Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much money

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

could senator deirdre de burca have claimed from Brussells for election expenses if she got an extra 300 votes (to reach 6 per cent of total) in the recount she requested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure who pays, but I think its up to the limit set by the government - in Dáil elections its about €30,000, so probably a fair bit more for European elections. I imagine about €100,000, assuming they spent that amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i thought you need 25% of the qouta?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

If she didnt litter the county with so many of her posters she wouldnt need to go looking to recoup election expenses !
    Her best bet is to get on her bike and collect all her posters and then help the yet again unelected Boyle collect his !

Advertisement