Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthrax Worship Music

• 08-06-2009 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Rumour has it that it may get a release towards the end of the month.

Heard two tracks from it and it sounds like a cross between "The Sound Of White Noise" and "We've Come For You All"

Heavy as hell and very melodic is how I would describe the studio versions of the two tracks. The vocals sound a bit like John Bush did, with a slightly rawer edge.

Cannot wait for this album. Anthrax have always managed to step up a gear each time in the past for the first album with a new singer and have hopes that history repeats itself here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

still reckon it was wrong wrong wrong to shaft John Bush...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

seachto7 wrote: »
    still reckon it was wrong wrong wrong to shaft John Bush...

So do I, I rated Bush as the best singer that Anthrax had to that point, and for my money, their two best albums were albums that Bush sang on, even though I loved the Belladonna era.

The whole Bush being screwed was messy and unseemly, and really knocked the band back a few years.

I had kinda hoped that there would have been some way for them to beg Bush to come back for Worship Music, but it was not to be, and I do not blame Bush for not coming back the time he was asked. The tracks I heard would have been awesome with Bush on them.

But I shall be buying the new album because, of the so called big four in thrash, Anthrax have always been my favourite. In the last 19 years they have been far more consistent and brought out stronger albums in general than was Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth have. Just look at what all four have brought out since '90 and stack them side by side. Although Megadeth started the 90's with three strong albums, they seemed to fade after Youthanasia. I have not included any live stuff or greatest hits etc.

Anthrax

Persistence of Time (1990)
    Sound of White Noise (1993)
    Stomp 442 (1995)
    Volume 8: The Threat Is Real (1998)
    We've Come for You All (2003)

Worship Music (2009)

Metallica

1991 Metallica
    1996 Load
    1997 ReLoad
    2003 St. Anger
    2008 Death Magnetic

Megadeth

1990: Rust in Peace
    1992: Countdown to Extinction
    1994: Youthanasia
    1997: Cryptic Writings
    1999: Risk
    2001: The World Needs a Hero
    2004: The System Has Failed
    2007: United Abominations

2009: New album is due out something this year, but don't know much about it yet.

Slayer

Seasons in the Abyss (1990)
    Divine Intervention (1994)
    Undisputed Attitude (1996)
    Diabolus in Musica (1998)
    God Hates Us All (2001)
    Christ Illusion (2006)

World Painted Blood (2009)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Can't say i'm looking forward to this much. Seeing them this summer and i'l be very surprised if their any good at all.

Anthrax are one of my favourite bands, but only old Anthrax (circa Joey Belladonna era). They're not the same band at all anymore IMO. They've gone waaay too far away from their thrash roots.

Léan wrote: »
    Can't say i'm looking forward to this much. Seeing them this summer and i'l be very surprised if their any good at all.

Anthrax are one of my favourite bands, but only old Anthrax (circa Joey Belladonna era). They're not the same band at all anymore IMO. They've gone waaay too far away from their thrash roots.

I take it that you have not seen the current line up live then. You are in for a pleasant surprise, they are far heavier live now that they ever were with Belladonna.

I would go as far as to say that the current line up sound almost as good as the WCFYA line up did live.

May a plague of fleas infest all.

The album has been pushed back until October. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I love all the John Bush albums mainly, but cant really get into anything before among the living...bar a few songs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

I saw them on Tuesday night and over all I was disappointed, new singer is ok but too much Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi Oing from him, wasn't impressed with their new song "Fight 'Em 'Till You Can't Fight No More", I think it is very weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sound of White Noise (1993)
    Stomp 442 (1995)
    Volume 8: The Threat Is Real (1998)

savage albums, the only albums i can listen to, with vol 8 being the standout. could take or leave belladonna era...

savage albums, the only albums i can listen to, with vol 8 being the standout. could take or leave belladonna era...

What? No "We've Come for You All "?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Not the greatest quality but 2 songs from the new Album - ULU London 16/06/2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2fyQHtiIQ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeNK4a0TtDI

• Advertisement

Bloody typical, but maybe they can kiss some butt with John Bush and get him back.

And Scott Ian did say that while they were looking for a singer before they got Nelson in, that they were writing the songs in the style of when Bush was there. So he should be able to slot back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bloody typical, but maybe they can kiss some butt with John Bush and get him back.

And Scott Ian did say that while they were looking for a singer before they got Nelson in, that they were writing the songs in the style of when Bush was there. So he should be able to slot back in.

I do think that the Sonisphere gig is a Test for them both, to see if Bush fits again, it's at least on his terms, they need a singer, he's been through it before with them so knows what they are like, I actually loved Belladonna and Bush, haven't really listened to them with Nelson, but that's not going to be happening now - hopefully all goes well with the Knebworth gig and Bush rejoins, whoever comes in will be redoing the vocals for the new album, that's pretty much guaranteed....

hopefully they'll include an Irish date on the Euro Tour.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd rather Bush didn't leave armoured saint,get belladonna back in!

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd rather Bush didn't leave armoured saint,get belladonna back in!

Belladonna won't be back. He has publicly stated that he has no interest in recording any new material with Anthrax, and that all he would do is the old stuff again.

I would want Bush back, he was a great fit with Anthrax. Armored Saint have some great stuff though, Symbol Of Salvation is a cracking album and albums like March Of The Saint or Saints Will Conquer will always remain favorites of mine, just like they were when I first got them on cassette back in my primary schooldays. Damn I feel old. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm going to see Anthrax in a week :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Dear rest of anthrax: man up and apologise to john bush and offer him the position.

while you're at it get frank bello back too (or is he already, i didnt notice)

regards,

me.

Dear rest of anthrax: man up and apologise to john bush and offer him the position.

while you're at it get frank bello back too (or is he already, i didnt notice)

regards,

me.

Bello is still there. So you are half happy :D

FunkZ wrote: »
    I'm going to see Anthrax in a week :P

Wish I was. What with the rest of their tour dates now cancelled, the Sonisphere gig with John Bush is going to be a cracker.

Advertisement