Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM104/Oxygen Photograph comp

• 08-06-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Just to draw the attention of those who might be interested.
    I heard FM104 have a competition running this week where the prize is photographic access to Oxygen and to have photos printed in a national newspaper.
    If this appeals, I'm sure the FM104 website probably has fuller details than I have written here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

FM104 is giving you a chance to become a photographer for a day at OXEGEN 2009 and take pictures of your favourite acts up close and personal in the photographer's pit! Your best photos will then be printed in The Sunday World, placed on the oxegen.ie website and FM104.ie. Plus 2 VIP tickets which will give you and your friend access to the VIP camping area and the VIP backstage area!

Thats on their site! Can't find any more info.

Rang the station, ya have to listen to the show from now till 3pm, the details will be given on that, if I hear i will post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

padocon wrote: »
    Rang the station, ya have to listen to the show from now till 3pm, the details will be given on that, if I hear i will post.

from now until 3 ? Jaysus, I hope the prizes are out of this world! They'd need to be to make someone listen to that shi*te for 3 hours

They give good prises though. My girlfriend has won stuff with them before I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

anyone know what number u gotta txt the answer to, i missed that :(

• Advertisement

from now until 3 ? Jaysus, I hope the prizes are out of this world! They'd need to be to make someone listen to that shi*te for 3 hours

This is the prize:
    Become a photographer for a day at OXEGEN 2009 and take pictures of your favourite acts up close and personal in the photographer's pit! Your best photos will then be printed in The Sunday World, placed on the oxegen.ie website and FM104.ie. Plus 2 VIP tickets which will give you and your friend access to the VIP camping area and the VIP backstage area!

faithy wrote: »

As did I has anyone heard it?

As did I has anyone heard it?

im so annoyed they only mentioned whole comp once! they didnt give many people a chance. its over now i presume cos it was till 1 oclock

Text 53104.
    Do you know the question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Pretty sure i would rather nail my 40d to my face than go to Oxygen, even if it was to take photographs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Dragan wrote: »
    Pretty sure i would rather nail my 40d to my face than go to Oxygen, even if it was to take photographs.

i want to go so id nail your 40d to your face for ya to go!!

I take it ya really don't like oxygen.
    I wouldn't say no to VIP treatment! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Text 53104.
    Do you know the question?
    No but I know the answer.

And I take it your not going to say it. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

VIP would b nice. Guessing they dont let the scum in so no fear of your tent being set on fire.

Question - With the MCD ban lifted can we talk about previous events?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The ultimate answer is 42 :D

(Note: this has nothing to do with the FM104 question :) )

VIP would b nice. Guessing they dont let the scum in so no fear of your tent being set on fire.

Setting tents on fire. This happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I won an Fm 104 rock photographer competition last year and I have to say it was one of the best nights I ever had. Since we can speak about it now, I shot Extreme 2 nights before my birthday and Nuno Bettencourt actually cam to Bruxelles with us afterwards, he even sang Happy Birthday to me.

Good luck to whoever wins it.

Good luck to anyone that entered!
    I couldn't listen cause 1 i'm using Mac,
    2. Not in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Setting tents on fire. This happens?

You serious? Guessing MCD suing everyone who mentioned what happened actually worked.

Gonna stop here as its way off topic and im not sure what the MCD discussion limits are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I do event photography there last few years... once ya stat on the service roads and linger around the bck stage areas its not too bad, theres a million folk working there and all great banter, I detest walking into the campsites, even the vip...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 allie xoxoxox

Hi

I have answered all the questioned on fm 104 for the compitition to be a photographer at oxegen but whats bothering me is question number 2 . 7% of men did this when they were young boys and ran away???? and the clue that was said after was i stood there and got my football back. what was the answer i said Kicked a football trough a window. but i am not sure and its wrecking my head. So what was all your answers??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not a particularly clever statement to be made considering what the fuss was about over the past couple of years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

MCD is to be treated like ANY other company or organisation now.

Please beware that the normal Libel issues apply to them as to anyone else. Please keep that in mind when posting.

I have not seen anything so far which has not been openly discussed in public extensively, though not on Boards as there was a ban imposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

Is competition still open and is anyone willing to give the answers or at least the questions?
    (I'm not living in or around Dublin...)

