend.
    They will be loved.

Please email with your pets details and a picture please....

This is FREE of charge.... We just love animals.
    THIS IS NOT A SCAM SO GENUINE PET OWNERS ONLY PLEASE NO TIME WASTERS.
    All PETS RECIEVED ARE NOT FOR RESALE TO THIRD PARTIES, THIS IS A PET HOME NOT A SHOP.
    WHEN WE ARE FULL, WE GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF OTHER HOMES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Maybe they are collecting for a little petting zoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

It's a strange one...
    Why don't they make their offer to rescues who need the help instead of putting the idea of rehoming into a pet owner's mind when the concept may not have been entertained til they saw an ad like that one....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Is it just me or does the term "dog sheds" give anyone the creeps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I dunno.. Personally I'd be wary.
    It could be genuine but... I'd be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

creepy, surely if they loved animals that much they'd get themselves homechecked by all the shelters and take in all their unplacable animals... that would be of far more benefit.

my mind shies away from thinking about what they could possibly want all the animals for though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

PinkTulips wrote: »
    my mind shies away from thinking about what they could possibly want all the animals for though :(

exactly... weird stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I know in the US, laboratories will "rehome" animals and use them for testing, could this be the case here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsTempermental

Are their any real and legitimate posts on Gumtree? Whenever I've replied to a post it nearly always ends up as an exercise in futility! I dont see how anyone could possibly give that many animals the care and attention they would all need. It is kinda creepy!

Advertisement