Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Face Mask?

Options
  • 08-06-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Fello airsofters

Currently i ware a normal €12 green face mask but am getting fed up using it and am thinking of getting a Half Face Mask along with a pair of glasses.
    My question is are they any good,like are they comfortable or anoying?
    And what prices do they range from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

I got a king arms neoprene mask for $29 from ehobby, used it for the 1st time in rathbeggen at the weekend and was great, took the sting out of the shots and you dont really notice it once you get going, you have to have it on really tight though, not sure if I would trust it in a place like the warehouse as its a bit to close for comfort and dont think it would be as effective if you get a shot from 10ft away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

oh yea well if i was playing up in the warehouse i would be defently wearing full face protection but for playing in places like rathbeggan it would be handy.
    more suggestions and advice are welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Well... thy are quite good, but it depends...

Id recomend using fogtec on your glasses for that... because the restriction over your mouth, be it shemagh, balclava, or a half mask is quite bad...

want my advice? if your full mask is the one i think it is, unclip the lower half of the mask, add a bit of elastic, and hey presto...plus its got ventelation for breathing.

face_mask.jpg

its one of these:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Yeah I got one of those and took off the eye part and just have the mouth part, have to say it works the charm very comfortable and my guarders don't fog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

bingo, the lower clips off... add elastic, and you're sorted hon.... and for free too :P

:rolleyes:not a bad idea:),i'll have to have a detailed look at my mask and see if i like it or not, but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

go to any builders shop (there's a few in Capel street if you're in Dublin) and you can get a respirator for €7. comfortable to wear, will stop a BB and fits with any goggles/glasses you might be wearing.

smegmar wrote: »
    go to any builders shop (there's a few in Capel street if you're in Dublin) and you can get a respirator for €7. comfortable to wear, will stop a BB and fits with any goggles/glasses you might be wearing.

thanks,i'll have a look next time im in town

Advertisement