Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mods

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

if you clearly read the "mod thread" firekitten was clearly insulting

And did you report the post as abusive? using the report post function?

What does this have to do with supposed mod abuse of powers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Yeah maybe, but you don't use any punctuation as she pointed out, which wrecks the head trying to read.

She's a noob, well to this forum anyway, she has shown a willingness to contribute real advice as in the newbie sections, but you are right, rules is rules, a mod can have a look at it and warn/infract/ban as he see fit.

In your case, you had a thread lock for being off topic, then another for a thread lock circumvention, play by the rules and you'll get further.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Yeah maybe, but you don't use any punctuation as she pointed out, which wrecks the head trying to read.

She's a noob, well to this forum anyway, she has shown a willingness to contribute real advice as in the newbie sections, but you are right, rules is rules, a mod can have a look at it and warn/infract/ban as he see fit.

In your case, you had a thread lock for being off topic, then another for a thread lock circumvention, play by the rules and you'll get further.

Valid points but......

Again I have to ask as the OP has stated in his original post
    What does this have to do with mod "abuse of powers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭airsoftjunkie

this is typical of airsoft on boards

i think for the interest in airsoft i believe there should be a thread

post on the airsoft forums page to notify all airsofters of this thread

and get the opinion of them

if im wrong ill withdraw my comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

So NOW your problem is with a member and not a mod of the airsoft forum?
    You seem to be lack luster in your responses which never seem to be a reply but rather yet a.n.o.t.h.e.r statement.
    Your accusations have no grounds based on your proof, examples or any submissions beyond "omg look at this thread", which has no place in the airsoft forum.

Now you repeatedly say that the members of the airsoft forum wont read this, as if its a BAD thing.. yet you are complaining about moderators so the masses that they moderate have no input unless, you nievely figure that a bunch of ppl moaning and groaning without fact or reference is going to change anything. You realise there is no "free speech" here ya?

My suggestion to you is put some TIME into your complaint.
    Go find the proof that you need in order to make even a remote case against these moderators.

This thread only exists as you have mentioned abuse of power.
    Even if 1000 ppl agreed with you it means nothing without evidence.

• Advertisement

The Master wrote: »
    Valid points but......

Again I have to ask as the OP has stated in his original post
    What does this have to do with mod "abuse of powers"

Threads evolve man, you gotta evolve with them :D

There is clearly no abuse of power, I believe the OP has a bit of pride and less cop than to admit his initial post or reaction was wrong, I think its very clear no abuse occurred.

You want to answer to that OP? If you want to continue this thread on a tangent, well, it will need to have some relevance to the topic or its not gonna reach a conclusion.

If you start another thread on the airsoft forum to discuss the mods there it will be locked and deleted.

You have this thread to discuss this "abuse of mod powers" you seem to see and still will not give any evidence of same.

A link to this thread in 'off topic madness' would do well I'd imagine, but not for your intentions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Indeed she asked repeatedly for better written responses from you airsoft junkie because to be frank, your posts are quite often very difficult to read. It took about five requests and an insult to actually get you to notice. TBH, I'd have done the same only sooner.

She has over 5 years experience with the subject,. which is double the length of time airsoft has been legal in this country. So, yeah much to contribute and has made an effort to do so already.I believe that a ban would be detrimental in this case in my personal opinion, personal bias in her favour aside.

So you don't really have specific examples of "abuse" then? You just want to run a popularity contest and a witch-hunt. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Life is too short for this.

OP, if you have an issue with a moderation desicion, bring it to the Help Desk forum. Include a link, and clear statement of what this issue is, not general "mod is abusing power" claims.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement