Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level MATHS , Aftermath.

Options
  • 08-06-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Well guys , what did ye think of the maths paper 2?

i thought it was quite fare tbh especcialy the statistics question and linear programming but question 2 (the line) part b was damn hard i could not get it to work out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Feel good after doing that exam. Very happy with the way all my questions went. I was kind of in a rush to do a qustion and a half in the last 15mins though:o haha

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

the last parts of a couple of Qs were hard but the paper was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I couldn't do Q2 part b at all and I messed up linear prgrommaing part b because I panicked and then I realised how to do it afterwards. AHHH!

Otherwise I absolutely flew through statistics, probability and trigonometry, they weren't so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

I found Q.2&3 quite difficult, took me ages like!
    Q10 on the options was unusual to what normally is up aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Nimmy

I thought it was kinda hard compared with Paper 1. But I think I just didn't put as much time into studying paper 2! oops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

I'd be very grateful if someone put up the solution to OL maths Question B please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

I thought it was the hardest paper two in the past 5/6 years. Paper one was incredibly easy though so it kinda balances out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I made a complete balls of it anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

there goes commerce, def didn't get a B3 after my shoddy effort:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

I thought that was a nice paper 1,5,7 were very simple and last parts of 2 and 3 were a bit tricky but got them in the end

q11 was really easy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Realistically it was grand, I just didn't put enough attention to it. Q 2) B) was anoying because I knew how to do everything on it except for i) which meant I couldn't continue.

Probability was piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 squirrel!

man i raped the probability question! it rocks!
    apart from that it was all good i tink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Line and circle q where hard... Didn't get the last part of Area and Volume either but pretty happy overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

whats the answer to the last part on q 11? its show the region where the profit is at most 7200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Happy with that paper, learned all formulas this morning and wrote them all down in my first page of the answer-book. Wrote them out each time they were needed, 3 marks. Subbed in variables, 4 marks. Solving a Part C with the knowledge I did it perfectly, as someone who's been up to this point innumerate, priceless. And 3 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Definitely got most of it right. A few questions were a bit tricky so they'll probably bring my grade down a bit.

Wasn't sure what to do for some of the trig questions but I think I might have gotten them right anyway.

As said already, probability was great this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

Was an okay paper, a few tricky bits, and it took me three tries to get the cumulative freq. graph, but apart from that it was fine :) Never have to use the word 'quadratic equation' again, feels nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Good enough paper but it had a few tricky parts alright, Q2(b) in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

last part of Q.1 was a bit tricky, but I think I got it in the end!
    Just completely ignored part b of two, had no idea what that was all about!
    did 6 questions so it should be grand!

What does that thing about bearing mean? was the angle where the arrow was pointing 40degrees or 130?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

questin 2 B was hard...i got it out somehow though:D the other 2 points were something like (0,4)(0,-4) i just subbed in the (3,0) into the distance formula and seeing as X2 had to be 0,was left with the problem of finding Y2,seeing as 3 squared is 9.....it had to be 4 or -4 as the length was 5...the square root had to add up to 25 and whoooop it did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Was an okay paper

Except the end part of 1,
    How do you do that?

Em and part B of question 2

Linear programming, propability and statistics were grand, area and volume ok, and question 3 had soem hard bits

Just so happy maths is done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Way harder than Paper1.

They lured us into a false sense of security like the witches :pac:

I think I got an A in paper1 so that should bring me up.

Can somebody post their Probability answers so I can check them please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

I said buh bye to commerce in UCD. I did fine in Q1 (I think I got every question right), probabilities, statistics (because I'm in love with them)... But Q2 and Q3 were aweful. I was in the rush with trigonometry, I did part a and started part b, bet left it out. Q11 was also quite freaky, I had 15 mins left, tried to do it for 5 mins and then started Q10, which, of course, I didn't finish. Now I blame myself because I didn't start Q10 instead of that horrible Q11 >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

went pretty well thank god.. i thought it was much easier than paper 1...!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 xprincessashx

2 and 3 were freakin hard!! and im an ex-honours student hopin for an a...HA unlikely...not gonna happen now, that paper really annoyed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Probability Answers: I got: These coud be wrong but they could also be right: Please let me know! I think i did fine on Parts A and B but here my C answers -

(C)
    (i) 120
    (ii) 72
    (iii) 36
    (iv) 12

Anyone? I'm crap at it but I rushed through it (about 5 mins) and managed to get answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Do people just come on here to boast about how "piss" they thought the paper was? I came on here looking for something to console me after that horrendous paper, but got nothing of the sort.

I'm having a horrible day. 2 horrifc exams, followed by eating a raw chicken breast. Food poisoning to follow most likely. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

sarah+1 wrote: »
    Do people just come on here to boast about how "piss" they thought the paper was? I came on here looking for something to console me after that horrendous paper, but got nothing of the sort.

I'm having a horrible day. 2 horrifc exams, followed by eating a raw chicken breast. Food poisoning to follow most likely. FML.

there there *hugs*

I didn't like it either. I'm so stupid. I didn't see the second inquality x + y < 13

>.<

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I thought it was the hardest paper two in the past 5/6 years. Paper one was incredibly easy though so it kinda balances out!
    Yeah they definitely weren't given away too many easy marks on that one.

I think I did okay-ish (I hope), but a couple of the last parts threw me. Especially the end of linear programming, I've never come across that sort of question before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

What did everyone get for Simpson's Rule?

Advertisement