Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about After Hours Ban

Options
  • 08-06-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been banned from After Hours this evening by a moderator named Terry for a period of one month for apparently trolling.

I mailed Terry querying when I am supposed to have been trolling his forum, and he claims that I was doing so in 'pretty much every post'. I really don't feel this is the case. I have gone through my previous posts as well as I can find them but I'm still none the wiser.

Originally I thought it might have been due to a thread I started wondering what peoples opinions were on girls who swear a lot, however that thread is still open, it didn't have any serious arguing and without seeming self-righteous, I think my posts were in good fun, I seem to remember thanking some people who disagreed with me.
    Now I think it might have more to do with a thread I started this morning, asking what qualities did people find attractive in the opposite sex that would be considered unusual. I mentioned I have a thing for braces, underbites, weird mouth stuff. Strange maybe, but hardly trolling? Again, I didn't argue with anyone in that thread, many pleasanteries exchanged etc etc.

Like I said to Terry, I only joined this site to find out about how to mend an old bike I found at home. I have been engaging in constructive posting on the more serious forums like Equestrian, Animals, Cricket and Politics etc. without trouble.

Sorry about the essay, I do think a months ban is a little bit long though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ban lifted while I review your posts.

Please do not start any threads regarding sexual issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

cheers

Advertisement