Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menus some long some short, why?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Why can the sports menu be long while tech one beside it squished into sub menus. Longer menus are better IMO. Less clicks, and easier to navigate. Anyway why have them different?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

They've grown organically with the forum, this is a big part of the reason why we're working on a new navigation system at the moment!

If you haven't had a look at it yet, please do :) Will be making a sitewide announcement for testing shortly, but you can select "Boards.ie Beta" from the current menu system. To change back, use the style selector at the bottom right of your browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

New menu system or old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ross wrote: »
    They've grown organically with the forum, this is a big part of the reason why we're working on a new navigation system at the moment!

If you haven't had a look at it yet, please do :) Will be making a sitewide announcement for testing shortly, but you can select "Boards.ie Beta" from the current menu system. To change back, use the style selector at the bottom right of your browser.

I dunno about organically, theres been a lot imposed structure to the menu's based on peoples whim rather than usage, from what I can see.

The new system (beta) is pretty impressive. Much better alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

BostonB wrote: »
    I dunno about organically, theres been a lot imposed structure to the menu's based on peoples whim rather than usage, from what I can see.

Nothing is ever carried out on a whim on the site, it's generally discussed at length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats not apparent from the existing menus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

BostonB wrote: »
    Thats not apparent from the existing menus

Well the technology forum has been like that for ages now and there was significant input from a lot of people in relation to the tidying of the games category drop down menu.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You need to try the Beta Menu to see what we have done to address some of the underlying issues with the menus. Honestly, its good and only half the calories!

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Has the new menu speeded up since it was first released? That is the main thing that put me off it, the response time.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yes, I believe it has, but we are about to release version 2.7 of it shortly*

DeV.
    *may not be its actual version number, please read as: its current version number +0.1.

Advertisement