Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP get seat...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

In the video he says he wants poles out of britain too. I wonder how he will identify them?

Numbered tatoo maybe? Yellow star?

The race issue is the main thing they stand for. Hence the racist cartoons they made aimed at five year olds.

I wouldnt design a national policy on the basis of skin colour. They tried it in South Africa. Didnt work.

strangely enough I can usually spot a polish person a mile off. I have nothing against them but I can spot them without the yellow star

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I am truly shocked/disgusted that BNP would start to get a hold in British politics like this . However to be honest I am not entirely surprised

I no longer live in Britain , however I have many relatives/friends who do. Most of them would fall into the ' White Middle class protestant ' demographic.

They descibe things that I find shocking , a lot of it would be blown out of all proportion by the 'Daily Mail' type press.

But most of it links to that demographic feeling left out/dismissed by all the mainstream parties as they all go for the ' ethnic minority ' votes. One example ( all be it now out of date ) which I post here because it's pertinent , would be Ken Livingstone spending money on a St Patricks parade , Boris Johnson scrapped that and instead spent the money on a St Georges parade. They feel ( maybe for no good reason ) almost guilty for celebrating their nationality. ( mainly due I thinkto media hype )

Where I grew up it was always a ' mixed culture ' , my school would have been 20% asian and that was in the 70s, it's much greater now . There were never any obvious issues . There were the things like the Toxteth/Brixton riots, but they were one off , and certainly in the Brixton case were fuelled by poor policing procedures .

I remember clearly during the last recession the NF ( as they were then ) gaining popularity and selling their vile newspapers outside football grounds etc .

You also wonder how much the current expences row may have contributed with ' all your politicians are on the make ' being wheeled out by the BNP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Horrible news. :( I'm disgusted. I really hope this isn't the beginning of an increase in extreme rightwing nutjobs sorry, parties, in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

towel401 wrote: »
    Ya know the BNP actually have some fairly good ideas. Much like Geert Wilders has. They are not as racist as they let on, and besides its good to have a few racists in the government when everybody else is hell-bent on reverse discrimination. kind of balances things out you know?

They are not as racist as they 'let on'? Surely, if they want their policies and ideas to have any credibility, it would be in their best interest to tone down their racism and appear as legitimate as possible? I've seen some of their vidoes on youtube- laughable attempts at propaganda that can easily be seen for the racist bile they are.

The fact that you think it is in anyway a positive thing to have 'a few racists in governmnt' speaks volumes , tbh.

Y'know, when I read these type of posts I'm not surprised that these clowns got their seats- too many people going about with a persecution complex about 'reverse discrimination' and imagining that the poor indigneous British man is hard done by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Comparing SF to the BNP shows a kindergarten understanding of politics.

BNP would be 3rd position, and more racist. Other than that, they both want their country out of the EU, they're both composed of a few good speakers and many violent thugs, with Sinn Féin having it's own private army/terrorist organisation for much of its existence...
    Nodin wrote: »
    I'd suggest reading their policies on the matter before making such statements.

Is it not clear as day that SF are the most similar party on this island to the BNP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

obl wrote: »
    BNP would be 3rd position, and more racist. Other than that, they both want their country out of the EU, they're both composed of a few good speakers and many violent thugs, with Sinn Féin having it's own private army/terrorist organisation for much of its existence...

Is it not clear as day that SF are the most similar party on this island to the BNP?

They are both anti-Eu (from their actions) based on being nationalists. Other than that your question is a bit like,
    I have an apple in one hand and a banana in the other, which is more like an orange?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Griffin is a holocaust denier and his supporters are violent thugs.

Then again he does have some kind of superhuman ability to spot British people by looking at them, maybe he should be employed at passport control at an airport somewhere.

Well judging people by looking at them is nothing new. I think we all know an Eastern European when we see them or an Indian or African.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

DB10 wrote: »
    Well judging people by looking at them is nothing new. I think we all know an Eastern European when we see them or an Indian or African.

What about a British person who's 4 grandparents are African?

How can you know when you see them that they are British, and not a tourist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

sinn fein don't want ireland out of the eu, even if they did its hardly the worst thing ever, maby they could have an interesting alternative, norway aren't in the eu either, im pro-eu but sinn fein has some good ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

BS. How about this guy? What's his nationality? By your logic you should know simply by looking at him.

