Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP get seat...

Options
  • 07-06-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Oh dear.

Guy on BBC now saying that racism against whites is rife in England. It'd be funny if it weren't tree.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

dear lord :eek:

as predicted dire times bring in extreme parties into politics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

obl wrote: »
    It'd be funny if it weren't tree.

Testify.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Seriously people...

Just because you do not have as much money as before is not justification for genocide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Cons topping Wales is the bigger story for me. If the BNP win 8 16 seats in the next parliament it'll mean something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

They finished up with two seats, a terrible day for anyone other than racist, Euro-skeptic bigots. The tiny modicum of faith I had left in the Sun and Daily Mail reading proletariat in North England is well and truly gone.

I'm reluctant to link to such a bile spewing website but I urge people to google the BNP and read some of their "policies". Truly sickening to see these people getting a platform in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

bigkev49 wrote: »
    They finished up with two seats, a terrible day for anyone other than racist, Euro-skeptic bigots. The tiny modicum of faith I had left in the Sun and Daily Mail reading proletariat in North England is well and truly gone.

I'm reluctant to link to such a bile spewing website but I urge people to google the BNP and read some of their "policies". Truly sickening to see these people getting a platform in Europe.
    someone out there has voted for them, may be it was a protest vote to shake up the british goverment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

there were several other parties to give a vote to if it was simply a protest vote.....

*****!

the people who are voting for them are the eldery who live in high asian areas of the country, and do not feel safe in the streets anymore. the newspapers dont help with their over the top reporting ,this makes very fertile ground for the likes of the BNP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

My God.....anybody see Adam Bolton interviewing Griffin last night on Sky? It was cringe worthy. The chap is an absolute idiot. How he got elected amazes me. At one stage one of the panelists asked who can join the BNP, to which Griffin replied (something along the lines of), people who are really British. To which Bolton asked, how do you know if somebody is really British. Griffins reply, you just know by the look of them! He also called Britain a slum. Said no more Mosques should be allowed. He promotes a Christian Britain, but he does not attend church himself. I could go on and on. It was an amazing and worrying interview. I'm sure its on Youtube or the sky news website now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The BNP are going to benefit from the fact that a lot of indigenous brits or whatever you want to call them feel that there's an elephant in the room and the BNP are the only ones who are talking about it. You disenfranchise enough people and the extreme right will benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bambi wrote: »
    The BNP are going to benefit from the fact that a lot of indigenous brits or whatever you want to call them feel that there's an elephant in the room and the BNP are the only ones who are talking about it. You disenfranchise enough people and the extreme right will benefit.

Thats's it in one as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a fan of our immigration "policy" but try to discuss it at least in public with any candidate running for government and you never get a different answer from any of them. Unfortunately that leaves things open to the first party that do offer a different line.

In no way am I condoning the BNP, and I don't agree with their policy either, I won't say what I think of them because of abuse and the charter.

I do think the world would be healthier if mainstream parties were willing to tackle the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

My god...I know people will see this as a protest vote but Griffin is a crass, racist idiot. Surely the Monster Raving Looney Party provided a better option.

I can only wonder about the intelligence of those that voted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

you would think that the experience of dealing with a certain german in the 1940's would show people where these types of views can lead.

They get very little air time on British T.V usually. They will push for much more now and spread their toxic idology.

I feel very sad for the old factory towns in the northwest. The atmosphere will be terrible. A lot of 2nd or third generation immigrants have basically been told there not wanted and arnt british.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Ireland has it's own version of the BNP - they're called the DUP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Do they DUP openly support deportation of non-whites now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wow, its truely sad that so many people in the UK voted for the BNP, especially as so many of there country men died fighting (not to mention the various people in there empire of the time) people just like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I can certainly understand why people are supporting them and definitely appears to be saying what a lot of people in the UK are thinking.

Ireland is also beginning to turn in the same direction re: immigration. A lot of people have simply had enough of it and want change and the first people to publicly support that are going to get the numbers.

There's also a difference in being racist and being anti-immigration or anti-mass immigration as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Rb wrote: »
    I can certainly understand why people are supporting them and definitely appears to be saying what a lot of people in the UK are thinking.

Ireland is also beginning to turn in the same direction re: immigration. A lot of people have simply had enough of it and want change and the first people to publicly support that are going to get the numbers.

There's also a difference in being racist and being anti-immigration or anti-mass immigration as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with alot of that. However you have to agree that the BNP are racist and can only do harm to to an anti-mass immigration policy. People like them are the reason you get called racist the minute you want to discuss immigration.

• Advertisement

bigkev49 wrote: »
    My god...I know people will see this as a protest vote but Griffin is a crass, racist idiot. Surely the Monster Raving Looney Party provided a better option.

I can only wonder about the intelligence of those that voted for him.
    i am surprised you havent noticed before how daft british politics can be-last week hartlepool voted in as mayor the same man, dressed as a monkey for the third year in succession

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Immigration Issues are a quick cover o racism

If its immigration why it dosnt all rules apply to europeans.

I am british but I you can always smell whe its immigratio ad whe its racism

DUP is silly , they will ever get their way .

Look at U.K , All non whites are gettig stronger and stronger , but in good way supportig the economy
    CiaranC wrote: »
    Do they DUP openly support deportation of non-whites now?

Very true
    ShooterSF wrote: »
    Thats's it in one as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a fan of our immigration "policy" but try to discuss it at least in public with any candidate running for government and you never get a different answer from any of them. Unfortunately that leaves things open to the first party that do offer a different line.

In no way am I condoning the BNP, and I don't agree with their policy either, I won't say what I think of them because of abuse and the charter.

I do think the world would be healthier if mainstream parties were willing to tackle the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

getz wrote: »
    i am surprised you havent noticed before how daft british politics can be-last week hartlepool voted in as mayor the same man, dressed as a monkey for the third year in succession

Third term...he's been there since 2002, so he must be doing something right. Mind you, rather a man in a monkey suit that the besuited apes of the BNP.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

Anyone see that documentary last week (I think on Fiorsceal) about the fascist parties on the rise in Europe.......primarily Italy, Germany and France. Like Really-Stressed said how can people not see where this led before.

The German Fascist party (can't remember the name) even have a youth movement with military training camps..........and I think they have a seat in the German Parliment.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Raymond O'Malley might disagree with you there Rb...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Truely a sad day for the human race.
    Sleipnir wrote: »
    Testify.

I meant true! :P

I think you'll find that it's actually called the Sinn Féin IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Raymond O'Malley might disagree with you there Rb...
    Fair point although I think it might have been different if it were a published Libertas public policy and not just the opinion of one of their candidates.

At the same time a lot of people are still questioning "Wtf do Libertas want?" whilst the BNP, in fairness to them, have laid out their policies for all to see and accept/reject at will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

obl wrote: »

I think you'll find that it's actually called the Sinn Féin IRA.

they merged? ;)

really i dont remember either calling for any of the bnps aims

also, one is not in existence anymore.....

nonsense!:(:mad:

Advertisement