Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfers?

• 07-06-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

i can never seem to win a bid cos all the time remaining on the transfers are 2 or 3 days and when you look when its about to run out, its gone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I feel your pain. That happened to me all the time. I would forget to check back or else the auction would be ending in the middle of the night. Also another annoying thing about the auctions is if someone bids within in 3 mins of the end of the auction it gets extended another 2 mins. So some of the auctions go on for ages at the end. I gave up on a few cuz of that. I think it just luck of the draw if people are online and see that guy is available or not. Thats how i've gotten a couple of my guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Sign players close to their deadline so you have a fair indication of what you're up against. Like has been said already sometimes you get other managers in a bidding war and sometimes you don't and you catch a bargain. Trick is to patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

but like when i put a bid on a player, theres about 2-3 days left at the earliest! what im sayin is theres no body in the transfer market with only an hour or that left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

mink_man wrote: »
    but like when i put a bid on a player, theres about 2-3 days left at the earliest! what im sayin is theres no body in the transfer market with only an hour or that left!

Don't go for guys with huge CSR chances are you won't get them unless your certain now one can match your bid. You can buy guys with 8000/9000 CSR for 1 quid if you look around.

Advertisement