Cheers,
    pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

To be fair, it's a great weekend. VIP campsite makes a huge difference, there's no worries about safety.

That said, I really couldn't be arsed shooting it for anyone. I just want to go enjoy it. :)

im in the draw!!! yay! i wonder how may people get in the draw. Its like a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how do u enter?
    this isnt to do with photography is it? people will show up with their compact casio snap shot cameras. or lidl ones.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    how do u enter?
    this isnt to do with photography is it? people will show up with their compact casio snap shot cameras. or lidl ones.

u hav to listen to fm104 between 10-3. Theres questions and u hav to txt in the correct answer and pray u get in the draw! it took me 6 questions til i got put in the draw. u gotta be quick txtin the answer asap!

I know thats what i was thinking. Yeah it is a photography comp but plenty of people will enter cos u get VIP Backstage and all that. I certainly wouldnt be bringing a lidl camera LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah but if its for everyone, not everyones into photography, bit of a waste, just listened, in work so cant keep up. bleh

Placebo wrote: »
    yeah but if its for everyone, not everyones into photography, bit of a waste, just listened, in work so cant keep up. bleh

i thought that too, it is a waste cos there are genuiely people who are interested in the photography part and dont care about the vip backstage stuff. I dont care for that, just the photographing the event would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

i thought that too, it is a waste cos there are genuiely people who are interested in the photography part and dont care about the vip backstage stuff. I dont care for that, just the photographing the event would be amazing.

I think in the competition I entered they used their heads also, if you think about it really, out of all the people that entered the only one to win was a photographerand when I went to shoot the night I was told at the entrance no flash photography so they had to have thought the entrants through. Also to win I had to answer questions live on air, the questions put to me were easy enough for someone who knew about music, my husband was beside me giving the answers, the other contestant got questions that were so hard only a freak would know the answers to all of them, I think she got 1 right compared to my 5!

im in the draw!!! yay! i wonder how may people get in the draw. Its like a lottery.

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The holy grail eh, I'd love to win this. There's a lot of great band worth photographing at this compared to EP's line up so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Damn country. Why when i can get 98fm i cant get fm104?

landyman wrote: »
    Damn country. Why when i can get 98fm i cant get fm104?

Your not alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

competitions like this do show how music photography is quickly becoming an area of photography it's almost impossible to make good money out of. The 'winner' gets to have their photos printed in the newspaper, probably meaning that one of the staff photographers won't be shooting this event this year.

i wonder if newspapers started giving photographic access to other news events in exchange for the right to use photos would people be as quick to enter the 'competition'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

DotOrg wrote: »
    i wonder if newspapers started giving photographic access to other news events in exchange for the right to use photos would people be as quick to enter the 'competition'

Aye

"Be in to win.. One lucky winner gets to be official Sunday World photographer at the latest gangland murder funeral. They will get all access pass to both feuding families, no holds barred photo access!!!"

Eh... No thanks.

DotOrg wrote: »
    competitions like this do show how music photography is quickly becoming an area of photography it's almost impossible to make good money out of. The 'winner' gets to have their photos printed in the newspaper, probably meaning that one of the staff photographers won't be shooting this event this year.

Not bad if ya get put up in a VIP tent! Photographer pit! Free entry!
    Great experience for amateurs, I certainly would agree!
    If this happened pro photographers would be put outa business and I would hate to see that happen

• Advertisement

Lol, there's no VIP tent, put up your own or rent one ;)

The VIP 'area' is well handy though - real actual toilets and seats, no more lounging in muck!

Oh, and smaller q's to some great hotdogs...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Lol, there's no VIP tent, put up your own or rent one ;)

The VIP 'area' is well handy though - real actual toilets and seats, no more lounging in muck!

Oh, and smaller q's to some great hotdogs...

VIP is fairly cack to be honest... EP on the ontherhand...

<cowers from reported post b1tches>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

VIP is fairly cack to be honest... EP on the ontherhand...

Never been but everyone who has been says EP is stunning...

Anyway, is it just me or is this competition a bit of a waste on 104? Or any radio station. Canon should be doing this on canon.ie, not 104...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

^More exposure, more advertising on fm104. Now why not 2fm?

Advertisement