Or this guy? What's his lineage? Apparently it should be simple to spot. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

How about him

http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/Ryan-Giggs1.jpg

Judging people by simply looking at them is utter bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

There's a difference between eire and the uk IMO in relation to the recent wave of immegration in the UK, the wages never rose the same way as they did here and so if your a lower paid worker you probably be feeling quite bitter at the minute as you never made that much money (compared to here) in the good times and now many of them are facing increased competion for employment and living on low level benefits.
    Also its important to look at the levels of dissatifaction with both conservatives and labour in a country that doesn't have a history of independent candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What about a British person who's 4 grandparents are African?

How can you know when you see them that they are British, and not a tourist?
    They don't claim to be the son of the Prince of Nigeria? :pac:

On a more serious note though, I think DB10 above is showing a pretty common mentality that if someone immigrates and don't look like us, then they're never "Irish" or "English" as the case may be, no matter how long they've been there.

How the BNP can claim to know who is and isn't British by looking at them and then state that they're not talking about those who've settled and integrated yet then go on to use Bradford as an example...I don't know, it's very inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Theres no comparison. The BNP are a right wing racist party with a whites only membership policy.

Go find me the right wing racism here.
    http://www.sinnfein.ie/files/Policies_Racism.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Was anyone watching Channel 4 news. They were interviewing a newly elected BNP MEP. His excuse for not allowing black or asian people become members of the party was to protect indigenous people. Despicable racist pondlife is what they are

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I really shouldn't have to point it out, but this thread isn't about Sinn Féin. Let's not go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

had an army, as did many irish parties..... (de rossa was a volunteer in the past... let it go)

more rascist - they are rascist and sf is not.

deisedude wrote: »
    Was anyone watching Channel 4 news. They were interviewing a newly elected BNP MEP. His excuse for not allowing black or asian people become members of the party was to protect indigenous people. Despicable racist pondlife is what they are

Thats the Bron fella. Ex-chairman of the National Front.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Despicable racist pondlife is what they are
    How dare they choose their own membership. Despicable. :mad:

Looks like the freedom of speech is lost on alot of people.
    The fact remains Griffen had his car vandalised and eggs thrown at him while being ridiculed by all and sundry.

Those people are the idiots here. Some people act like the BNP and its voters are stupid racist thugs, yet their opposers resort to vigilante justice and verbal insults. They are just as bad as the people they oppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭trailerparkboy

Congrats to the BNP for the 2 elected MPS, great news the people will no longer be fooled by the elites who dont care about the working class people and the effects immigration has caused to the working class.

Can I also add that if I was English, and the National Front connections were removed , I would probably have voted for the BNP as well.
    And I'm sure if the NF connections were gone they would have done alot better with thousands more behind them.

And by the way I am not scum,racist or a thug.

Can I also add that if I was English, and the National Front connections were removed , I would probably have voted for the BNP as well.
    And I'm sure if the NF connections were gone they would have done alot better with thousands more behind them.

Well said sir, im with you there.

Well.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrw9NcBtOc

and....

"the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin"
    http://bnp.org.uk/policies/

I'd say that in your current position, you're liable to get fleas.....

Congrats to the BNP for the 2 elected MPS, great news the people will no longer be fooled by the elites who dont care about the working class people and the effects immigration has caused to the working class.

*Snicker

Griffins votes actually down from the last time out. Its like winning a race because all the other runners were injured in a crash, for jaysus sake.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8088381.stm

The only scum are the NF and the anti BNP followers who attack people physically and verbally for their political views.

The BNP are going to clean up in the next general election theres no stoping them now, British people must look after there own people first everyone else second.

The BNP are going to clean up in the next general election theres no stoping them now, British people must look after there own people first everyone else second.

Their vote was slightly down..As far as I understand it they only got in due to PR, which the Brits don't use in General elections.....why exactly would there be "no stopping them"?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I'm glad to say that the BNP only got 2.5% of the vote in Scotland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Their vote was slightly down..As far as I understand it they only got in due to PR, which the Brits don't use in General elections.....why exactly would there be "no stopping them"?
    They've gotten more publicity now, also as they now have representation in the European parliment the BBc is going to have to recognise them as a real party and afford them more air time.

Advertisement