Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia (Langkawi) in November?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi everybody,

I'm planning a trip to Malaysia in November. I have to be in Singapore for a week at the end of November and was looking into spending 10-14 days on a lovely beach before that. From the small bit of research I have done, it would appear that the east coast is a no go at this time of year. So Langkawi is what I am considering. Has anybody got advice on travelling there at this time of year? Any tips for hotels / resorts would be appreciated too, somewhere nice and clean on the beach, near restaurants, suitable for a couple - although I am on a "bit" of a budget!

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

If you're beaching it Langkawi is great but otherwise it's pretty boring especially for such a long stay. There's not much of a night life to speak of but if you hire a car or bike you could explore around the island a bit more. You might want to consider a detour to Penang Island by boat or plane as there's plenty to do there especially in George Town, the island capital. The beaches on Penang are pretty filthy so I'd say for the length of stay you're looking at you might want to combine the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Curious81

Thanks Slice, will look into a trip to Penang too. Beaching, wandering and relaxing is exactly what we want so that sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

We had the same dilemma early last December - we wanted sun and the guide books all pointed to Langkawi for guaranteed sun - it rained the entire time we were there.
    Overall we thought it was ok, but not the paradise some might describe... agree with poster on nightlife - lots of places that DO NOT SELL LIQUOR.

Also, make sure you check the dates of Ramadan - it'll be a big holiday there, with loads of locals about.

Advertisement