Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madcatz fightpads in stock at play.com

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    That's unfortunate, where did you get your stick bush? It sounds suspiciously like you got a refurbished or a second hand stick from the original bad bunch. New sticks shouldn't have dodgy buttons, it sounds used.

Got it from play.com. Its not really a big deal cos I was changing the stick and buttons anyway. It would be a sickner if I wasnt though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

How much are the replacement buttons and stick costing you?

good games today btw. blanka jump in mixup is such a head-wreck online. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Probably around 30-40 quid I'd say. Might be doing the same myself soon.

Kirby wrote: »
    How much are the replacement buttons and stick costing you?

good games today btw. blanka jump in mixup is such a head-wreck online. :p

Ye ggs. Really annoying dhalsim, take that as a compliment :)

I think they cost 44 including postage.

hmm. So it would work out much cheaper to get the original stick instead of the TE and order parts.

Whats the general consensus around here about how easy it is? Marketing blurb aside, I'm wondering If i could do it without ruining it :)

Any tips btw? I normally stuff jump ins against blanka with back roundhouse or back Medium punch.... but his jump is SO damn fast I struggle to react to it online. Jumping medium punch works well but if i miss it leaves me way open.

Tbh the the bit im struggling with is definately the fast jump ins. I can counter 3 or 4 moves against you and do a bit of damage but you are getting in eventually and taking half my health :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Madcatz SE/TE can be modded in an hour using 1 flat- & 1 Phillips-head screwdriver.
    All you have to ensure is that you get a stick with a 5-pin connector, and snap-in buttons (Seimitsu screw-ins will work, too).

Any tips btw?

I dunno if I have any good tips to be honest, its one of blankas hardest matches.
    I wouldnt jump too much cos if im close and you try jumping back to get away I can slide under and hit you on the way down and then im back in close again. If your not close and jumping back I can hit you with upball.
    You seem to do the ultra the second you get it and I could see it coming a mile off on the last few matches. I wouldnt use that slide to attack either cos it leaves you wide open, blanka can link ultra off cr.mk and ya dont want that. Blocking that slide leaves it perfect for blanka to do that, im not that good at pulling it off though so I didnt attempt but I will next time:D
    The slide seems good for getting out of crossups though.

I generally jump to bait a ball...because jump followed by quick teleport means the ball misses and i get a free fierce. Problem is, if im not quick enough i get hit. for alot :D

The slide thing is something thats useful for getting out of crossups true. I use it vs alot of characters. In attack, i admit im too fond of it. Im going to have to get out of the habit against blanka. To be frank though, all your big damage came from jump ins...i think offline I can keep blanka away alot better. The risk / reward is just heavily in blankas favour. You can plop out balls from mid screen and what would be easily punishable offline becomes a tight window online....one that i miss. alot.

I generally jump to bait a ball...because jump followed by quick teleport means the ball misses and i get a free fierce. Problem is, if im not quick enough i get hit. for alot :D

The slide thing is something thats useful for getting out of crossups true. I use it vs alot of characters. In attack, i admit im too fond of it. Im going to have to get out of the habit against blanka. To be frank though, all your big damage came from jump ins...i think offline I can keep blanka away alot better. The risk / reward is just heavily in blankas favour. You can plop out balls from mid screen and what would be easily punishable offline becomes a tight window online....one that i miss. alot.

We need to have a match at an xgc meet sometime to test your theory :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Whats the general consensus around here about how easy it is? Marketing blurb aside, I'm wondering If i could do it without ruining it :)

Unscrew case, unscrew stick, replace stick. Remove quick disconnects on buttons, pop out button tabs, push in new buttons, replace quick disconnects, put case back on. :pac:

• Advertisement

grand job. might get one for ****s and giggles....even if i dont think itll replace the ole pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Is it easy to get the madcatz gamepads to work on a pc? I want to get SFIV for my brother's birthday next week and he only has a pc. I was planning to get a wired 360 pad but they really are crap for fighting games.

I was assuming a 360 madcatz pad should work on the pc with the 360 drivers. I know that there is madcatz bundle on the way with the game and a pc pad (can only see it on US sites) but not sure if they are slightly different pads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It'll work straight away afaik. Especially with Street Fighter as its running in the "Games For Windows" service which requires all Xbox pads to work with it straight away.

im sure it would work. I use the regular 360 pad on the pc all the time....they work off the same technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

To get my TE to work I had to download the 'Mictosoft Common Controller for Windows' the driver that auto-loaded did not work with my Vista 32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Thought it should work as a standard 360 controller. I use mine with the pc all the time. But just wanted to make sure.

Advertisement