Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about a cancelled credit card

Options
  • 08-06-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey guys got my wallet stolen a few days ago which had my credit cards and laser cards. Its a bit annoying as I am abroad and need them but anyways cards were cancelled within an hour and nothing happened on the card.

About two hours before I got the card stolen I returned a rental van which there was a security deposit debited from the card a month previously when i picked it up of approx 1500 euros. When i returned the van they issued a refund through the card for the deposit and it went through and gave me a receipt for it (no longer have it as in wallet).

The question is will the refund still come through as I am worried that by the time the refund is processed by my bank that the cancelled card will bounce the payment back to the origin.

I kinda need the refund to come through as payment due on it next week and if the refund comes through it will actually clear the debt on card.

hope someone can give me some useful help???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The bank will normally transfer any incoming credits to your new card number. Double check with them, but it's not an issue 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Same in my experience, even transactions weeks later were handled automatically by the card provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

ok cool hope it works out, just dont wanna be paying anything on due date as should all be cleared before payment date due, fingers crossed

Advertisement