Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHOP in gracedieu area...

• 08-06-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I live on carrickphierish road estate for last year and half ,only in last few months a bus route has passed ,i am lucky i have a car but to go get milk ect. we need to go either supervalue hypermarket or freshway cleaboy not ideal for people with no transport,

Now on entrance to mount suir theirs work goin on at snails pace on retail units , its bein goin on at same pace over 2 year now with finish not looking likely soon ,their is sign for a takeaway opening soon which is a start ,but i think priority should be on a shop like spar or a centra to open up it would do massive bussiness as traffic flow here is good plus all estates in area would be walking distance to a shop, its desperately needed IMO
    Does anyone else in area agree or does anyone know whats story with that development or a shop in gracedieu???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Totally agree with you, im in the area too we really need some sort of shop. Iv stopped going to the Hyper since last year, hate going in there, the staff treat people like sh1t. really REALLY rude. end up going to the Spar on yellow road or aldi in the glen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As far as I know, the Council have earmarked this area to become a self-sufficient community. Although you only have to look at Adamstown in Dublin to see how well this kind of plan works out. Perhaps the issue will be tackled with a bit more gusto by the new Council as the sitting Councillors would have been weary/conservative in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

YE Hopefully as its really needed ,i also use aldi alot hope new council gets move on with something if a chiper is advertising opening soon i dont see why shop cant do same im sure it would do much more bussiness than chiper here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

the staff treat people like sh1t. really REALLY rude

Yeah they are, probably the most rude people ive ever met! I live blackberry fields and yeah a shop would be nice... I reckon once those flats are properly done somone will put a shop there.. its crazy not to!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The Gracedieu area is indeed earmarked to be self-sufficient (to a point, I suppose). Think there's meant to be a primary and secondary school (somewhat nearby) as well as a shopping area (probably similar to the Cleaboy if you think about it). How long this will take is another matter though I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

my sister lives in blackberry fields, has no transport , a2 small kids and often has to walk to the clayboy garage, makes life rather difficult, shop should have been a priority

Advertisement