Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Festival-from Balbriggan

Options
  • 07-06-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

So we're going to Oasis in Slane on the 2oth and there is no buses going from drogheda as far as I can see.

We're thinking about hiring a small mini bus from Balbriggan,all our friends are leaving from Dublin City Centre which we dont want to do, as it will be awkward getting home from city centre after gig and the return tickets are 25€ each so its going to cost €75 and then stil have to get back to Balbriggan...
    At the moment there is only 3 of us leaving from Balbriggan so if anyone has any phone numbers of small mini buses around the area could you let me know please.

Also if anyone is interested in sharing mini bus let me know also by PM.
    Otherwise going to arrange a taxi if can get prices.

Suzie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Squirrels

Hi Susie, Not too sure on the bus numbers myself but it makes lots of sence. Buti do have 3 spare tickets if you need any. Living close to you so good idea on the buses will advise if i have more numbers. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hi there,
    You could try KBR Transport (they are based in Balbriggan area). I don't have the number to hand but they are in the phone book.
    HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sinead.

Hi Suzieb i was just wondering is there a bus sorted for slane and if so any room for two more . Is it returing and how much.sinead from balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

If you do get someone, can you find out if he'll do a run to Punchestown for AC/DC next week? :) (seriously, tho...)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

suzieb , there may be 4 of us heading from Swords through Balbriggan to Slane @ around 2PM in a minibus if you are interested .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

blastman wrote: »
    If you do get someone, can you find out if he'll do a run to Punchestown for AC/DC next week? :) (seriously, tho...)
    I know a bus going if your looking for a seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Thanks for all replies,

Am hoping sharkman will have room on his bus for 3 of us but if not we are arranging a taxi through bracken cabs for €40 and they guarantee a taxi to pick up that night but to be honest the mini bus is best way to go if can..

Sinead is there only 2 of you going? If end up getting a taxi can try to get a 7 seater if you fancy sharing with us. Pm me if interested. I'm up beside dunnes in balbriggan.

Hi Suzie , just waiting for a price on the mini bus , May be handier for yourself and Sinead to share a 5 seater ! I'll let you know what the driver gets back to us with , should be early morning when I know . But at funeral for will be 13.00 before I get back online .

Thats great sure let me know tomorrow,otherwise taxi price isnt too bad at all between 3 of us as it stands. Just reckon we'll have a hike to the castle from the road as taxi's aren't permitted to drive as close as mini buses are!

suzie

Go down the Belfast road and then in on the N51 , you can get closer and also access to the village for drinkies !

• Advertisement

sharkman wrote: »
    Go down the Belfast road and then in on the N51 , you can get closer and also access to the village for drinkies !
    Thats the official route though for concert traffic from the North and Dublin, so you'll probably be better off just going to Julianstown and taking the back roads from there to be dropped right at the south of Slane at the Boyne. Half an hour drive.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2923595

suzieb wrote: »
    Thanks for all replies,

Am hoping sharkman will have room on his bus for 3 of us but if not we are arranging a taxi through bracken cabs for €40 and they guarantee a taxi to pick up that night but to be honest the mini bus is best way to go if can..

Sinead is there only 2 of you going? If end up getting a taxi can try to get a 7 seater if you fancy sharing with us. Pm me if interested. I'm up beside dunnes in balbriggan.
    ye suzieb just two of us heading a bus would be better but a taxi will do save us going to town its a bit of a walk to slane castle anyway but i am sure a few cans can make it a lot easyer. let us no what you think i am only down the from you at the graveyard

Hi sinead.

Rang drogheda bus garage today and they are running buses from bus station so we're going to go with that option instead. First bus leaves at 12 from there and its €6 single,you can buy on board afaik.

You could get the 101 bus from balbriggan right to the station in drogheda,not sure of cost though maybe €3 euro-ish. Or else get taxi from balbriggan to drogheda(€25 is what i've paid before).

Think the designated buses can get nearer to slane than a taxi so best option really and should be ok making way back from drogheda be it in a taxi,or theres a night rider bus that runs from bus station in drogheda about 1 o clock.

Suzie , we also are now heading to Drogheda to get the bus across :(:)

Ah sharkman,presume your coach didnt work out?

Drogheda's not too far from swords,get the 101 and it will drop you right to drogheda and getting home should be handy enough. The mini bus would have been best option but you're better off leaving from drogheda than city centre I think?!

Enjoy the gig!

suzieb wrote: »
    Hi sinead.

Rang drogheda bus garage today and they are running buses from bus station so we're going to go with that option instead. First bus leaves at 12 from there and its €6 single,you can buy on board afaik.

You could get the 101 bus from balbriggan right to the station in drogheda,not sure of cost though maybe €3 euro-ish. Or else get taxi from balbriggan to drogheda(€25 is what i've paid before).

Think the designated buses can get nearer to slane than a taxi so best option really and should be ok making way back from drogheda be it in a taxi,or theres a night rider bus that runs from bus station in drogheda about 1 o clock.

ah thanks suzieb we are going to go with town. Thanks for a
    ll your help enjoy the concert .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mastergreener

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I know a bus going if your looking for a seat.

Hey two of us are going from Drogheda. Do you know of a bus going to ACDC this Sunday 28th??? That would be great if there was.;)

Hey two of us are going from Drogheda. Do you know of a bus going to ACDC this Sunday 28th??? That would be great if there was.;)
    The bus is full since last week, sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mastergreener

Bluetonic wrote: »
    The bus is full since last week, sorry about that.

Thanks for the reply back. If you here of any more buses going that could hold two people will ya let me know thanks.

Thanks for the reply back. If you here of any more buses going that could hold two people will ya let me know thanks.
    Will do, I'll double check tomorrow if any place have freed up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement