Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens if I fail Irish

Options
  • 07-06-2009 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have done honours all year but dont think I will pass, what happens if I fail honours Irish. Do I need to pass Irish to get into a university

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

You need to pass Irish for UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Well it depends you can't go to most places but I think you might be able to go to DCU. I know you can't go to UCD if you do fail Irish.

You can though go to Trinity provided you do another language because you just need a language be it Irish, french, spanish, german, italian etc.

So do you do a further language other than Irish (and of course other than English), if so you could qualify for Trinity! You should really think about Trinity. It's a really nice college.

Oh yeah, I go to Trinity! :D I know how you feel, I did honours Irish (last year) when I really shouldn't have! I got my honour but I really don't think I'd be able to speak a bit of Irish if asked to! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

depends where you want to go

check your course choices on www.qualifax.ie for entry requirements and doublecheck with the college website

some places will take a pass in either irish or english

stick a few non-irish requiring courses on your CAO before end of june to be safe

Advertisement