Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value Beauty Salons?

Options
  • 07-06-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

I may have imagined it but I *think* I came across some ads a few weeks back in the Advertiser re: different Beauty Salons around town doing 1/2 offers and really good promotions but typically, for the life of me can't remember which ones!

Does anyone know of any salons doing any offers like the above or somewhere that's good value?

I'm not too pushed looking for somewhere all la-di-dah atm as I just want some basics done like eyebrow wax and tint, lip wax, maybe a pedicure too or something.. watching the pennies at the minute. *shakes fist - damn you Stephen!!*

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

I may have imagined it but I *think* I came across some ads a few weeks back in the Advertiser re: different Beauty Salons around town doing 1/2 offers and really good promotions but typically, for the life of me can't remember which ones!

Does anyone know of any salons doing any offers like the above or somewhere that's good value?

I'm not too pushed looking for somewhere all la-di-dah atm as I just want some basics done like eyebrow wax and tint, lip wax, maybe a pedicure too or something.. watching the pennies at the minute. *shakes fist - damn you Stephen!!*

Thanks everyone!

When I first moved to Galway, I needed my eyebrows done, I ended up in Purejoy , not the most cheapest and haven't gone back since, due to the price being higher than Dublin! However I get texts (as I had to register or something with them) all the time and they are doing recession busters at present.

I now go to, Nicola McGuire, she's in Barry's hair salon, she has a little beauty place at the back of the hairdressers down stairs, decent prices and there is always offers on. She's a very welcoming and friendly girl also.

Balissimo also have a few offers on at the moment.

I can't remember the name which isn't helpful i know lol.. there is this hair/beauty salon on eyre sq. my friend got her hair, nails and eyebrows done for a lovely 55euro. Your hair alone is usually a starting price of €55, if I remember the name i'll pm you and tell you. It's on the tip of my tongue but you know the way.

If i hear/think of anymore, i'll post again. Have fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gemmah

I passed by a place in Liosban Industrial Estate today and there was a sign saying get your highlights done and get a bikini wax free, really good offer imo, can't think of the name of the place tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Shelleys on Abbeygate Street. I think she also does a night a week upstairs in the Dail doing halfprice or free nails etc while ye have a beer. My missus goes to Shelley's and loves its. She's at Yoga so i can't confirm exactly, but you get the picture. Good luck searching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hollymur92

Thanks everyone!

hey i go to TLC on the Tuam road near travel lodge , 2 therapists in there and they do half price on all treatments diferent days , very good valu

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

hey,

I go to ChezElaine in Terryland Retail park and her offer at the moment is:
    full body spray tan,
    file & polish Fingers & toes
    brow wax
    & eyelash tint/extentions for 70 euro.

i think thats pretty good and she is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Surely that thread title is a misnomer :p

Belleza in Clarinbridge have half price waxing Monday to Wednesday.

Am given to understand that a lot of places are really feeling the pinch in this current climate so here's hoping most places will start to wake up and offer us punters a better deal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

+1 for Belissimo too. their 50% off is excellent! i got waxing, eyebrow shape&tint and eyelash tint done last week all for €35! well impressed! and their open til 9 mon-fri and open sundays afaik

have gone to Fringe Benefits in Doughiska for a few different beauty treatments. they have different offers on everyday. some of them are great value..tho i am still waiting on my new client package worth €100 since November...must follow up on that!
    www.fringebenefits.ie
    www.<snip>.com

Certified beautician and nails stylist. The best prices in Dublin
    This is the Galway Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spammer deleted.
    Feel free to start new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement